Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Coaching Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Sketchy View Post

    Disagree completely. Killer has been one of our best players this season, and has rightfully surpassed Jack McGrath as backup to Cian Healy, who is playing immense rugby. So i'd love to know whom you plan to replace him with. Ryan is also pushing very close to taking the place of Porter in the Irish squad.

    Munster have had ample possession this season, but have been incapable of converting that possession against the top teams. Our gameplan has never shifted beyond one out runners and boxkicks. That is a coaching and gameplan issue. The players are absolutely broken from trying to run into brick walls all season. People wonder why CJ is tired. he is tired because he is being asked to do the impossible. We must be the only team in World Rugby that actively seeks contact as opposed to space on every single play. Rugby is a simple game, and our players look confused. Is that because they are inferior players across the board? One look at Benetton tells you that is not the case
    Spot on, when one of you're best backs and starting 13 says there are issues in attack, there's issues in attack. Blaming the front-5's lack of physicality, for the attack, is ridiculous.There have been a number of games over the last 12 months, where Munster's forwards were well on top, but the opposition's back-play was in a different planet to ours(see Cardiff, Glasgow at home)

    Comment


      Originally posted by BigLad View Post

      Yeah let’s get Neil back and Duncan McRae in
      Hadn’t heard they were available but if they were and had the right experience I’d go for them before I’d have a few lads who have little experience outside of the Munster bubble and have never coached at any other club. The Munster ‘style’ has been found wanting and it’s time to get serious before it’s too late.

      Comment


        Originally posted by oldabt View Post

        Hadn’t heard they were available but if they were and had the right experience I’d go for them before I’d have a few lads who have little experience outside of the Munster bubble and have never coached at any other club. The Munster ‘style’ has been found wanting and it’s time to get serious before it’s too late.
        The trick- and probably the thing that will make us happy- is to blend the Munster style- which things that give us a competitive edge. We don’t need to throw out baby and bath water- we want to remain Munster, but ‘modernise’.

        Comment


          Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

          The trick- and probably the thing that will make us happy- is to blend the Munster style- which things that give us a competitive edge. We don’t need to throw out baby and bath water- we want to remain Munster, but ‘modernise’.
          We all want the best for Munster but I’d question why the Fla/Felix thing was made public before the end of the season especially with a big game coming. Maybe they felt entitled after their ‘service’ to drop everyone in it and make the end of season all about them.

          Comment


            Originally posted by oldabt View Post

            We all want the best for Munster but I’d question why the Fla/Felix thing was made public before the end of the season especially with a big game coming. Maybe they felt entitled after their ‘service’ to drop everyone in it and make the end of season all about them.
            Would be interesting to know, but I doubt we ever will- strange timing indeed. Munster announced it- whether the were pressured into it by an immanent media leak, who knows. I read somewhere that the squad were resting up for a few days - maybe that was part of the reason for the timing. I keep checking the BBC site to see if the LI rumours are true- that might also have precipitated it.

            I’d find it hard to believe that ‘they felt entitled after their ‘service’ to drop everyone in it and make the end of season all about them’ because we lost a semi, may lose another and they ‘decide’ not to accept an ‘improved’ contact offer. If they were trying to make the season all about them, then the label is they failed, yet again, despite squad strengthening, to get us any closer to a trophy- doesn’t strike me as a sensible approach- but hey- who knows.

            Comment


              Word on the street down heer is joe smith had Felix and Fla fierd because hes scared Munster are two much of a thret to his Bloo magoos. Their pushed out after Munster destroyed the ladyboys at Christmass time, coinsedince? I dont think so. Its high time Declan was brung back smith should go back too australia.

              Comment


                Originally posted by oldabt View Post

                We all want the best for Munster but I’d question why the Fla/Felix thing was made public before the end of the season especially with a big game coming. Maybe they felt entitled after their ‘service’ to drop everyone in it and make the end of season all about them.
                Neither Felix or Fla ever felt ‘entitled’, they’ve only ever done their best for Munster.
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                Comment


                  Originally posted by MunsterMick_oh? View Post
                  Word on the street down heer is joe smith had Felix and Fla fierd because hes scared Munster are two much of a thret to his Bloo magoos. Their pushed out after Munster destroyed the ladyboys at Christmass time, coinsedince? I dont think so. Its high time Declan was brung back smith should go back too australia.
                  Bravo, a brave attempt.
                  "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

                  Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

                  Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by MunsterMick_oh? View Post
                    Word on the street down heer is joe smith had Felix and Fla fierd because hes scared Munster are two much of a thret to his Bloo magoos. Their pushed out after Munster destroyed the ladyboys at Christmass time, coinsedince? I dont think so. Its high time Declan was brung back smith should go back too australia.
                    Marvellous. You are an inspiration.
                    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

                    Comment


                      He's an impostor! There are no streets down here
                      I am the million man.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Sketchy View Post

                        Disagree completely. Killer has been one of our best players this season, and has rightfully surpassed Jack McGrath as backup to Cian Healy, who is playing immense rugby. So i'd love to know whom you plan to replace him with. Ryan is also pushing very close to taking the place of Porter in the Irish squad.

                        Munster have had ample possession this season, but have been incapable of converting that possession against the top teams. Our gameplan has never shifted beyond one out runners and boxkicks. That is a coaching and gameplan issue. The players are absolutely broken from trying to run into brick walls all season. People wonder why CJ is tired. he is tired because he is being asked to do the impossible. We must be the only team in World Rugby that actively seeks contact as opposed to space on every single play. Rugby is a simple game, and our players look confused. Is that because they are inferior players across the board? One look at Benetton tells you that is not the case
                        Killer has had an unbelievable season and has deservedly earned his backup spot for Ireland. Unfortunately he is nowhere near the quality of Healy or Mako Vunipola, same with John Ryan and Archie compared with Furlong or even Saracens backup Coch. Klein cant hold a candle to Kruis, Itoje or Leinsters combo (he may still). That is the standard needed to win a Champions cup. Im not saying we should replace them im saying we wont win it with these guys in the team but we should still enjoy how far we have gotten by maximising players potential and drilling players well.

                        We just dont have the level of ball carrier or physicality the very best teams have, so while it may look like running into brick walls in reality its us losing collisions and working off ****e ball in the backs. We have shown we have the attacking prowess when we get go forward ball e.g. Gloucester. Im not saying new coaches in attack and the pack wont breath new life into this team im just saying we need to be realistic with the raw materials we have.

                        Regardless im proud of the lads and would prefer our home grown lads starting in the tight 5 and coming up short to winning outright with hired help.

                        Comment


                          Originally posted by wellboy View Post

                          Killer has had an unbelievable season and has deservedly earned his backup spot for Ireland. Unfortunately he is nowhere near the quality of Healy or Mako Vunipola, same with John Ryan and Archie compared with Furlong or even Saracens backup Coch. Klein cant hold a candle to Kruis, Itoje or Leinsters combo (he may still). That is the standard needed to win a Champions cup. Im not saying we should replace them im saying we wont win it with these guys in the team but we should still enjoy how far we have gotten by maximising players potential and drilling players well.

                          We just dont have the level of ball carrier or physicality the very best teams have, so while it may look like running into brick walls in reality its us losing collisions and working off ****e ball in the backs. We have shown we have the attacking prowess when we get go forward ball e.g. Gloucester. Im not saying new coaches in attack and the pack wont breath new life into this team im just saying we need to be realistic with the raw materials we have.

                          Regardless im proud of the lads and would prefer our home grown lads starting in the tight 5 and coming up short to winning outright with hired help.

                          All the more reason to concentrate on a more rounded game.


                          ​​​​​​Munster are incredibly easy to defend against if you can match the Munster pack. However, Munster have been beaten badly by teams who didn't have as good a pack but had a much better attack. Scarlets in the pro14 final being an example. The Welsh have a fairly average tight 5 too but look at their success.
                          ​​​​​
                          ​​​​​

                          Comment


                            you don't need to demolish a team in the tight five, hold your own and deliver good quality clean ball to the 9 or even the 8 launching off the base. our pack holds its own on most occasions its after that we are falling down, running constantly into contact and no proper cohesive attacking threat at centre or out wide, we have the players so its frustrating to see us struggle
                            Still there's a light I hold before me
                            You're the measure of my dreams
                            The measure of my dreams.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by wellboy View Post

                              Killer has had an unbelievable season and has deservedly earned his backup spot for Ireland. Unfortunately he is nowhere near the quality of Healy or Mako Vunipola, same with John Ryan and Archie compared with Furlong or even Saracens backup Coch. Klein cant hold a candle to Kruis, Itoje or Leinsters combo (he may still). That is the standard needed to win a Champions cup. Im not saying we should replace them im saying we wont win it with these guys in the team but we should still enjoy how far we have gotten by maximising players potential and drilling players well.

                              We just dont have the level of ball carrier or physicality the very best teams have, so while it may look like running into brick walls in reality its us losing collisions and working off ****e ball in the backs. We have shown we have the attacking prowess when we get go forward ball e.g. Gloucester. Im not saying new coaches in attack and the pack wont breath new life into this team im just saying we need to be realistic with the raw materials we have.

                              Regardless im proud of the lads and would prefer our home grown lads starting in the tight 5 and coming up short to winning outright with hired help.
                              Dropkick and the Ghost have summed it up perfectly for me. I would put the question to you: what are Munster’s strengths? Do we have a pack of marauding b*stards like we did in the noughties? Probably not, no. What do we have though, we have a very mobile, fit, and dare I say it, skilful pack, with plenty of dog in it. We also have top quality wingers and finishers in Earls, Conway and Sweetnam. We also have decent footballers in Scannell and Farrell. We also have Joey Carberry. This to me screams that we should be playing our best rugby near the tramlines, as we have a back row that is mobile enough to get there in support. Instead though, we smash forwards into brick walls within 5 metres of a set piece or ruck, and when that doesn’t work, we put up a contestable for our wingers to chase.

                              The game has moved on since when that Munster team of old made hay, and so has our team. But yet we are subjecting this current crop (of very talented) players to a game plan that only the team of old could perfect. And even still, the game has changed so much that I don’t think that pack (and ROG) could make it work.

                              This is team needs a game plan that plays to our strengths. One that gets Joey releasing our outside backs into space, after the forwards ensure we have (cliche time) ‘earned the right to go wide’.

                              Comment


                                We just dont have the combination of ballast, ball carriers or handling with our players in the pack lads, regardless of tactics and coaching. How many carriers have we? Killer, Beirne, CJ and maybe O'Donoghue if he starts. Klein, Ryan, Scannell and Pete just dont carry well enough or challenge tacklers with ball in hand. Leinster and Saracens packs are brimming with top class ball carriers with great footwork and handling skills. Look at Leinster, their whole tight five can carry really well.

                                Im not knocking your theories i just think its fanciful to think that different tactics are all of a sudden going to make good players great and have us beating teams with 6-7 lions in them.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X