Coaching Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
    CJ is still among the fastest flankers. The issue is opponents know the damage he can do if he makes a clean break and they try to make such he doesn't get going.
    He is usually double teamed at the least. we saw at the RDS what happens when one guy tries to take him on at any kind of pace; he flattened Ruddock. getting him into space instead of telling him to crash into contact and recycle every time is going to be important. It will be interesting to see what Larkham and JVG cook up while the internationals are away and how those players integrate into whatever new structures are in place when they retruwn from the RWC.

Comment

Is larkham confirmed? Don't think so?

Comment

Originally posted by North Country Spider View Post
        Not Sure but i believe he was in Limerick.

Comment

I should hope so. Otherwise it's the fires of hell for him. For all eternity too.

Comment

No confirmation, I hope people aren’t getting ahead of themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

No confirmation, I hope people aren’t getting ahead of themselves.
              Some people have unfortunately including the indo.

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

Some people have unfortunately including the indo.
                Well, stopped clock right twice a day- am still hoping!

Comment

I have heard it is as good as confirmed, from a coaching source.
                  \"If you can dream it, you can do it\".
                  \"To the cowardly and unfaithful, nothing is possible\"

Comment

Originally posted by Jollygreengiant View Post
                    I have heard it is as good as confirmed, from a coaching source.
                    It's not confirmed.

Comment

Stephen, in his ankle biter days, getting confirmed into the true Faith (of Upyurjumperism)

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

It's not confirmed.
                        No definitive but as good as. He was told 2-3 wks ago. Maybe it has changed since.
                        \"If you can dream it, you can do it\".
                        \"To the cowardly and unfaithful, nothing is possible\"

Comment

Originally posted by Jollygreengiant View Post

No definitive but as good as. He was told 2-3 wks ago. Maybe it has changed since.
                          Being told you have the job isn’t the same as accepting it....

Comment

Fox Sports Australia said "Larkham saw the Brumbies to the finals in each of his four years in charge of the club from 2014-17.

But the Brumbies never really threatened to take their game to the next level and crashed out at the quarter-finals in his final two years in charge.

Since being let go by the Wallabies, Larkham was ushered into a high performance coach Adviser role with Rugby Australia.

He has spent time with the Australian Sevens program, Junior Wallabies, State U20s Academies, and Wallaroos.

After spending time with the Junior Wallabies, the Australian under-20s side smashed New Zealand 24-10 to win the Oceania championship."

Comment

If Steve Larkham is confirmed as our new attack coach to join Graham Rowantree I hope that two experienced coaches from outside the Munster circle will be able to bring the missing ingredients to enable the team take that last little step to the top

Comment

Originally posted by locomotion View Post
                                If Steve Larkham is confirmed as our new attack coach to join Graham Rowantree I hope that two experienced coaches from outside the Munster circle will be able to bring the missing ingredients to enable the team take that last little step to the top
                                I hope they can make the difference, but it's not a little step imo. Progression in these competitions in logarithmic. The gap between winning the competition and losing a semi final can be as great as the gap between losing a semi and not getting out of the group.

The final few percentage points of performance that makes the difference are very hard won.

If you take Munster's original route to the trophy, I'd say that the team that won in 06 was unrecognisable in impact and performance to the team that lost, say, to Wasps in 2004.

The Leinster team that beat us at Croke Park in 2009 was a totally different beast to the one we eliminated at Landsdowne in 2006.

The Munster team that wins this competition again - if it does - will need to be a long way ahead of where they are now.

"We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Working...
                                X