Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

P14 R16) Ospreys away - Fri 22nd 19.35 TG4/Eir/Premier

I am the million man.

Ospreys will be smarting from the loss to Ulster- all big games for us until Leinster play Glasgow. Hopefully Kleyn is Ok- and I’d assume we’ll be without those released back to us last weekend, and Conway (who surely deserves a place in Italy).

Comment

Last weekend served to knock the rust off. In a way we wee lucky that the Kings was our first match back after the mini-break. Now is the time to step up and prove ourselves in a much more challenging test.

It's probably true that losing to Ulster will have made the Ospreys harder to beat this weekend, but you'd have to admire Ulster for pulling it off nonetheless.

On the plus side I think Wales may be playing a match this weekend (ok, you'd have to have been on an interplanetary space mission to not know about that match), which is definitely going to eclipse anything the Welsh regions get up to.

Comment

Nice to have lads slotting back in at a key time in the season too, Boomer - Jacko

bit of a catchall in the examiner but it sets things out for both important games this weekend:

Tadhg Beirne and Chris Farrell, a couple of key Munster team members whose season has been badly disrupted by injury, have been recalled to the Irish camp at Carton House by coach Joe Schmidt and so are now in contention for selection for Sunday’s game against Italy in Rome.

Beirne has been out of action since limping out at a late stage of the European Cup match against Exeter Chiefs a month ago.

Farrell suffered a recurrence of knee trouble in Munster’s win over the Southern Kings on Friday night last but coach Johann van Graan hinted today that it is not considered serious.

“We must wait to see what the national medical team have to say but we are hopeful that he should be fit for Sunday if selected”, he said.

“It’s to Chris’s favour that he actually ran off the pitch on Friday night”.

Niall Scannell and Andrew Conway have also been recalled to the Irish camp and so are clearly in the running to face the Italians along with Conor Murray, Keith Earls, Peter O’Mahony and Dave Kilcoyne who have remained with the Irish panel.

CJ Stander, however, is still recovering from the nasty facial injury sustained in the Ireland-England game and so is recuperating back home in Castleconnell with his wife Jean-Marie who announced over the weekend that the couple are expecting their first child later in the year.

Munster are now preparing for Friday night’s Guinness Pro14 clash with the Ospreys in Swansea when it is possible that Jack O’Donoghue, reported to be fully fit once again by van Graan, may make his first appearance in the back-row.

There is still no sign of a return to action for loose head prop James Cronin, who continues to deal with a knee injury that has seriously hampered his career.

With Kilcoyne also unavailable for the Ospreys game, the number one jersey will again rest between Jeremy Loughman and Liam O’Connor, both of whom figured in the runaway win against the Southern Kings.
        I am the million man.

Comment

That looks like good news on Chris Farrell's fitness so fingers crossed that his knee is OK.
          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Bibbers:

https://inpho.ie/assignment/Nt72cuVF...lg6ZShEBG7A..a
            I am the million man.

Comment

What's James Cronin's story?

Comment

Don't see Jean Kleyn out training but at least he hasn't been added to the injury list.

"What's James Cronin's story?"

Last week he was out on the field training alongside CJ and Tadhg Beirne so hopefully he is not too far away

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                  Nice to have lads slotting back in at a key time in the season too, Boomer - Jacko

bit of a catchall in the examiner but it sets things out for both important games this weekend:

Tadhg Beirne and Chris Farrell, a couple of key Munster team members whose season has been badly disrupted by injury, have been recalled to the Irish camp at Carton House by coach Joe Schmidt and so are now in contention for selection for Sunday’s game against Italy in Rome.

Beirne has been out of action since limping out at a late stage of the European Cup match against Exeter Chiefs a month ago.

Farrell suffered a recurrence of knee trouble in Munster’s win over the Southern Kings on Friday night last but coach Johann van Graan hinted today that it is not considered serious.

“We must wait to see what the national medical team have to say but we are hopeful that he should be fit for Sunday if selected”, he said.

“It’s to Chris’s favour that he actually ran off the pitch on Friday night”.

Niall Scannell and Andrew Conway have also been recalled to the Irish camp and so are clearly in the running to face the Italians along with Conor Murray, Keith Earls, Peter O’Mahony and Dave Kilcoyne who have remained with the Irish panel.

CJ Stander, however, is still recovering from the nasty facial injury sustained in the Ireland-England game and so is recuperating back home in Castleconnell with his wife Jean-Marie who announced over the weekend that the couple are expecting their first child later in the year.

Munster are now preparing for Friday night’s Guinness Pro14 clash with the Ospreys in Swansea when it is possible that Jack O’Donoghue, reported to be fully fit once again by van Graan, may make his first appearance in the back-row.

There is still no sign of a return to action for loose head prop James Cronin, who continues to deal with a knee injury that has seriously hampered his career.

With Kilcoyne also unavailable for the Ospreys game, the number one jersey will again rest between Jeremy Loughman and Liam O’Connor, both of whom figured in the runaway win against the Southern Kings.
                  and Joey?
                  Mumha Abu

Comment

The Cronin update reads ominously!!!

Comment

I was thinking the same. Hopefully not as bad as it sounds
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Munster need to win either this match or the next one away to Scarlets to stay favourites to win the conference.

A losing bonus point from each is probably what the bookies odds will suggest.

Edit: Just checked PP and Munster are strong favourites and -7 in the handicap ...
                        Last edited by AdolphusGrigson; 19th-February-2019, 10:24.
                        ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                        AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
                          Munster need to win either this match or the next one away to Scarlets to stay favourites to win the conference.

A losing bonus point from each is probably what the bookies odds will suggest.

Edit: Just checked PP and Munster are strong favourites and -7 in the handicap ...
                          Is that not a bit odd, with no teams named yet? I wouldn't normally look at the odds until closer to the match, so am surprised so see that spread.
                          Also, did you see Glasgow at -9 for their home match with Connacht? I don't get that, as I think Connacht are playing well.

Comment

Cronin is not too far off game time. His knee has been crocked for ages but hes always played through it. Fingers crossed he's back soon.

Havent logged on here in a while, few changes for next year. Duncan and Hart are gone, both currently looking for new clubs after being told they are not retained. Dave O'Callaghan finalising his contract in france also.

Comment

Originally posted by wellboy View Post
                              Cronin is not too far off game time. His knee has been crocked for ages but hes always played through it. Fingers crossed he's back soon.

Havent logged on here in a while, few changes for next year. Duncan and Hart are gone, both currently looking for new clubs after being told they are not retained. Dave O'Callaghan finalising his contract in france also.
                              Does that mean Mathewson will re-sign?
                              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Working...
                              X