No announcement yet.

MATCH THREAD: Munster Vs Cardiff

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am expecting some internationals to be rested but others to play. Will have fairly strong team out. Tyler at 10 to get game time in.

Comment

With the A squad for the States being announced, one wouldn't expect any of those travelling/playing this Saturday 6th and Wednesday 10th to feature against Treviso on the 12th, let alone the Cardiff game (obviously!). The A squad includes a few of the fringe senior players who might have had an outside chance of inclusion in those games, most notably Liam O'Connor. So if he's not going to be available for the next two Pro14 fixtures, does it mean there's a greater chance of James Cronin finally returning to play next weekend? I'd be a bit surprised if Killer and Loughman were expected to play an Edinburgh-Cardiff-Treviso-Saracens run of games, but at the same time there's been no announcement of a return to training for Cronin.

The A squad announcement also puts paid to any notion that Seán O'Connor might have played against one of Cardiff or Treviso.

Munster A squad: Liam O’Connor, Conor Oliver, Dave O’Callaghan, Duncan Williams, James Hart and Alex Wootton.
      Keynan Knox, Eoghan Clarke, Seán O’Connor, Gavin Coombes, Jack Daly, Jack O’Sullivan, Jack Stafford, Ben Healy, Alex McHenry, Seán French, Alan Tynan and James McCarthy.
      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Fortress Musgrave won't let us down. The ground and the fans have really become a critical part of the Munster machine.
        "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
        Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
          With the A squad for the States being announced, one wouldn't expect any of those travelling/playing this Saturday 6th and Wednesday 10th to feature against Treviso on the 12th, let alone the Cardiff game (obviously!). The A squad includes a few of the fringe senior players who might have had an outside chance of inclusion in those games, most notably Liam O'Connor. So if he's not going to be available for the next two Pro14 fixtures, does it mean there's a greater chance of James Cronin finally returning to play next weekend? I'd be a bit surprised if Killer and Loughman were expected to play an Edinburgh-Cardiff-Treviso-Saracens run of games, but at the same time there's been no announcement of a return to training for Cronin.

The A squad announcement also puts paid to any notion that Seán O'Connor might have played against one of Cardiff or Treviso.

Munster A squad: Liam O’Connor, Conor Oliver, Dave O’Callaghan, Duncan Williams, James Hart and Alex Wootton.
          Keynan Knox, Eoghan Clarke, Seán O’Connor, Gavin Coombes, Jack Daly, Jack O’Sullivan, Jack Stafford, Ben Healy, Alex McHenry, Seán French, Alan Tynan and James McCarthy.
          Would have thought if these were the last opportunities for both the names highlighted to play for Munster in Cork they'd have been in the matchday 23 this weekend
          I am the million man.

Comment

A friend of mine is looking for two tickets for the West Stand (has a bad back and probably wouldn’t be able to stand for the whole match) for Friday if anyone has any they aren’t using. Thanks.
            The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

Would have thought if these were the last opportunities for both the names highlighted to play for Munster in Cork they'd have been in the matchday 23 this weekend
              Duncan has his walk on part in Limerick a couple of weeks ago. As some of our lads are young looking, I’d have thought there are local
              licensing laws behind these selections. More seriously both are seasoned guys you need on an away trip like this.

Comment

I think the full strength team need to be starting for the next two games before Saracens to get some form together. They looked rusty as hell in Edinburgh.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                  I think the full strength team need to be starting for the next two games before Saracens to get some form together. They looked rusty as hell in Edinburgh.
                  So you would have them out four weeks running ?

Comment

Four is a bridge too far I'd fear. But we need to maximise game time - especially in the backs and in securing our own ruck ball. Full bore against Cardiff, then rest for knocks against Treviso but stack the bench so the last 20/30 or so is a first team.
                    "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Agree game time is needed, but four is too far- especially if we want any sort of effective team after that. It would be more like JVG to spilt across the next two weeks, rather than have a strongest starting side, and then a weaker one.

It feels a bit risky to have the A s away at this crucial time.

Navidi, a fine player in my opinion, has had an operation on his elbow and is being talked about as being ready for the RWC.
                      Last edited by jagawayagain; 4th-April-2019, 08:20.

Comment

Blues murdered us in midfield last time out. It's a key area
                        Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                        Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

We will have a stronger than expected team out with majority of our internationals starting.

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post
                            We will have a stronger than expected team out with majority of our internationals starting.
                            Could well be, as most didn't play against Zebre. Treviso wont be easy either, so we need to have have some back for that fixture too. The way I figure it 1 vs 2 no longer depends on bonus point wins (I know there are scenarios where it does), but about winning one game more than Glasgow. Hopefully we have another couple of games left in HCUP, so home semi becomes all the more important -

Comment

Originally posted by Miguel Sanchez View Post
                              Blues murdered us in midfield last time out. It's a key area
                              I had forgotten that, we couldn't lay a hand on them when they got the ball. Nick Williams is due his bi-annual big game also. When he's good he's very very good.
                              When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post
                                Class, thats great news. We owe Caaadif a shellacking
                                I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                                X