No announcement yet.

Coaching Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howley has more experience and more titles won through coaching than Larkham has, he also understands what winning rugby in the NH entails.

Larkham was a class act as a player, but it rains a lot here and our rugby is not Aussie rugby
    I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
      Howley has more experience and more titles won through coaching than Larkham has, he also understands what winning rugby in the NH entails.

Larkham was a class act as a player, but it rains a lot here and our rugby is not Aussie rugby
      Last time our backs coach was an Aussie we won the Heineken cup.

The weather is only really brutal here Jan to March rain wise. Loads of time to play rhunning raaaahgy
      Last edited by BigLad; 16th-May-2019, 17:46.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post

Last time our backs coach was an Aussie we won the Heineken cup.

The weather is only really brutal here Jan to March rain wise. Loads of time to play rhunning raaaahgy
        Tony McG was defence coach Declan was backs coach.

Comment

Originally posted by blade View Post

Still awaiting the news that will shake Munster Rugby supporters to their very core.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

Our rugby needs to become more like Aussie rugby. It rains a lot here but the trophies are won when the ground hardens. Connacht, Glasgow and Scarlets winning the pro14 are examples. Munster could easily match them up front but Munster have won nothing for a long time.

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by MOS View Post

Still awaiting the news that will shake Munster Rugby supporters to their very core.
              We all are.
              Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
              Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

We won the league in 2011 with McGahan too.
                Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

We are a top 3-4 team in Europe for the last couple of years. you could have McCall, Leo and Lancaster in our coaching team and we would not win a champions cup - we are still short the players. To get those players in we need the IRFU to back us, that is what needs to happen. Making comments about what did or did not happen without actually knowing the facts is just BS.
                  We have issues with our attack - that would appear to be being addressed, again we need the IRFU to back us to ensure we get the right person and same with forwards coach.
                  What non factual BS comment did I make ... Munster Rugby came out after the fact and said that they made improved contract offers to both which they turned down ... thats a fact .. We've been saddled with coaches with VERY little experience [apart from Erasmus] over the last several years and we regressed because of it .. again .. it's a fact. I believe the squad we have with additions at centre and FB can win the EC .. and in those positions I'd like to see current squad players [JJ and Sweets] get a run in those positions before we bring anyone else in .. so away with ye with your BS comments
                  Calm yourself sir.. you\'re going to give yourself skin failure.

Comment

Originally posted by sledger2003 View Post

What non factual BS comment did I make ... Munster Rugby came out after the fact and said that they made improved contract offers to both which they turned down ... thats a fact .. We've been saddled with coaches with VERY little experience [apart from Erasmus] over the last several years and we regressed because of it .. again .. it's a fact. I believe the squad we have with additions at centre and FB can win the EC .. and in those positions I'd like to see current squad players [JJ and Sweets] get a run in those positions before we bring anyone else in .. so away with ye with your BS comments
                    You stated that the guys turning down the new contracts was not " good management" . I am sure they both have their own reasons, maybe Felix for example was not keen on someone coming in over his head. Agree with your other points in relation to coaches - the position of DOR, filled with an experienced person would have at least allowed our HC to concentrate solely on the playing front.

Comment

Originally posted by MOS View Post

Stander starting at 7, is that not enough?

Comment

Originally posted by blade View Post

https://munsterrugby.ie/2009/11/30/m...ts-to-munster/

according to the Munster site he was our back coach

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick View Post

Our rugby needs to become more like Aussie rugby. It rains a lot here but the trophies are won when the ground hardens. Connacht, Glasgow and Scarlets winning the pro14 are examples. Munster could easily match them up front but Munster have won nothing for a long time.

​​​​​​
                          Interesting point. Apart from 2011, when we were a bit lucky in my opinion. We have not won the league since it has switched to a play-off format. (2009-2010).

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post

https://munsterrugby.ie/2009/11/30/m...ts-to-munster/

according to the Munster site he was our back coach
                            Tony was defense coach.

Comment

The most important thread on this forum for the rest of 2019.

For the love of God please get some special candidates who can bring more than the sum of this squads' parts.
                              I am the million man.

Comment

And a training base in Cork.

Have at it, see you in Sept
                                When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Comment

Working...
                                X