Coaching Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wellboy View Post
    Plumtree is a head coach at a top NZ franchise, he wouldnt take an assistant coach role at any european club, its too much of a step backwards.

The IRFU are all over this, and its not a munster only responsibility since the appointment of Nucifora. Lancaster was an IRFU appointment btw and had nothing to do with Leo. Personally i think we have done a great job since Axel in this department and im sure well get this right too.
    Nope, it was exactly the opposite actually

Comment

Originally posted by CP09 View Post

Nope, it was exactly the opposite actually
      I can tell you with 100% confidence that that was exactly how it happened despite how the media portrayed it. Nucidora drove it because Leo was struggling but they only pulled the trigger on it when they got his buyin. You dont think Leo self appointed himself as a DOR and hired a head coach all on his own steam?

Comment

Originally posted by wellboy View Post

I can tell you with 100% confidence that that was exactly how it happened despite how the media portrayed it. Nucidora drove it because Leo was struggling but they only pulled the trigger on it when they got his buyin. You dont think Leo self appointed himself as a DOR and hired a head coach all on his own steam?
        Not only do I think, I know. And sorry about that 100% confidence but wherever you heard that, it's spoof.

Comment

Sometimes people only want to see what suits them. Nucifora brought Lancaster to the table with Leos blessing, that’s what i was told from players.
          Must be a bunch of spoofers so...

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
            RTE website interview with Nucifora...(bit of decoding to be done, but he's not exactly traumatised...)

Nucifora also reflected on the decisions of Jerry Flannery and Felix Jones to walk away from coaching positions at Munster. The province said both men "declined their respective contract offers".

"That's a personal decision for Jerry and Felix that they've decided not to stay on," added Nucifora.

"Munster would have liked them to have stayed but that decision has been made now. All we can do is look at what opportunity that presents to bring in the best coaches we can to help take Munster to that next level.

"Things have progressed to a reasonable level. There's a lot of work being done it at the moment, making sure we have the best coaches to support Johann and complement the skill sets he has.

"Coaching teams are like playing teams - you've got to make sure there's synergy. I'd be quietly confident that we're going to get a resolution to it reasonably quickly and it will be a good solution."
            This is reassuring. Feccking Newstalk salivating all over Munsters 'off field troubles' today. Had to turn them off
            Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post

This is reassuring. Feccking Newstalk salivating all over Munsters 'off field troubles' today. Had to turn them off
              Gives the sense that not a lot moves at this level without his involvement. Given the links between Farrell, Lancaster and Rowntree in the past I’d say that deal is done.

Comment

Originally posted by CP09 View Post

Not only do I think, I know. And sorry about that 100% confidence but wherever you heard that, it's spoof.
                I believe the other guy.
                Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

After giving them ROG, surely the Crusaders owe us Dan Carter as skills and kicking coach.

Comment

Forgive me if this has already been talked about in thread but is BJ Botha in line for any sort of role in the future? I live very central in limerick city and seem to be seeing out and about in cafes/restaurants over the last few months....

Comment

Originally posted by Greenkiwi View Post
                      Forgive me if this has already been talked about in thread but is BJ Botha in line for any sort of role in the future? I live very central in limerick city and seem to be seeing out and about in cafes/restaurants over the last few months....
                      I saw him today in Castletroy

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post

I saw him today in Castletroy
                        According to Barry Murphy on his podcast on Joe.ie he's back living in Limerick

Comment

Graham Rowntree confirmed as Munster forwards coach once his world cup commitments with Georgia are completed.

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post
                            Graham Rowntree confirmed as Munster forwards coach once his world cup commitments with Georgia are completed.
                            yep..

https://munsterrugby.ie/2019/06/04/g...munster-rugby/
                            He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Munster Rugby and the IRFU are pleased to confirm Graham Rowntree will join the province as forwards coach on completion of his duties with Georgia Rugby in the Rugby World Cup.

Munster Rugby and the IRFU are pleased to confirm Graham Rowntree will join the province as forwards coach on completion of his duties with Georgia Rugby in the Rugby World Cup.
                              A highly experienced coach with a wealth of experience at Test level and across the Premiership, Rowntree, who is currently forwards coach for Georgia Rugby, has signed with the province until June 2022.
                              Commenting on the appointment, Acting CEO Philip Quinn said, “We are really pleased to have secured Graham in such a timely manner. The Professional Game Board and Johann have been tirelessly working on our coaching appointments for the past month and to secure a coach of Graham’s calibre is a credit to the work going on behind the scenes.
                              “We believe Graham is a fantastic appointment for the province as he brings a wealth of experience from an extensive list of top-level coaching positions, and will add further value to our coaching ticket.
                              “We understand there is more work to be done on the coaching front, and we will continue in our search for experienced coaches to join Johann and the province.”
                              Looking forward to joining the province, Rowntree said, “I’m delighted to be joining such a prestigious club. Although fully committed to Georgia until the end of the World Cup, I’m really looking forward to working with Johann and his team.”
                              Having managed and coached elite players at Premiership and international level, Rowntree was assistant coach on the 2009, 2013 and 2017 British and Irish Lions Tours.
                              He held the roles of assistant coach and forwards coach with England Rugby over a seven-year period, and has previously worked as forwards coach with Premiership sides Harlequins and Leicester Tigers.

Still there's a light I hold before me
                              You're the measure of my dreams
                              The measure of my dreams.

Comment

I am over the f*&$king moon with that.

Comment

Working...
                                X