Coaching Team

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post
    That's mad news. Can't understand why we would offer them contracts they are likely to turn down though. Are things that hard up in terms of finances? If we wanted to keep them then surely the logic is to no let them go. Very strange

Comment

It’s not always about money, though. Maybe a new structure was being proposed?
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Sketchy View Post
        Is anyone convinced our current coaching ticket has what it takes to bring (what is a very talented team/squad) to the next level?

For me personally, I think we are scraping our way through this season, based on individual performances from the likes of Beirne, POM, etc. Our gameplan seems outdated and telegraphed at best, and I feel if/when we get to the semis of both competitions, we will come unstuck against the real contenders. Is it the players or the coaches? For me it's the latter. In reality, we are trying to keep up with the ridiculous squad Leinster has, with inferior coaches. Felix might make a great coach in years to come, but it's madness to think he can contend with the likes of Lancaster. Not to pick on Felix, but the comparison to Lancaster is unfortunately where we are at. Also, JvG, lovely guy no doubt, but i'm never convinced when I hear him talking about rugby.
        By the way Sketchy, here is the post you opened this thread with. Maybe the guys are listening to criticism like this internally, or some of the comments from Chris Farrell recently?

You can be sure the players and coaches are their own harshest critics
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

VanGraan too nice now Sketchy?

Get up the yard
          I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

By the way Sketchy, here is the post you opened this thread with. Maybe the guys are listening to criticism like this internally, or some of the comments from Chris Farrell recently?

You can be sure the players and coaches are their own harshest critics
            Yeah you could be right. Just find it odd, if JvG wanted to keep them, then surely he would do whatever it takes to reassure them. I really hope we can pick up coaches that can start work at the end of the season and not in November

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
              VanGraan too nice now Sketchy?

Get up the yard

You saying he stitched them Cowboy?

Comment

Felix may have felt a great deal of pressure but Fla is a shock as he is doing a great job. I would certainly wish both of them the best as they have made enormous contributions to Munster. High quality replacements are a priority now - and in the summer and not November. Fresh voices may be just what the squad need but hopefully there is no bitterness in their departures

Comment

That's mad news. Can't understand why we would offer them contracts they are likely to turn down though. Are things that hard up in terms of finances? If we wanted to keep them then surely the logic is to no let them go. Very strange
                  "Felix isn't good enough"

*Felix leaves*

"Whoa, what are they doing?"

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie View Post

"Felix isn't good enough"

*Felix leaves*

"Whoa, what are they doing?"
                    I just don't understand the logic. I am "happy" that we will be getting a new attack coach, just don't understand why we would offer them deals they would turn down if we really wanted to keep them. Unless it's all spin to save face(s).

Comment

If there's one thing that should be remembered from basically every single other departure is that we are all very unlikely to ever find out the real reason why.

Munster Rugby is a business. Whether it was a new coaching structure or a business performance review offer, Fla and Felix made business decisions to turn it down. They have family and long term career interests to look after number 1 and I wish them both the very best in their future.

Comment

Timing of annoucement is very strange ,11 or so days away from what is now our biggest game of the season .
                        Maybe the offers they got to remain were less senior than what they currently hold .
                        Still there's a light I hold before me
                        You're the measure of my dreams
                        The measure of my dreams.

Comment

A new attack coach (and comments by Farrell re getting more out of the backs) clearly is a mark against Feiix. Also I noticed very much v Benneton how they went into contact and were continually wriggling under the legs of defenders while we were relying on more upright stances and getting knocked back slowly. Is that down to Fla's coaching?. Most likely reason they are leaving is they see themselves effectively being demoted.
                          It looks like Don JVG made them an offer they couldn't accept.

Comment

Sounds like a spin story to me. As they are great servants and legends are Munster nobody wants to see these lads sacked , dumped or contract not renewed.

Also Jvg said a few months ago Munster are looking at new coaches. Not just a coach. That would tell me that jvg knew that they were on the way out

Comment

You saying he stitched them Cowboy?
                              The only thing I am saying is what people see, and whats really happening inside the UL base is rarely in harmony.

Just because Johann VanGraan has a fairly polished post match waffle worked out doesn't make him a good or bad coach nor, would I suggest, a nice or nasty guy. It means he is good in front of the camera and able to bull**** the interviewers enough to get home to his family

Munster need to be utterly ruthless if they want to achieve any more titles, todays events appear to my eye to suggest a bit of hard decision making has been happening inside the UL base
                              I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by North Country Spider View Post
                                Van gránn is a bit of a spoofer. People incorrectly gave him latitude because he arrived in the middle of last season but he had little impact on our play and beyond managing the rotation of players we'll (bar kleyne who now looks rinsed), I see little change and little to get excited about. Felix is getting away with blue murder because he has some capable backs and in general the coaching ticket is absolutely nothing to write home about.
                                Bumperoo

I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                                X