Munster approached Mike Ruddock to do
    the forwards and weight to the the very
    inexperienced coaching staff.

Comment

Originally posted by blade View Post
      Strange call, since our forwards are a match for anybody this year and look pretty well coached to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Strange call, since our forwards are a match for anybody this year and look pretty well coached to me.
        I agree with you about the forwards- things are massively better than six months ago- and about Ruddock. Sometimes the way the portfolio is sold and the realitynof what happens is different though, so the brief may have been a bit different to a straight forwards coach, which, as you say, we seem ok on. Mind you- to echo another theme, we do seem to like to ensure we have loads of cover and more for some positions!

Comment

Originally posted by blade View Post
          Is this something that happened recently, or back in previous years? Fla's been in post for nearly five years, like - he's hardly lacking in experience by now.
          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

A grandaddy father figure might be no harm. Brian O'Brien was a master at this role, they're great for giving lads a bit of insight and realism.

Lancaster and Cullen didn't bring Graham Henry to Dublin for the pints like
            I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
              A grandaddy father figure might be no harm. Brian O'Brien was a master at this role, they're great for giving lads a bit of insight and realism.

Lancaster and Cullen didn't bring Graham Henry to Dublin for the pints like
              Overseer might be no harm at all and Brian O Brien was unbelievable at the role in the era he was in but who do we try/can we get in for this era for Munster?

Comment

Why do we not have an experienced and battle hardened DoR? It was felt necessary to have one over Axel, a more experienced man on field and on coaches bench than JVG? I am unimpressed with assertions that Rassie wnated Felix for SA - it is a question of the 'fit' he is for Munster here and now. Jason Holland is a widely rrspected attack coach in NZ but he learned his trade as a novice here, not to our benefit.
                We've been saying for a few years now that 'all we needed to be winning' was a pack beast (Beirne, Kleyn, Arno), a class 10 (Joey Boy), and a killer centre (Farrell) to go along with seasoned internationals like CJ, POM, Earlsie, CM, and others like Killer, Scannell 2, John Ryan - yet here we are again starggling gainst teams that other 'lesser' teams steamroller.
                We have players like POM, CM, CJ, Earlsie, in their prime now and their ability should not be wasted.
                Never mind injuries - all clubs have them - it is our performances overall that are not up to scratch. Glaws were terrible, and Exeter could, should, have won here had they just needed a win, with their late kickable penalties.
                We are less than the sum of our parts.

Comment

Working...
                X