No announcement yet.

P14 R16) Ospreys away - Fri 22nd 19.35 TG4/Eir/Premier

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We probably are, with the caveat that we need to get game time for returning players with a view towards later in the season
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	tenor.gif?itemid=8644559.gif
Views:	132
Size:	734.4 KB
ID:	2559861

I'm not even joking like

I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post
        Last week Glasgow were clear winners eventually in Cardiff. TO stay top of our conference in the next fortnight, we'll need to be getting similar performances and results. It's a big challenge in the international window, but I'd have thought that at this stage of the season we should be putting out our strongest team possible.
        I think this IS about finding out what our strongest team actually is- next week against scarlets is the maybe the harder fixture- and that will probably see the result of what we have learned last, and this week. We can bring on some experienced players if we need to- hopefully we won’t need to. TB was very good when Alby came on- this allows us to see how JJ pairs with him. Taute adds some experience to the starting back line- which is lacking. It will be a nervous one.

Glasgow away to Leinster maybe gives us some breathing space.

Comment

Ospreys: Dan Evans, Hanno Dirksen, Cory Allen, Tiaan Thomas-Wheeler, Keelan Giles, Luke Price, Matthew Aubrey; Jordan Lay, Scott Baldwin, Tom Botha, James King, Bradley Davies, Olly Cracknell (C), Sam Cross, Rob McCusker
          Replacements: Scott Otten, Rowan Jenkins, Ma’afu Fia, Lloyd Ashley, Will Griffiths, Reuben Morgan-Williams, James Hook, Luke Morgan

Our -7 handicap with PP baffles me tbh. We will do very, very well to get any kind of win imho. Now obviously they usually know better so here's hoping
          Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Horse View Post
            We were posting about the match odds earlier in the week. While the selection makes me very nervous, it has not had the same impact on Paddy Power, where the spread has only tightened by 2 points (from -9 earlier in the week to -7 points now).
            Munster clear favourites still according to PP
            I agree. Wil probably tighten more.
            ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
            AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

I think this IS about finding out what our strongest team actually is- next week against scarlets is the maybe the harder fixture- and that will probably see the result of what we have learned last, and this week. We can bring on some experienced players if we need to- hopefully we won’t need to. TB was very good when Alby came on- this allows us to see how JJ pairs with him. Taute adds some experience to the starting back line- which is lacking. It will be a nervous one.

Glasgow away to Leinster maybe gives us some breathing space.
              It’s nearly March and they still haven’t settled on our second choice 10. That’s just tinkering. Changing your 10 and 12 from week to week doesn’t do anything to help cohesion.

Comment

WTF is going on with Alby not starting? He's easily our most important player in this squad for these games, this is a critical game if we want to finish top of the conference. Braindead from the management.

Comment

I’m delighted to see Taute in, I really hope it goes well for him. It’s brilliant to have JOD back after such a bad injury hopefully he’ll go well, it was such an nasty injury he had picked up so great that he’s back in.
                  I’m happy to see JJ back at 10, I would have liked to see Alby at 9 because he’s been so important and that bit of experience would have done no harm when you’ve a 10 coming back in who’s been out for a while. That said, JVG obviously wants to give Cronin a go and it’ll be great to have that experience coming off the bench especially if things aren’t going well. He’s a game changer.

The team itself with the likes of Nash and Sweets on the wings and the likes of Wycherley up front is exciting, it’s probably not what most people would have expected but it’s good to see JVG trust his squad, now whether that will work is another question, hopefully we’ll have enough to get a win. Every point is crucial at this stage. It won’t be an easy task but hopefully we’ll get it done.
                  Last edited by Stringer9; 21st-February-2019, 23:04.
                  The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

In fairness to JvG he has to experiment. So many away in Irish Camp, which shows how much we have improved, plus guys back from injury need a run
                    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
                      WTF is going on with Alby not starting? He's easily our most important player in this squad for these games, this is a critical game if we want to finish top of the conference. Braindead from the management.
                      Alby unlikely to get a new contract meaning come next season a d with world cup we will be relying on the likes of Cronin - the selection has that in mind I would suggest to get more game experience into the guys who will be needed

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

It’s nearly March and they still haven’t settled on our second choice 10. That’s just tinkering. Changing your 10 and 12 from week to week doesn’t do anything to help cohesion.
                        I’d agree, ordinarily, but we’ve had a very unusual set of circumstances to deal with. I suspect we were under instruction to start Joey from September onwards- and even if we weren’t all of us here would have been wondering why. It was two from JC, JJ, IK, Bj then. TB wasn’t available to play because of injury until November(?), Murray surely needed to play with JC, so again before the AI, it was benchtime for one of JJ, IK, BJ. When TB came back we were into HCUP, again Joey had to start, and things eased only with IK fading from the picture, and an injury to JJ. We tried to deal with some of this by using 12 to give options/ game time. JJ and TB have had their moments when starting, but also had fairly patchy games, but unsurprisingly neither look fully match fit. BJ has, on balance, been the more consistent- I think- but basically none of TB, JJ, BJ have grabbed their bench spot and made it their own- let alone being a plausible alternative to JC. The absence of B&I hasn’t helped either.

I’m not saying any of this is ideal, just inevitable- in the circumstances. What else could we have done? Pick one as benching 10, and stick with them? Which of BJ, JJ, IK, TB should it have been and why? (We’ll avoid the same situation next year until after the WC, when it will be two from three until Christmas or so; extending TB probably puts him in pole position).

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                          In fairness to JvG he has to experiment. So many away in Irish Camp, which shows how much we have improved, plus guys back from injury need a run
                          With all due respect I don’t think February and a must win tough away fixture is not the time to experiment.

We only see the players on a match day but jvg sees them 5 days a week since last August. He should know well what his best team is under any circumstance.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post

With all due respect I don’t think February and a must win tough away fixture is not the time to experiment.

We only see the players on a match day but jvg sees them 5 days a week since last August. He should know well what his best team is under any circumstance.
                            Every fixture is must win from here out and the same players can't play every game - when would you plan to rotate the squad?

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

Every fixture is must win from here out and the same players can't play every game - when would you plan to rotate the squad?
                              Zebra at home. Plus I don’t think it’s squad rotation. Tyler is just back getting in groove . He doesn’t need a rest. Same with alby. Chomping at the bit to go. Jean Kleyn archer Haley don’t seem to get rested despite the massive amount of mins played this season. It just looks like jvg is uncertain at 10/12 who he wants there when the internationals are missing.

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

Alby unlikely to get a new contract meaning come next season a d with world cup we will be relying on the likes of Cronin - the selection has that in mind I would suggest to get more game experience into the guys who will be needed
                                Also the IRFU have cut Munster some slack with regards to signing injury NIQ cover , other Province's supporters have given out about it . Here Munster are showing that the injury cover will not block the development of an IQ player . Contrast that with Ulster and Pienaar, starting him the whole time and giving the back up a few mins at the end of the match.

Comment

Working...
                                X