Dave O’Callaghan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dave O’Callaghan

Hello! I am a long-term supporter of Biarritz Olympique and am writing to enquire about Dave O’Callaghan. My friends in the Basque Country are asking why he has only played 9 games in the last two years. We have signed him for next season. I think he will be a great signing if he has the heart of a Munsterman.
    Biarritz have had a disastrous time over the last 7 years, but the new owners have a good plan and the finances are being sorted. The aim is develop 50% of the 1st team through the Academy within 5 years.
    My favourite rugby weekend of all time was the 2005 quarter-final in San Sebastion. A life-long memory.
    Any information will be tremendous and I will send it back into the Gambas and Independents Forums.
    i also remember the 2010 final in Paris, spent with Munster fans from Cork who got us tickets. I hope that the two clubs will meet again in the future. The bond between us is special.

Long term injuries.
    2016 - Shoulder
    2017 - Knee
    2018 - Foot

Comment

Wait, what now? DOC has signed for Biarritz? I know we all expected him to be leaving, but has that even been a rumour over here?

Comment

If true the squad is getting a fair trimming. It's harsh on some guys but has been due for a while

Comment

How highly is he rated by the fans?

Comment

Good player, always rated him. Good to see the squad being trimmed too though.

Comment

He's a tough competitor who plays more frequently in the back row but can also play at lock. He would have had a lot more appearances for us, but has had a lot of misfortune with various injuries, as detailed above. I'm sorry to see him leaving but we have so many players competing for places that I guess it was decided that there's no more room for him - that said, I haven't seen any official news to say he's definitely leaving us ... assuming it's true, he should be an asset to you.
              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

A player in bad need of a change of scene so would be happy for him going to Biarritz.

A real disapointment how he didn't push on really. I remember him playing a blinder against Saint's in that 40 phase ROG drop goal game. He was doing as well as POM. Then he just totally stalled, largely due to injuries but he was fit when opportunities were there to make inroads, especially at second row.
                "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

A great move for him if true, has had awful luck with injuries, has never really had a chance to build momentum with a run of games, if he could get that he would be a tremendous player.

Comment

Originally posted by busby View Post
                    A player in bad need of a change of scene so would be happy for him going to Biarritz.

A real disapointment how he didn't push on really. I remember him playing a blinder against Saint's in that 40 phase ROG drop goal game. He was doing as well as POM. Then he just totally stalled, largely due to injuries but he was fit when opportunities were there to make inroads, especially at second row.
                    Do you remember the Saracens home match in 2012 when he and Dave Kilcoyne showed they belong at least at Heineken Cup level? I had to Google it for the dates and details, but we won 15-9. I had great hopes back then, even more for O'Callaghan than Kilcoyne.

Comment

A super player if he can stay fit.Excellent line out operator and always gave 100%.I am sad to see him go but I hope it works out for him in Biarro.

Comment

If I had to chose where in France to go play rugby, Biarritz would be choice no.1.
                        He was as lame as a duck. Not the metaphorical lame duck either, but a real duck that was actually lame. Maybe from stepping on a land mine or something.

Comment

Originally posted by Sea Horse View Post

Do you remember the Saracens home match in 2012 when he and Dave Kilcoyne showed they belong at least at Heineken Cup level? I had to Google it for the dates and details, but we won 15-9. I had great hopes back then, even more for O'Callaghan than Kilcoyne.
                          That was the first game came to my mind when I read this thread.

A serious battle of the forwards & both Pom & Doc were excellent. Farrell missed a few kicks that night as well the silence seemed to effect him.

Comment

was i at that match. cant remember?

Comment

Working...
                            X