• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post

https://www.the42.ie/johann-van-graa...80104-Apr2019/

Look like we are making changes.
    ​​​​​​
    I don't think we will beat Treviso, with a full team it would be a tricky game. We are assured of playoffs. Losing home semi is a big factor but that was lost in the Scarlets game imo.
    We need to target the Sarries game.
    After the strong selection for the Cardiff game, we were always going to have to make changes- 4 starts on the bounce would make no sense- especially if we beat Sarries. The four/five mentioned can be rested without too much risk- Alby starts, Cronin on the bench (Duncan will be only back from the US, if that), for Kleyn we have a number of alternatives, Fineen slots in for POM, and again Earls can be covered.

Even if Benetton lose tonight (likely 5-0), a win next week with a final game against Trevino leaves them in the hunt, given Ulster are away to Edinburgh (still in the hunt, especially if they win today), and Leinster- unenviable run in. They will certainly have something to play for- but we seem very effective this season when we need to be.

Comment

Once Munster are allowed to get into their shape, namely the ball coming to 10 with a pod of forwards outside him and a pod of backs running behind the forwards they can manipulate space and make tries from anywhere on the field.

The issue being, when we come up against a better/bigger side it takes more bodies to secure the ball on the floor, and less bodies to generate those two lines of players and things become much much tougher. We certainly have the ability to slice and dice when given the time and space - Sarries are a test level defence
      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
        Once Munster are allowed to get into their shape, namely the ball coming to 10 with a pod of forwards outside him and a pod of backs running behind the forwards they can manipulate space and make tries from anywhere on the field.

The issue being, when we come up against a better/bigger side it takes more bodies to secure the ball on the floor, and less bodies to generate those two lines of players and things become much much tougher. We certainly have the ability to slice and dice when given the time and space - Sarries are a test level defence
        I think the blueprint will be the gameplan we saw so clearly against Leinster in Thomond Park and recently against Embra, concede ground and possession and defend like the devil for 77 minutes. In the other three minutes take chances clinically and score whatever points come your way; hopefully that'll be just enough.

We're going to need a bigger sofa.
        Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Even if Benetton lose tonight (likely 5-0), a win next week with a final game against Trevino leaves them in the hunt, given Ulster are away to Edinburgh (still in the hunt, especially if they win today), and Leinster- unenviable run in. They will certainly have something to play for- but we seem very effective this season when we need to be.
          Apologies for quoting myself- but so much for my punditry - Leinster 5-0 against Treviso!! That’ll leave them well pumped up for next week. With an away fixture to end with against Zebre, Edinburgh and Ulster playing each other and then with tough games against table toppers, they have a well- deserved foot in the playoffs. Anything they can get next week just makes their task easier- but they effectively have a free shot. Doesn't make Munsters task any easier. I still think JVG will have to rotate- whoever we play after starriest, in whatever competition, we will need a side with plenty in the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post

When he made that fantastic break and converted the try the players on the bench stood and clapped for it, looking pretty thrilled. It’s great to see that support there from the players. At this point we know they are aware of the pretty negative criticism, and it get’s to be pretty toxic when a player’s form is off. Even the post in the previous page that mentions Hanrahan’s cameo, he said he was good when he came on “when it no longer mattered”. There’s no need for it.
            Superb break and he always has one or two of those in his locker, every game. More than anything he needs a little luck to go his way.

JJ is judged harshly by some because of the unreasonable expectations that have been placed upon him by fans over many a year, especially when Ian Keatley was playing behind a beaten pack and expected to produce miracles week in week out. JJ's a fine player, a super talent, and i'm glad he's a Munster player and sooner or later he'll have a run of games and a purple patch.
            Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post

I think the blueprint will be the gameplan we saw so clearly against Leinster in Thomond Park and recently against Embra, concede ground and possession and defend like the devil for 77 minutes. In the other three minutes take chances clinically and score whatever points come your way; hopefully that'll be just enough.

We're going to need a bigger sofa.
              Puuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure Cup Rugby.

The greatest of all rugbys
              I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post

Superb break and he always has one or two of those in his locker, every game. More than anything he needs a little luck to go his way.

JJ is judged harshly by some because of the unreasonable expectations that have been placed upon him by fans over many a year, especially when Ian Keatley was playing behind a beaten pack and expected to produce miracles week in week out. JJ's a fine player, a super talent, and i'm glad he's a Munster player and sooner or later he'll have a run of games and a purple patch.
                He's useless at table tennis.
                Stand up for the Ulcer men

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Apologies for quoting myself- but so much for my punditry - Leinster 5-0 against Treviso!! That’ll leave them well pumped up for next week. With an away fixture to end with against Zebre, Edinburgh and Ulster playing each other and then with tough games against table toppers, they have a well- deserved foot in the playoffs. Anything they can get next week just makes their task easier- but they effectively have a free shot. Doesn't make Munsters task any easier. I still think JVG will have to rotate- whoever we play after starriest, in whatever competition, we will need a side with plenty in the tank.

Those 2 points were massive for Treviso. They don't need anything out of next week if they take 5 against Zebre. A losing BP against us would nearly guarantee them 3rd, if we assume they beat Zebre. Edinburgh and Ulster only likely to win one of their remaining fixtures. Playing each other next, and then EDI away to Glasgow and Ulster home to Leinster. Prob hard to pick up winning BP in any of those fixtures

If either EDI or ULS win both of their games than Treviso get 3rd if they pick up the win against Zebre.

Would love to see Treviso make the playoffs, be well deserved by them and good for the league.

As above though, with rotation for us next week, it's going to be tough ask on the road. Need the squad to stand up and perform on the road, probably without some key leaders.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X