No announcement yet.

Coaching Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wonder if ROG is bringing them to La Rochelle?
    Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
      I don’t know exactly why but we have had rotten luck with coaches since Kidney. Maybe the right people at the wrong time or perhaps asking the impossible of them.

I really don’t know whether we have the wherewithal to progress or will be just go backwards now. I thought we had gone beyond the dark days but perhaps they are ahead before we see improvement. Or maybe this is just a game which many of us take too seriously.

There is a certain sense when we look at IRFU in recent years is that they realise that coaching is far more important and cost effective than a few marquee players. Something that has been said here in recent years.
      It's a positive for Irish rugby that we've youthful coaches working in different environments, NZ, France, England, Wales, Italy, in the last couple of seasons. Rassie ought to be interested in FlaFel after all they did on his watch.
      I'd be sending a few interns off to Buenos Aires too for back-three play as much as front-row.
      Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Alot of people here are dancing on Felix's reputation. No less of an authority than Naomh Joe sings his coaching praises to high doh constantly.
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
          I wonder if ROG is bringing them to La Rochelle?
          He could do worse. Same goes for Mr Erasmus
          Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post
            Alot of people here are dancing on Felix's reputation. No less of an authority than Naomh Joe sings his coaching praises to high doh constantly.
            Watching the Leinster and Saracens backs fizzing the ball around the backs was pretty exciting in the semi-finals. I'd like Munster to generate a bit more excitement and menace every time that hard-won ball goes beyond 10. Unfortunately with Carbery out, they're not doing that.

Glasgow, Connacht and Treviso are more dangerous looking than us at present. A change of coaching should do us some good.
            "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
            Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post

Watching the Leinster and Saracens backs fizzing the ball around the backs was pretty exciting in the semi-finals. I'd like Munster to generate a bit more excitement and menace every time that hard-won ball goes beyond 10. Unfortunately with Carbery out, they're not doing that.

Glasgow, Connacht and Treviso are more dangerous looking than us at present. A change of coaching should do us some good.
              Id have to take issue with some of that Blackwarrior - Saracens fizzed around sweet f-all in their backline in the semi, they beat us to death up front and kicked the leather off the ball. Its not our coaching letting our backline down, its a lack of a platform up front.

I think the biggest problem we have is our tight 5 and not coaching backs or forwards. To win a HEC we need to replace Killer, Archer/Ryan and possibly Kleyn if we are being ruthless. Because no matter how you look at it, the very best teams have top class internationals in those positions.

It is a ringing endorsement of Jerry and the rest of the coaches that they got us where we are with the personnel we have in the pack to be honest, some credit to all of them because man to man we just cant live with Leinster and Saracens in those positions.

Comment

Originally posted by wellboy View Post

Id have to take issue with some of that Blackwarrior - Saracens fizzed around sweet f-all in their backline in the semi, they beat us to death up front and kicked the leather off the ball. Its not our coaching letting our backline down, its a lack of a platform up front.

I think the biggest problem we have is our tight 5 and not coaching backs or forwards. To win a HEC we need to replace Killer, Archer/Ryan and possibly Kleyn if we are being ruthless. Because no matter how you look at it, the very best teams have top class internationals in those positions.

It is a ringing endorsement of Jerry and the rest of the coaches that they got us where we are with the personnel we have in the pack to be honest, some credit to all of them because man to man we just cant live with Leinster and Saracens in those positions.
                Disagree completely. Killer has been one of our best players this season, and has rightfully surpassed Jack McGrath as backup to Cian Healy, who is playing immense rugby. So i'd love to know whom you plan to replace him with. Ryan is also pushing very close to taking the place of Porter in the Irish squad.

Munster have had ample possession this season, but have been incapable of converting that possession against the top teams. Our gameplan has never shifted beyond one out runners and boxkicks. That is a coaching and gameplan issue. The players are absolutely broken from trying to run into brick walls all season. People wonder why CJ is tired. he is tired because he is being asked to do the impossible. We must be the only team in World Rugby that actively seeks contact as opposed to space on every single play. Rugby is a simple game, and our players look confused. Is that because they are inferior players across the board? One look at Benetton tells you that is not the case

Comment

Originally posted by wellboy View Post

Partly agree with you- we weren’t only beaten up front by Saracens- the little ball we had (and we were always going to be living off scraps) we seemed to have no plan to use, when they moved the ball we covered manfully, but they were in the ascendency there too.

where I agree is with regard to the tight five. We have international level players there (except Kleyn-
                  but that’s a matter of time)- but they are not first choice for Ireland- let alone the level to walk into another top international team- another way to look at it would be nailed on for Lions selection. We respect, like and support these players- they are very very good- but not excellent. With that level across the team, and outstanding tactical plans (nb plural!) we might manage an occasional HCUP if everything ran for us. To be starting favourites any year, or (hard as it is to say) do a Leinster or Sarries (repeat wins in short period)- we are a long way short.

i also agree with you regarding the debt of gratitude to Fla and Felix- were still in there punching despite cataclysmic changes/events. If we actually want to actually deliver (in) a knockout- we need to punch harder and box more cleverly. The recruitment over the next few months will say much about whether we want to win, or be happy that we ‘coulda been a contender’. Poulkaville is a long way behind where we are.
                  Last edited by jagawayagain; 8th-May-2019, 16:52.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Partly agree with you- we weren’t only beaten up front by Saracens- the little ball we had (and we were always going to be living off scraps) we seemed to have no plan to use, when they moved the ball we covered manfully, but they were in the ascendency there too.

where I agree is with regard to the tight five. We have international level players there (except Kleyn-
                    but that’s a matter of time)- but they are not first choice for Ireland- let alone the level to walk into another top international team- another way to look at it would be nailed on for Lions selection. We respect, like and support these players- they are very very good- but not excellent. With that level across the team, and outstanding tactical plans (no plural!) we might manage an occasional HCUP if everything ran for us. To be starting favourites any year, or (hard as it is to say) do a Leinster or Sarries (repeat wins in short period)- we are a long way short.

i also agree with you regarding the debt of gratitude to Fla and Felix- were still in there punching despite cataclysmic changes/events. If we actually want to actually deliver (in) a knockout- we need to punch harder and box more cleverly. The recruitment over the next few months will say much about whether we want to win, or be happy that we ‘coulda been a contender’. Poulkaville is a long way behind where we are.
                    Is Poulkaville like when you share properties?
                    Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snrub View Post
                      POC was not Forwards Coach at Stade. He had a limited remit assisting with the scrum and lineout.
                      That was my understanding. He was asked on the off the ball Heineken pod cast earlier in the season and he said he was working solely on their scrum and line out.

Comment

I don't see Paulie in coaching full stop.

Comment

Forget the locals in the coaching Dept. It doesn’t deliver. Relies too much on emotion.

Comment

Originally posted by oldabt View Post
                            Forget the locals in the coaching Dept. It doesn’t deliver. Relies too much on emotion.
                            Yeah let’s get Neil back and Duncan McRae in

Comment

Originally posted by ustix View Post

Is Poulkaville like when you share properties?
                              No that’s pouladuff.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

No that’s pouladuff.
                                Apologies, I should have suppressed that comment. I was, of course, referring to one of Brando’s greatest films- alongside the delectable Eve Marie Saint- who? Forget it, go watch game of thrones.

Comment

Working...
                                X