Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glorob View Post

Or wishful thinking?
    Perhaps. But glass half full and all that.

Comment

Strenght and conditioning coach set for departure too ?, pj wilson linked with the same role in bath rugby.
      Still there's a light I hold before me
      You're the measure of my dreams
      The measure of my dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
        Strenght and conditioning coach set for departure too ?, pj wilson linked with the same role in bath rugby.
        Is his contract up or is he exercising a break clause I wonder?

In his case I’d put this down to money. I’m sure Bath are offering some pretty attractive terms.

Comment

I think it's clear from what's already in the public domain that Munster offered them an improved contract, that Van Graan was at least content for them to stay on, that a new more senior coach was coming in and that their decision to walk came as a surprise, if not a shock, to their employers.

Bernard Jackman has said he's surprised it was allowed get this late into the season and that they should have been given a deadline in January to sign up.

ROG has said that there must have been a serious rupture among the coaching staff.

We've been here before after Kidney left and "foreigners" took over the management of the team. And the drumbeat started about "the Munster way" being left behind and that we had to get back to Munster's roots. All that did for Rob Penney and he was driven out. Then we got the All Munster management team, that remained until Rassie.

I hope we're not going back to some sort of nativist tug of war. If we're not going to buy in some bulk in the front five then we have to add some strings to our bow elsewhere.

Jackman said we were lucky to still have a season left after Treviso in Thomond Park.

If we had lost that game, which let's face it we probably should have, the two lads announcement that they were leaving would now have a different spin.
          Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post

Jackman said we were lucky to still have a season left after Treviso in Thomond Park.

If we had lost that game, which let's face it we probably should have, the two lads announcement that they were leaving would now have a different spin.
            Absolutely correct rb
            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Interesting discussion from last month on Munster's coaching shortcomings and lack of clarity here. We'll worth a read in the light of the current coaching crisis.
              https://www.the42.ie/munster-rugby-2-4606287-Apr2019/
              Andy Dunne believes Munster’s current squad is capable of winning a European Cup, but says coaching issues are holding them back.
              Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Felt ROg was putting the boot in to current management??

Comment

Originally posted by oilean View Post
                  Felt ROg was putting the boot in to current management??
                  ROG played with Fla and Felix. Always less likely to criticize former teammates
                  "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Comment

We have a tradition of looking for someone to blame and we’ve tended to focus on the Top Man. That wasn’t confined to the non natives either. I wonder are we back there again but with an unusual method this time. Something will emerge very soon to clear up this mess. In the meantime the season is as good as over for this Munster set up.

Comment

Whatever went on hopefully we recruit well and are ready for pre season.

It would be good to see Munster back where we belong, in the Heineken Champions Cup Final in Marseille.
                      Last edited by glorob; 11th-May-2019, 17:55.

Comment

Originally posted by oldabt View Post
                        In the meantime the season is as good as over for this Munster set up.
                        Maybe. Let’s wait and see next weekend

Comment

Originally posted by oldabt View Post
                          We have a tradition of looking for someone to blame and we’ve tended to focus on the Top Man. That wasn’t confined to the non natives either. I wonder are we back there again but with an unusual method this time. Something will emerge very soon to clear up this mess. In the meantime the season is as good as over for this Munster set up.
                          This just confirms after all the ****e you've spoken in the last week that you're just a troll. We have a semi final to play for and hopefully a final after that. Don't bother replying to this because I won't respond to your ****.

Comment

Does any other club get a half or a quarter of the antipathy towards external coaches that goes on here. If we had anyone local good enough, they'd be here. JVG is entitled to choose his team and the best of luck to him. Let's not have an Axel v Penney carousel again.
                            Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

This might sound mad, but how about we just let JVG do his thing and trust that he knows best. Nobody knows why Jones and Fla left, including the likes of ROG or Quinlan.

As Fla put it when responding to criticism from Quinlan last year...

...I don't think that just having played for Munster gives you any sort of insight.
                              It's that, I suppose, people will watch it and say, 'Well Alan Quinlan must know what's going on at Munster because he played for them' but Alan Quinlan has absolutely no idea what's going on at Munster. Nothing. He hasn't got an iota of what we do in here.

The media are doing just about everything to heap on the relentless negativity and it’s tiresome to say the least, it would be great if the supporters didn’t do the same thing.
                              The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Leo out

Comment

Working...
                                X