No announcement yet.

Coaching Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

two very good appointments in my opinion.
    the backs one was the more obvious one, we have struggled for any type of consistent back play for last few year.
    this has been frustrating from a supporters point of view and I would imagine also from players perspective.
    Most would agree we have the players to implement the necessary changes going forward, one or 2 prudent signings maybe in
    key areas.
    I hope also more of an emphasis is given to developing our home grown talent, give them the opportunity to show what they are capable of, referring specifically to emerging talent on show at Ireland u20 level.
    Instant success will be the desire but getting things right and building for the future from the ground up is vital.
    exciting times ahead
    Still there's a light I hold before me
    You're the measure of my dreams
    The measure of my dreams.

Comment

Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
        two very good appointments in my opinion.
        the backs one was the more obvious one, we have struggled for any type of consistent back play for last few year.
        this has been frustrating from a supporters point of view and I would imagine also from players perspective.
        Most would agree we have the players to implement the necessary changes going forward, one or 2 prudent signings maybe in
        key areas.
        I hope also more of an emphasis is given to developing our home grown talent, give them the opportunity to show what they are capable of, referring specifically to emerging talent on show at Ireland u20 level.
        Instant success will be the desire but getting things right and building for the future from the ground up is vital.
        exciting times ahead
        A lot of those u20s will be fast tracked now I would say. I think we will see more internal coaching structure changes also to support that fast tracking.

Comment

Delighted to have this confirmed. Hopefully we have all the pieces together now
          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Terrible appointment. We are doomed. Leinster are unbeatable.

Comment

Good man Lar.

Comment

Great appointment and I’m really pleased he’s in the role of senior coach, above the other lads, rather than just a backs coach. Means his attacking philosophy can be imposed on our whole team and game plan.

Allows JVG to focus on the bigger picture and build on the work that’s been done to improve our overall set up in recent years. We finally seem to be getting everything in place.

Comment

If these appointments enable us gain an edge up front and the ability to turn that into tries it'll be brilliant.

We've been too blunt for too long.
                  Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                  Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by HenryFitz View Post
                    First time I've been optimistic about a season in six years.

The skills coach role should go to a local. Someone who could take on the attack coach role later in their career.
                    Can we get Pienaard as Skills coach.......just for pissing off Ulser.

Comment

This is a real first for Munster. The first time I can remember where there won't be a Limerick or Cork accent in the bootroom.

On the face of it it should pay off big time but it's a real pity that neither Fla nor Felix will reap any benefit from it. If one or both had stayed their coaching CV & knowledge would be incredible come 2022 when these lads' contracts are up. I hope they won't regret it. Sport, like life, can be cruel.

It looks a really impressive line up nonetheless and I'd be amazed if they can't get 10% more out of our players, who lack nothing in talent or endeavour.
                      Perhaps we'll also add a 12 to the roster come Christmas as I thought I heard Alan Quinlan say that Handre Pollard was on the point of signing for us but was waylaid by a sack of French cash. Good riddance to him.
                      Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                        This is a real first for Munster. The first time I can remember where there won't be a Limerick or Cork accent in the bootroom.

On the face of it it should pay off big time but it's a real pity that neither Fla nor Felix will reap any benefit from it. If one or both had stayed their coaching CV & knowledge would be incredible come 2022 when these lads' contracts are up. I hope they won't regret it. Sport, like life, can be cruel.

It looks a really impressive line up nonetheless and I'd be amazed if they can't get 10% more out of our players, who lack nothing in talent or endeavour.
                        Perhaps we'll also add a 12 to the roster come Christmas as I thought I heard Alan Quinlan say that Handre Pollard was on the point of signing for us but was waylaid by a sack of French cash. Good riddance to him.
                        Good riddance is a bit harsh.
                        It's a short career and he has to look after his future.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes will fall like a house of cards - checkmate!" Zapp Brannigan

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post

Can we get Pienaard as Skills coach.......just for pissing off Ulser.
                          Might help CM's game
                          Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post

Might help CM's game
                            I think Larkham’s presence will do it a power of good- 100 caps, wold cup winner, will sound quite loud compared with the playing experience of last year’s coaching team.

Comment

Excellent really building now, hopefully will get one more skills coach in
                              "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

There is nothing negative in this. Smart appointments and the fact that two top class coaches Will uproot their lives and come here to work with JVG and the players at our disposal can only be seen as a positive.

After six years working abroad, I am expecting to be back in Ireland next year and a big positive in that is that I will get to see more Munster games.
                                Last edited by The Last Stand; 14th-June-2019, 18:51.

Comment

Working...
                                X