Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scarlets V Munster Saturday 2nd March 17.00 eir sport 1, Premier Sports, S4C, TG4

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scarlets pretty strong too
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyemerald View Post
      Fairly strong team with the internationals away. I was expecting John Ryan as Ciaran Parker picked up an injury, Good opportunity for Bill Johnston and ROM. I imagine Tadhg would like to have played (he mentioned it in his MOM interview last week) and while JK being back may be the main reason, hopefully this is a good sign for Tadhg playing in the France game
      With Dillane and Roux starting for Connacht its pretty clear that Beirne will probably bench, possibly start v France. I'm sure Beirne isnt too disappointed ot miss out v Scarlets.

Comment

Originally posted by Yatenga View Post

With Dillane and Roux starting for Connacht its pretty clear that Beirne will probably bench, possibly start v France. I'm sure Beirne isnt too disappointed ot miss out v Scarlets.
        I’m sure they aren’t overly sad about him missing either.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post

CJ Stander and Tadhg Beirne with the Irish squad in Belfast this morning according to Sinéad Kissane.
          Pleased for them both, pity for us.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
            Update: wrong team posted initially:

Munster: Mike Haley; Ronan O’Mahony, Dan Goggin, Rory Scannell, Darren Sweetnam; Bill Johnston, Alby Mathewson; Jeremy Loughman, Rhys Marshall, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland (C); Fineen Wycherley, Conor Oliver, Arno Botha.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Liam O’Connor, Stephen Archer, Darren O’Shea, Jack O’Donoghue, Neil Cronin, Tyler Bleyendaal, Jaco Taute
            Love this team, glad to see Billjo, ROM, goggin, alby and oliver playing. Very strong scarlets side too though
            Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

This is a really difficult challenge. If we pull an away win out of this one, then I'd be very optimistic we'll top the conference. If we lose, it could be difficult to overtake Glasgow again.

No pressure then.
              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Update: wrong team posted initially:

Munster: Mike Haley; Ronan O’Mahony, Dan Goggin, Rory Scannell, Darren Sweetnam; Bill Johnston, Alby Mathewson; Jeremy Loughman, Rhys Marshall, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland (C); Fineen Wycherley, Conor Oliver, Arno Botha.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Liam O’Connor, Stephen Archer, Darren O’Shea, Jack O’Donoghue, Neil Cronin, Tyler Bleyendaal, Jaco Taute
                I like to look of that side, and delighted JOD didn't have any bad reaction to his gallop towards the end of last week's game. Very good balance of experience on and off bench. JJ's turn to fall off the Number 10 merry-go-round this week. This is our toughest game on the run in, I think, being away and against a side with prospects (ok fits Bennetton too), any win will do us just fine. Win a win, even if Glasgow get five points away to Zebre, we will remain ahead on games won and are way ahead on points difference.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

I like to look of that side, and delighted JOD didn't have any bad reaction to his gallop towards the end of last week's game. Very good balance of experience on and off bench. JJ's turn to fall off the Number 10 merry-go-round this week. This is our toughest game on the run in, I think, being away and against a side with prospects (ok fits Bennetton too), any win will do us just fine. Win a win, even if Glasgow get five points away to Zebre, we will remain ahead on games won and are way ahead on points difference.
                  Arent we 2 points ahead of Glasgow? Any kind of win we stay ahead regardless of point diff or head to heads

Comment

Arent we 2 points ahead of Glasgow? Any kind of win we stay ahead regardless of point diff or head to heads
                    No only 1 point ahead
                    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

No only 1 point ahead
                      Got to stop looking at tables on the Irish Times.....

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

This is our toughest game on the run in, I think, being away and against a side with prospects (ok fits Bennetton too), any win will do us just fine.
                        That's it. Benetton away will be tricky, but this feels like the biggest remaining challenge, especially with the team Scarlets have selected. A match where hopefully some of our younger players start/continue their own paths to greater things.

Comment

A Munster win would go a long way but I cannot help feeling this might be too great a challenge... Gwaaaann all the same!!
                          Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

No, we got four last week, they got five.

Comment

I can’t believe Scannell is getting his 100th cap on Saturday, where has the time gone.
                              The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stringer9 View Post
                                I can’t believe Scannell is getting his 100th cap on Saturday, where has the time gone.
                                The youngest player ever to do so? Let's hope he can celebrate that achievement with a win.
                                Has Fineen put Johnny down yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X