Coaching Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tippete7trees View Post
    My guess (based on no evidence whatsoever and some spite) is that the effective demotion of Felix brought a one out all out loyalty reaction from Flannery.
    Thats what i've been told. FJ was told some time back about bringing in a more senior attack coach and after the initial blow to his confidence/ego came around to the idea.

The rest is a bit long winded. The dearth of coaching in schools rugby, and what its producing for Munster, was/is a point of concern for some power brokers of the game in the Munster so the idea was floated, and gained traction, of a technical director/coach responsible for the schools game. In an attempt to recruit someone of some standing for this role it was felt that some sort of a role with the senior team was going to have to be in the remit, 'Skills' being the obvious choice. With that FJ confronted JVG about what his role was going to be if there is going to a new attack coach and a new skills coach. The waffling response from JVG prompted FJ to head for the door, and given that Fla has no time for spoof he headed for the door in support. (There's also a rumour that Fla and JVG had a falling out a while back too so relations weren't wonderful there. thats 3rd hand info though).

Comment

Originally posted by PEATB0G View Post

Thats what i've been told. FJ was told some time back about bringing in a more senior attack coach and after the initial blow to his confidence/ego came around to the idea.

The rest is a bit long winded. The dearth of coaching in schools rugby, and what its producing for Munster, was/is a point of concern for some power brokers of the game in the Munster so the idea was floated, and gained traction, of a technical director/coach responsible for the schools game. In an attempt to recruit someone of some standing for this role it was felt that some sort of a role with the senior team was going to have to be in the remit, 'Skills' being the obvious choice. With that FJ confronted JVG about what his role was going to be if there is going to a new attack coach and a new skills coach. The waffling response from JVG prompted FJ to head for the door, and given that Fla has no time for spoof he headed for the door in support. (There's also a rumour that Fla and JVG had a falling out a while back too so relations weren't wonderful there. thats 3rd hand info though).
      Very interesting, and sounds credible- to me. I’m also delighted to hear Munster are taking the need to support the youth game even more seriously. In my view, Felix would have been right for the schools role, but he might well have seen that as demotion- with someone coming in to an expanded version of his former role with the team. In the 42 interview posted in the previous post, JVG is either utterly insincere, or genuinely sorry to see them go. The latter is what comes across to me from that interview. More sorry to see Fla leave, I found his pitchside contributions to TV very interesting and thought he came across very well, thoughtful and shrewd. That said, it’s now a big opportunity for Munster and JVG to reshape his coaching team.

Comment

Of course a rumour will sound credible - it has to, otherwise it won't be believed. If it's not something that can be believed then it won't be repeated and will fail to gather traction.

Now what was Murray's injury again or what was the reasons given when POC had a long lay off a few years back.

Comment

If Rob Penney had been given the proper backing when he was around then I genuinely believe we would be a very different animal today. Letting him leave was where the rot began.

.... and by the way ... People don't leave jobs, they leave managers. VanGraan has done something to cause this situation.
          Last edited by sledger2003; 14th-May-2019, 11:52.
          Calm yourself sir.. you\'re going to give yourself skin failure.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy Whac View Post
            Of course a rumour will sound credible - it has to, otherwise it won't be believed. If it's not something that can be believed then it won't be repeated and will fail to gather traction.

Now what was Murray's injury again or what was the reasons given when POC had a long lay off a few years back.
            I can't remember anything from Peatbog that didn't check out with hindsight.
            Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Paulie was on drugs & Murray was selling it to him*

*I joke - nobody sue me please

Comment

Originally posted by sledger2003 View Post
                .... and by the way ... People don't leave jobs, they leave managers. VanGraan has done something to cause this situation.
                That's not at all true - I've left 2 superb managers that I miss working with to this day.
                One because he was happy to stay there for the rest of his career & I wasn't waiting until I was 40 to take his job, the other because I was offered a ridiculous step up in another firm on a multiple of the salary I'd been on previously.

Comment

Originally posted by sledger2003 View Post

Utter speculation. People leave jobs for loads of reasons
                  "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

I heard that Johann van Grann slagged the quality of a pint in Flannery's, and that was the last straw for Fla, purple monkey dishwasher.

Comment

Originally posted by Muckier Boots View Post
                      I heard that Johann van Grann slagged the quality of a pint in Flannery's, and that was the last straw for Fla, purple monkey dishwasher.
                      Doesn't sound credible- I won't be repeating that.

Comment

Franco Smith is replacing Conor O'Shea at Italy. Would Conor be a good coach for us?

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post
                          Franco Smith is replacing Conor O'Shea at Italy. Would Conor be a good coach for us?
                          He could slot in as a DOR, JVG is listed as a head coach. don't think its likely though

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Rog has ruled out a return anyway. It's either La Rochelle head coach or another year in Christchurch it seems
                            I am the million man.

Comment

The first long poc lay off was from the Rwc 2007 to march 2008 where he had a back injury. His second was an pubic bone infection in 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                                Rog has ruled out a return anyway. It's either La Rochelle head coach or another year in Christchurch it seems
                                I thought he's being considered for La Rochelle back coach and not the head coach?

Comment

Working...
                                X