Coaching Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
    Alas, it's hard not to look into the summer and think we are back to square one again. Earlsy has yet another coaching ticket to look forward to preseason with.
    Well the RWC will spare him and a few others that experience- but those of us who have pushed for more from coaches and players must realise the consequences of wanting that- things have to change, and in this case that means people. We have renewed the contracts we needed to, not renewed quite a few, awarded contracts to a few young promising players, extended the person brought in to head up the coaching, and after a full year to see things, JVG (wittingly or otherwise)has presided over another substantial change.

It’s a pity to lose two loyal and likeable guys, but it’s a far greater pity that we are not playing any better rugby than we did a year ago. A similar ruthlessness at the RDS next week, and who knows?

Comment

Originally posted by El Pedro View Post
      Just say Howley comes in, POC comes in, or whoever, where would that put Jones and Fla in terms of say in terms of tactics etc, they were clearly taking a step down the ladder and are ambitious in their careers and said thanks but no thanks, wouldn’t read too much into it in terms of harmony etc. it’s normal for coaches to have differences of opinion on game plans etc Van Grann has every right to choose his coaching staff and wants/needs more experience around him
      I say if and it’s a big if. Poc came here he would be as he is in France as scrum and line out.

Felix could have reverted to technical skills. And howley attack.

As as I said earlier jvg was quoted he was bringing in coaches. I don’t think we have a budget to bring in more than one so he had an idea of what was going to happen. Guess we will have to find out in a future fla biography what really happened

Comment

This could have a pretty deflating effect for the leinster game

Comment

I don’t know exactly why but we have had rotten luck with coaches since Kidney. Maybe the right people at the wrong time or perhaps asking the impossible of them.

I really don’t know whether we have the wherewithal to progress or will be just go backwards now. I thought we had gone beyond the dark days but perhaps they are ahead before we see improvement. Or maybe this is just a game which many of us take too seriously.

There is a certain sense when we look at IRFU in recent years is that they realise that coaching is far more important and cost effective than a few marquee players. Something that has been said here in recent years.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
            Alas, it's hard not to look into the summer and think we are back to square one again. Earlsy has yet another coaching ticket to look forward to preseason with.

​​​​​Hope to Christ we finally see a bit of stability soon, we seem to have had more coaches than JJ Kavanagh
            Ah here, we're changing some members of the back room staff, not the head coach and direction of the team. Leinster changed their backs coach last season and will have a new forwards coach after the world cup. It's a pity about Flannery, but Earls would have had a new attack coach next season anyways. After the world cup that is, as he'll be in Camp Joe for pre season.

Comment

Wúd have to think that they (the 2 coaches) have other possibilities lined up but I wonder what the relationships were like internally I never saw reason to rate Felix but notice that they didn't thank van gránn in their media comments today, except a big love of munster. And maybe a real regret about having to go

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post

I say if and it’s a big if. Poc came here he would be as he is in France as scrum and line out.

Felix could have reverted to technical skills. And howley attack.

As as I said earlier jvg was quoted he was bringing in coaches. I don’t think we have a budget to bring in more than one so he had an idea of what was going to happen. Guess we will have to find out in a future fla biography what really happened
                POC is the Forwards Coach for Stade.

Comment

Shocked re Flaa but not Felix.

No point speculating on the reasons - impossible to guess.

Onwards and upwards

Comment

Originally posted by North Country Spider View Post
                    This could have a pretty deflating effect for the leinster game
                    On whom? The fans? Most have been complaining about Felix this year- the players? They are going to have to build their recent highlights video for the incoming/prospective coaches to view. The coaching staff? They are professionals- helps their careers to enable Munster to get to and win a final (and besides one of them was supposedly not doing much/enough/the right things). Yes it’s a shock- but there’s a heck of a lot to play for all round.

Comment

Originally posted by jeepers View Post

POC is the Forwards Coach for Stade.
                      Was, the forwards coach for Stade
                      I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post
                        There is a certain sense when we look at IRFU in recent years is that they realise that coaching is far more important and cost effective than a few marquee players. Something that has been said here in recent years.
                        I think they are correct. Look at the improvements in Ulster and Connacht this year.

Pure speculation, but maybe it is a win win for all. JVG wanted new coaches/coaching team anyway and Jerry realised that experience abroad would be good for his career and decided to take the opportunity with Felix.
                        Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

If Fla and Felix are going to London Irish I could understand it as that club is really out shopping at the moment (I mean they've just announced Waisake Naholo!).

If the lads are just leaving, I'd be more worried. Fla a bigger loss imo.
                          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by FORWARD.... View Post

I think they are correct. Look at the improvements in Ulster and Connacht this year.

Pure speculation, but maybe it is a win win for all. JVG wanted new coaches/coaching team anyway and Jerry realised that experience abroad would be good for his career and decided to take the opportunity with Felix.
                            I could give you 20 possible reasons for the departure. We'll have to wait until it leaks out.

O Connor on the Indo says that the 2 lads went to NZ last Summer to learn more. Munster surely funded this. Judging by Philip Quinn's statement, Munster feel let down by the decision.

​​​​​​JVG and Nucifora have a lot of contacts and recent appointments by the other provinces look good so every reason to hope that we will attract the right people. We've got a strong squad and have done well so most coaches will see it as a decent opportunity IMO.

Comment

Onwards and upwards, we need a bit more in the coaching department.

Any word from ROG?

Comment

Munster need to step away from the the notion of ROG, POC.

Comment

Working...
                                X