Coaching Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lonstonitis View Post

I don't think you'll find many supporters that would disagree with that. But for a CEO to say the new lads coming in are much better than the two lads that have given years of dedication to Munster I think is a little bit of an unnecessary dig.

On a separate note though I am super excited about Rowntree and Larkham* coming in.

*I presume
    He didn't say that though.

Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Tony Leen from the Examiner saying that Larkham is a done deal with the announcement imminent.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post
        Tony Leen from the Examiner saying that Larkham is a done deal with the announcement imminent.
        Announcement today I would expect.
        Last edited by Redcafe1; 14th-June-2019, 10:00.

Comment

It would have been announced before now but Fitzy had trouble setting up his Paypal account which is the payment method of choice on DoneDeal.

Comment

Larkham confirmed
            https://www.munsterrugby.ie/2019/06/...munster-rugby/
            "If all the wild horsemen of the apocalypse came around the corner O'Mahony would charge straight back at them."
            Will Greenwood

Comment

Senior coach, not backs or anything like that, looks to here now/pre-season, subject to work visa
              Nulla semper amicus, servivit mihi, in iniuriam mihi neminem quem non persolvi

Comment

Senior Coach, how does that fit into the structure? One outstanding vacancy for a Skills Coach or a Backs Coach? Seems an odd way of structuring things without know anything other than job titles. This can't possibly ever work. FACT.

Comment

Excellent signings. I think Larkham will make a huge difference.
                  ​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by MOS View Post
                    Senior Coach, how does that fit into the structure? One outstanding vacancy for a Skills Coach or a Backs Coach? Seems an odd way of structuring things without know anything other than job titles. This can't possibly ever work. FACT.
                    JVG will move partly towards being a director of rugby.

Comment

I'm happy with that. Delighted to see Munster Rugby striving to move in the right direction.

It must be the ridiculous weather at the moment, but I'm in danger of looking forward to the new season already.
                      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Sulla View Post
                        Senior coach, not backs or anything like that, looks to here now/pre-season, subject to work visa
                        Same title as Lancaster at Leinster AFAIK

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Fantastic View Post
                          FANTASTIC news, and I like the measured approach of suggesting that there is probably another vacancy, but they will review what is needed in the light of the appointments made. All of our many 10s will be looking forward to working alongside him, marvellous opportunity for Joey, Healy and Flannery, and I would now expect the issue of JJ/TB issue about nailing down the back up 10, or playing elsewhere, to be resolved before we hit the HCUP. Another point about our coaching mix now is that we have broadened the connections our team has - with all the opportunities that has for recruitment. Celtic cup and friendlies in September, early rounds of the Pro14 against weakened teams (despite the players we will lose), is a very handy opportunity for the new regime to bed, while most eyes are on Japan. I hope Fla and Felix find roles that they are happy with, but delighted with what we now have.

Comment

First time I've been optimistic about a season in six years.

The skills coach role should go to a local. Someone who could take on the attack coach role later in their career.

Comment

Fantastic news. Will be a great pick me up for the group in pre-season after the ground hog day nature of how the year ended.
                              "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Tis awful sunny today for Christmas. I see we all got the same thing, but I don't mind at all.
                                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Working...
                                X