No announcement yet.

Coaching Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Serious appointment. If he can bring a Georgian or two over with him, it would be no harm.

Comment

Fantastic news. Delighted with that.

i love his Fruit Pastilles too btw
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Great Appointment, hopefully will add an extra edge to our pack!

Comment

who will hold fort at start of pro14 . Georgia's last pool game is 11 October , and unless they qualify guess he will be with munster soon enough after that.
          Still there's a light I hold before me
          You're the measure of my dreams
          The measure of my dreams.

Comment

It wouldn't surprise me if he was spotted the odd time at Carlton House too, its all a bit musical chairs for Lancaster, Farrell and himself.

Munster statement is also very encouraging about the intention to add other experienced coaches.

Comment

This is seriously good news, fair play to Philip Quinn and all others involved in recruiting such a top-class coach.
              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Good news an impressive recruit given its only a month since the 2 lads gave their notice.
                Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Hope he won't find Limerick too bleak after Georgia

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
                    It wouldn't surprise me if he was spotted the odd time at Carlton House too, its all a bit musical chairs for Lancaster, Farrell and himself.

Munster statement is also very encouraging about the intention to add other experienced coaches.
                    Indeed, and if we can get the attack coach we are targeting, it will have been a great summer's business.

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

Indeed, and if we can get the attack coach we are targeting, it will have been a great summer's business.
                      Is this Howley, Larkham, or someone else?

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie View Post

Is this Howley, Larkham, or someone else?
                        Please do share

Comment

Good signing I reckon. The only drawback is that he's not joining until after the WC. How much of pre-season he misses I don't know but it'll no doubt be used as a stick/excuse depending on your point of view.
                          "They’re the benchmark that everyone else has to raise their game to meet." Alan Quinlan on Leinster

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
                            who will hold fort at start of pro14 . Georgia's last pool game is 11 October , and unless they qualify guess he will be with munster soon enough after that.
                            ecc doesn’t start till November in a rwc year so I d say jvg would cover it. We be playing teams down to the bones anyway.

Comment

Will obviously miss pre-season, the 'Celtic Cup' (so they'd better send out some decent web links to him in Japan), and the first 2 weeks of the Pro14 (at least),
                              I'm basing this on Wales on Line (end of March) ....

"The plan is the PRO14 will kick off on the weekend of September 27-29, which is when Wales have their huge World Cup pool match against Australia in Tokyo.
                              The first three rounds of league matches will coincide with the group stage of the global jamboree out in Japan, with the four existing regions continuing to represent Wales in the five country competition.
                              There will then be a break for the weekend of the World Cup quarter-finals ahead of two rounds of games on the weekends of the semi-finals and final (Oct 25 & Nov 2), with a further round to follow on November 8-9.
                              The focus then switches to Europe, with the opening two rounds of the Champions Cup and Challenge Cup taking place on the weekends of November 16 and 23.
                              It’s back to the PRO14 for a week before rounds three and four of Europe in December and you are then into the Christmas derbies.
                              The group stage of Europe concludes with the final two rounds of pool matches in mid-January, with the league then resuming as we head towards the Six Nations.
                              Official confirmation of the 2019-20 PRO14 fixture schedule is expected in the coming weeks, amid speculation that South Africa could host the final.(XXXNB THIS IS WRONG)
                              The focus in September is set to be the Celtic Cup, which will see Welsh Regional A teams going up against Irish Provincial A teams."

Comment

That is a great signing. Logically, given his sheer depth of experience you would have to think he will be an improvement on Flannery (who was already doing a pretty decent job).

Fingers crossed the attack coach can start pre-season

Comment

Working...
                                X