Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coaching Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by deadlyBuzz View Post

    Firmly believe Scannell is a world class 12, we just need a game plan to get the most out of him
    were he in a blue shirt, he'd be a shoe in on the plane to Japan
    His distribution should be better for a guy that has played 10 in his younger years. Hoping that someone like Larkham can help give him better vision and more time on the ball

    Comment


      Originally posted by deadlyBuzz View Post

      Firmly believe Scannell is a world class 12, we just need a game plan to get the most out of him
      were he in a blue shirt, he'd be a shoe in on the plane to Japan
      really? you wouldn´t be from Cork, would you?
      He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

      Comment


        Originally posted by wellboy View Post

        We need a top class Tighthead, openside and 12 to win the HEC at a minimum regardless of coaches.

        Add to that a fully firing Kleyn who can reach his potential consistently and Pete and CJ raising their games to the levels they were at in 2017 and 2016 respectively. A lot of ifs and buts there!

        This all sounds doom and gloom when its really now, we are really setting ourselves up for success here, im really excited to see someone like Larkham working with our younger academy lads and reaching their potential than dreaming about winning a HEC to be honest.
        Agree with this more or less completely- am on the fence about the form/effectivessness of POM and CJ vs a poor game plan. I’d add that the talent at U20 and slightly older lads- with really top class coaching may well give us a serious boost beyond any recruitment. I’d really like the new coaches (hopefully Larkham) to have a chance to work with what we’ve got, before we rush to recruit, and block opportunities for guys to come through. If that means a treading water season next year, so be it.

        Comment


          Fineen, Coombes and a fit again TOD and JOD can carry more of the load next season so we’re not asking too much of CJ and POM.

          Comment


            Originally posted by deadlyBuzz View Post

            Firmly believe Scannell is a world class 12, we just need a game plan to get the most out of him
            were he in a blue shirt, he'd be a shoe in on the plane to Japan
            Ryanair cabin crew wear blue. But they don't fly to Japan, mind.

            Comment


              Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post
              Fineen, Coombes and a fit again TOD and JOD can carry more of the load next season so we’re not asking too much of CJ and POM.
              They will need to as we will be without a lot of front liners for a large chunk of next season due to world cup, then rest period, then 6N.

              Comment


                I'm not sure what would need to be altered with the game plan to stop cj charging into people but we need an overhaul of how we attack space, use our better runners and offload. Look at the work that Pivac did at scarlets, or the change in connaught a few years ago. Something of that magnitude may be needed to re programme cv and our other brave one out chargers to get people running with them for offloads rather than hitting the deck. Part of the problem is that our forwards lack pace and agility for the most part. Also, although van gránn allows us to attack from deep, we don't alter things enough to get good broken field runners like sweetnam and earls and Conway receiving the ball off 9 or 10 on central positions where breaking the defensive line can inflict serious damage. Larkham, yes please.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

                  They will need to as we will be without a lot of front liners for a large chunk of next season due to world cup, then rest period, then 6N.
                  There’s also the Celtic cup in September before the PRO14 starts, so great opportunity for them to play consistently together early on.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by North Country Spider View Post
                    I'm not sure what would need to be altered with the game plan to stop cj charging into people but we need an overhaul of how we attack space, use our better runners and offload. Look at the work that Pivac did at scarlets, or the change in connaught a few years ago. Something of that magnitude may be needed to re programme cv and our other brave one out chargers to get people running with them for offloads rather than hitting the deck. Part of the problem is that our forwards lack pace and agility for the most part. Also, although van gránn allows us to attack from deep, we don't alter things enough to get good broken field runners like sweetnam and earls and Conway receiving the ball off 9 or 10 on central positions where breaking the defensive line can inflict serious damage. Larkham, yes please.
                    If you think back to Cjs first season he was very good at finding free space and galloping away- bit bulkier now, so may not still be possible, but It’s not alien to him.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

                      There’s also the Celtic cup in September before the PRO14 starts, so great opportunity for them to play consistently together early on.
                      Cant see any link info on that?
                      ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

                      Originally Posted by mr chips
                      AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by i_like_cake View Post

                        really? you wouldn´t be from Cork, would you?
                        Nope - Limerick Through and through.... why?
                        The problem with this world is there are too many snakes... and not enough Ladders!
                        Originally posted by joconnell
                        If you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

                          Cant see any link info on that?
                          Not sure which thread I posted it on but it was from wales on line.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

                            If you think back to Cjs first season he was very good at finding free space and galloping away- bit bulkier now, so may not still be possible, but It’s not alien to him.
                            CJ actually mentioned in an interview there a couple of months back that he's down 6kg. Would make a big difference in the carrying stakes.

                            Comment


                              CJ is still among the fastest flankers. The issue is opponents know the damage he can do if he makes a clean break and they try to make such he doesn't get going.

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by TomsOnTheRoof View Post

                                CJ actually mentioned in an interview there a couple of months back that he's down 6kg. Would make a big difference in the carrying stakes.
                                Certainly would- and not just to him!!- less heft but should be good for his mobility. There was speculation further back in one of the threads that he was actually heavier now than when he started with us, and that was my impression seeing him.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X