Clear All

The Semifinal Match Thread

A few amuse bouche:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170422_163851.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	151.7 KB
ID:	2564536

Nearly 20 years ago, was leaning against the wall to the right of the image frame, remember Claw and Woodie being so vocal in the leadup to the try.

He started his run just in front of us, that moment christened a lot of munster faithful into the religion:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	GN4_DAT_10746738.jpg--o_gara_kicks_a_last_minute_penalty_against_saracens_at_thomond_park_in_january_2000_picture__sportsfile.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	2564537

Just have an inkling this year lads. Viva la Rojo Brigade.
    Starts
    20th-April-2019 15:00
    Ends
    20th-April-2019 16:45
    I am the million man.

Well my bouche is suitably amused!
    Once again that oaf has destroyed my day....

Comment

I’ll never forget that first Thomond Park encounter. What a game.
      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

The odds are fairly close.1/3 and 12/5 with handicap -7.

With a fan ratio of probably at least 2/1 for Munster it will be some occasion.

A very good performance against a very good Edinburgh team - but much more required now. Difficult to see past a Saracens win - how many really believe...

Probably still a couple of players short of a HCup winning team - but probably better now than the previous (Munster) winners.
        ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
        AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Fun fact, in the history of the Heineken/Champions Cup, Munster have won all 4 QF/SF appearances in England. Versus Tiger in 02/03, Glaws and Sarries in 07/08 and Quins in 12/13.

Comment

I remember ten years ago when a team who had given their QF opponents a "Damned good thrashing" at home, played one who had barely scraped through their away QF.

When it came to the SF, the latter team won and went on to win out as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Piquet View Post
              I remember ten years ago when a team who had given their QF opponents a "Damned good thrashing" at home, played one who had barely scraped through their away QF.

When it came to the SF, the latter team won and went on to win out as well.
              Piquet, the Munster Junior Clubs Challenge Cup doesn't count.

Comment

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y36ucIXrvTw

Comment

Originally posted by neill_m View Post
                  Fun fact, in the history of the Heineken/Champions Cup, Munster have won all 4 QF/SF appearances in England. Versus Tiger in 02/03, Glaws and Sarries in 07/08 and Quins in 12/13.
                  I like it
                  Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

As long as we take every 3 points on offer, and keep pushing the scoreboard. Nothing silly like choosing a scrum against a strong pack. Kick everything. Sarries pride themselves on their defence. Don't waste any chances, we wont have many.
                    Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

We’ve got Garcès for the semi final. Leinster have Wayne Barnes.

https://punditarena.com/rugby/smcmah...mi-finals/amp/
                      Last edited by Stringer9; 5th-April-2019, 10:29.
                      The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

I think the fact we had a tough game vs Edinburgh will really stand to us. They aren't getting enough credit for how much they have improved and likewise we aren't getting enough for overcoming a tough challenge.

The only part we need to be careful with is the kicking game but while I really feared them in 2017 I don't now. And Itoje chipping in with his comments on Beirne really fuel the fires.

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterBakery View Post
                          I think the fact we had a tough game vs Edinburgh will really stand to us. They aren't getting enough credit for how much they have improved and likewise we aren't getting enough for overcoming a tough challenge.

The only part we need to be careful with is the kicking game but while I really feared them in 2017 I don't now. And Itoje chipping in with his comments on Beirne really fuel the fires.
                          I'm inclined to agree.
                          Exeter are the only team that comes close to them in England and we've handled them and we've improved since then imho.
                          We'll need a dollop of luck, as you always do, but this is as big as a final for these players. I think they're up to it.
                          Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Looking back on the replay from 2017 I hadn't realised how much Jaco was caught out as a shooter in midfield

They scooted around him a few times
                            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                              Looking back on the replay from 2017 I hadn't realised how much Jaco was caught out as a shooter in midfield

They scooted around him a few times
                              True. Also, we play better now than we did then...even allowing for the fact that they were extremely good then. I don't know how much better we are now or nor how the current Sarries team compare to their 2017 team, but I think the gap has closed a lot.
                              This is going to be close, with us as the underdogs who have a real chance to do something great.

Comment

Working...
                              X