Clear All

Munster Vs Southern Kings

Need to win this one
    Starts
    15th-February-2019 19:35
    Ends
    15th-February-2019 21:35
    When things go wrong, blame McGahan

Be good to see some players who might be able to get back into the national side get a run here.

Is Bernie back?
    Conway?

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
      Be good to see some players who might be able to get back into the national side get a run here.

Is Bernie back?
      Conway?
      Jack O’Donoghue (knee) has returned to squad training and will look to return to play over the coming weeks.

JJ Hanrahan (hip) returned to squad training last week.

Andrew Conway has returned to full training with the province after presenting with some calf tightness on international duty.

CJ Stander is rehabbing a facial injury at the province.

Sammy Arnold will be unavailable for selection over the next few weeks due to a hairline fracture of his fibula.

Tommy O’Donnell (AC Joint) underwent surgery last week and has commenced his rehabilitation programme with the medical department.

The following are progressing with rehabilitation: Brian Scott (foot), James Cronin (leg), Tadhg Beirne (knee), Dave O’Callaghan (foot), Tommy O’Donnell (shoulder), CJ Stander (face), Sammy Arnold (leg).

https://munsterrugby.ie/2019/02/11/s...outhern-kings/

Comment

Hoping Joe will release Andrew Conway, John Ryan and Niall S for this one. Will be a month since these will have gotten game time and I expect some/all will be involved against Italy.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	INPHO_01494978.jpg
Views:	236
Size:	61.1 KB
ID:	2559119Click image for larger version

Name:	INPHO_01494988.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	2559120Click image for larger version

Name:	INPHO_01494994.jpg
Views:	233
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	2559121
          I am the million man.

Comment

Announced that Chris Farrell, John Ryan, Billy Holland and Niall Scannell have returned to Munster so presumably won’t play v Italy.

Disappointing for the lads
            "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
              Announced that Chris Farrell, John Ryan, Billy Holland and Niall Scannell have returned to Munster so presumably won’t play v Italy.

Crikey that's surprising too. I read that Ringrose is due back and Henshaw too, so maybe Farrell was always fighting for his spot. But he played well and must be disappointed not to be given some role against Italy.
              John Ryan too... and Niall Scannell. I can't see how they get a chance at all if not this match.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

Not so sure about that, the Italy game is Sunday week and the guys haven't had game-time so it is not that surprising that they would come back to Munster on what is a rest week for the Irish squad. Even if they are picked or on the bench next Friday I wouldn't think that would rule them out of the squad for Italy. If I was Joe, I would like to run Henshaw and Farrell at center and get Scannall and Ryan involved. Some players like Sexton, POM and Furlong and a few others could do with a break until the France game with the long season ahead (warm-up games in the summer followed by the world cup)

Comment

Not good for CJ or Ireland, but a month off with a facial injury could stand to him and Munster come the springtime.

Comment

It would be handy if Cardiff could do us a favour and beat Glasgow.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                      It would be handy if Cardiff could do us a favour and beat Glasgow.
                      Would be very nice to head back to Wales with that luxury, but Glasgow urgently need to address their slide, so I’m expecting an away win.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	INPHO_01494978.jpg Views:	0 Size:	61.1 KB ID:	2559119Click image for larger version  Name:	INPHO_01494988.jpg Views:	0 Size:	26.2 KB ID:	2559120Click image for larger version  Name:	INPHO_01494994.jpg Views:	0 Size:	57.4 KB ID:	2559121
                        No sign of TB in these or the larger set of photos posted elsewhere? BJ and JJ, Alby and Cronin at 9/10?

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

No sign of TB in these or the larger set of photos posted elsewhere? BJ and JJ, Alby and Cronin at 9/10?
                          Tyler did train today.

Comment

Thanks- that’s reassuring, I want to see him play a big role over the next few weeks while Joey is away. Would be really tempted to give him a run out at 12, with Goggin outside, against Kings.
                            Last edited by jagawayagain; 12th-February-2019, 03:10.

Comment

Just to get the ball rolling...
                              Haley
                              Conway
                              Farrell
                              Goggin
                              JJ
                              Alby
                              Loughman
                              Scannell
                              Ryan
                              Beirne