No announcement yet.

P14 R16) Ospreys away - Fri 22nd 19.35 TG4/Eir/Premier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lads at the end of the day it is a league game, starting Cronin and the likes is the right thing to do. We need to be developing players for the next couple of seasons, it really is a nothing match for us in the greater scheme of things. We'll make the playoffs, it's all about Edinburgh

Comment

Originally posted by Username View Post
      Lads at the end of the day it is a league game, starting Cronin and the likes is the right thing to do. We need to be developing players for the next couple of seasons, it really is a nothing match for us in the greater scheme of things. We'll make the playoffs, it's all about Edinburgh
      Disagree. We've put ourselves into a position to win our conference which will give us a crucial home semi, instead of reaching an away semi - again - in the RDS. We can compete on both fronts, and we should be aiming to win any competition we can. In no way is this a nothing match.
      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Username View Post
        Edinburgh AND getting home semi in the Pro14!

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post

Disagree. We've put ourselves into a position to win our conference which will give us a crucial home semi, instead of reaching an away semi - again - in the RDS. We can compete on both fronts, and we should be aiming to win any competition we can. In no way is this a nothing match.
          Fully agree but we have to rotate players to be able to compete in April/May. We ran the same small pool of players into the ground the last few years.

There is risk attached in doing that but it must be done. Resting POM against Leinster worried the hell out of me but JvG knew it was necessary
          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Beirne starts instead of John K who is ill

Comment

Oh Jean Kleyn, I was scratching my head for a minute! Nice cover to have but surprising that he isn't in the Ireland squad for Italy but our good fortune I guess. Hopefully Jean is just minor

Comment

Pity for a Kleyn but not a bad replacement either. Bring it on!
                The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

I’m not saying any of this is ideal, just inevitable- in the circumstances. What else could we have done? Pick one as benching 10, and stick with them? Which of BJ, JJ, IK, TB should it have been and why? (We’ll avoid the same situation next year until after the WC, when it will be two from three until Christmas or so; extending TB probably puts him in pole position).
                  Personally I’d have gone with Alby and Tyler from the start.

Tyler was decent last week and went really well when he had Alby’s quick, accurate service. Plus we know from experience that he is a very good player when entrusted to start regularly.

For me they are our two best and most proven half backs after Joey and Murray, and they should be starting most games when the two lads are away/being rested, especially important and tricky away encounters like this.

Trying to give everybody game time means nobody has enough. You don’t see Leinster chopping and changing between Byrne and Frawley every week.

Comment

What’s the story with the Ospreys? Hadn’t realised there future was in doubt. Are they in financial trouble or something? There manager Clarke looked like he’d just seen a ghost in that interview
                    "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

Originally posted by KerryRed View Post
                      What’s the story with the Ospreys? Hadn’t realised there future was in doubt. Are they in financial trouble or something? There manager Clarke looked like he’d just seen a ghost in that interview
                      Same here. I even googled it and nothing about restructuring. Must be serious if the broadcaster mentioned it.

i always knew that the hardcore support of neath and Swansea never warmed to the ospreys mantle because they hate each other apparently.

Comment

Great start by Munster at an away match in Wales - they don't normally do this!

OSP 0-7 MUN, 7 mins
                        Sweetnam try ,JJ conv.
                        "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."

Comment

Nice try ,sweetnam good start
                          Still there's a light I hold before me
                          You're the measure of my dreams
                          The measure of my dreams.

Comment

We look a bit tentative at times. Hopefully the try will settle the lads
                            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Before the try, I was going to post that the away fixture in the soulless Liberty Stadium can't be the players', or fans', favourite. Is the place ever even a quarter full?

Comment

Missing quite a few tackles there!
                                Forwards showing great hands

Comment

Working...
                                X