No announcement yet.

MATCH THREAD: HCC Q/F Edinburgh v Munster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasnt expecting a win... which made it even sweeter .Edinburgh fans were excellent.

What is the injury situation?
    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Edinburgh are far better than Glasgow this year IMHO. They’ve got a very strong pack and some handy backs. Glasgow have lost their mojo.
      Edinburgh are better, yes. Far better? No, the games between them at Christmas were close and could have gone either way. Saracens exposed Glasgow weaknesses like no other team has this season. Munster are strong in the areas where Glasgow were taken apart, so that should close up some gaps. The semi is in Coventry, another little chink in Saracens' armory as they are not the same team away from the quirky Allianz Park. No plastic pitch and a less than huge home following means that odds are for a lot closer result than the 1/4. Less than 11000 for the Saracens v Glasgow match at home is a really poor return for one of the most successful clubs in Europe. Not sure what the capacity of the Ricoh Areana is - upward of 30000?

Comment

Originally posted by cuneiform View Post

Edinburgh are better, yes. Far better? No, the games between them at Christmas were close and could have gone either way. Saracens exposed Glasgow weaknesses like no other team has this season. Munster are strong in the areas where Glasgow were taken apart, so that should close up some gaps. The semi is in Coventry, another little chink in Saracens' armory as they are not the same team away from the quirky Allianz Park. No plastic pitch and a less than huge home following means that odds are for a lot closer result than the 1/4. Less than 11000 for the Saracens v Glasgow match at home is a really poor return for one of the most successful clubs in Europe. Not sure what the capacity of the Ricoh Areana is - upward of 30000?
        32 k.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
          Wasnt expecting a win... which made it even sweeter .Edinburgh fans were excellent.

What is the injury situation?
          Big thanks to the Edinburgh fans. Were very welcoming and good bunch to chat with.
          "If all the wild horsemen of the apocalypse came around the corner O'Mahony would charge straight back at them."
          Will Greenwood

Comment

Fantastic result. Great trip. Atmosphere was electric and the Edinburgh fans were fantastic

Comment

Conway did well at 15, looked very solid there for
              me. Sweets defended well, he kept his man quiet. I’d retain them from now on. Class from Farrell the hands for Earls try. Lucky to get the win, Sarries an awful team for us to draw, a huge ask.
              \"Only Pienaar, Botha and Ferris would be in contention for a place on our first 15. That\'s a fact.\" - Tickettout\'s take on Ulster April 2011.

Comment

there really isnt anything between an earls, haley, conway back 3 and an earls, conway, sweetnam back 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Fantastic View Post

Big thanks to the Edinburgh fans. Were very welcoming and good bunch to chat with.
                  Delighted to read that. I had a very unpleasant experience with a visibly pissed fan on a bus after the game, glad to see it was an isolated incident
                  Good things happen to those who wait, though mostly much too late.

Comment

I’d missed the Tadg Beirne incident yesterday . Stupid but Very harsh on the Edinburgh player.
                    Beirne really overreacted and not something I’d like to see coming into the game .

Very poor oof call by the officials to swallow that
                    When their numbers dwindled from 50 to 8, the other dwarves began to suspect Hungry

Comment

Really proud of the team and supporters yesterday. The traveling support was exceptional. They’re always a credit to the club and it honestly always makes me a bit emotional at times. Fair play to everyone who travelled over. I’m pretty gutted I wasn’t able to travel, but I just couldn’t afford it.

I wasn’t confident we’d get the win, I’m always concerned about the timing of this fixture, when there’s been that break with the 6 Nations. I thought we looked we a bit undercooked at times, but the experience and management of this game was excellent. Winning is a habit and the grit and determination of the players was what got us through the game. Despite the fact that Edinburgh seemed to have the upper hand, we didn’t panic. We were clinical and took our chances. The performance wasn’t our best but the heart and character was old school Munster. We won with only 30 odd % territory and possession against an excellent Edinburgh side. Our defence was superb and our work rate was second to none, we’ll need more, a lot more, to win away to Saracens, but we live to fight another day.
                      The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Originally posted by Benji View Post
                        I’d missed the Tadg Beirne incident yesterday . Stupid but Very harsh on the Edinburgh player.
                        Beirne really overreacted and not something I’d like to see coming into the game .

Very poor oof call by the officials to swallow that
                        It wasn't Hand of Back, more Alan Quinlan and Fabien Pelous in the 2008 final. Core Munster values. Nothing to see here. Move along.
                        Last edited by rathbaner; 1st-April-2019, 01:57.
                        Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post

Have to concur about Tyler. That performance was right up there with his best ones for us and it looks like he's returning to top form at exactly the right time.

On another note - folks, I know there are one or two eejits who only ever come on here to slag players off and that's one thing, but as we all know it's possible to go through a lot of highs and lows over the course of a game...
                          You're absolutely right about Tyler.
                          On the other matter I guess it comes down to confirmation bias.
                          Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Tyler, Conway, Earls, Farrell were all excellent for me, but we still couldn't fashion a line break. The talent is unquestionably there.

7 was an issue for us I think. Can't help but feel that if Cloete was on the pitch their jacklers wouldn't have had the incredible amount of time they seemed to get over the ball.

That was the biggest issue for me. We didn't seem to ruck nearly as aggressively in attack as we did in defence. We win turnovers while defending, but we weren't clearing aggressively enough on our ball.

Sarries will give us the ball all day and soak us up if we don't fix that. It will be a re-run of the same fixture a couple of years back.
                            "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by cuneiform View Post

People are getting carried away with how good edinburgh are this season compared with Glasgow. The PRO14 records are 13-5 wins/losses and 9-9, their head-to-head could have gone either way, and Edinburgh have a struggle to get to a play off place.

Sarries getting less than 11 k is amazing, not least because there will have been a decent number of Scots there. Sarries away support is weaker still, and an Easter Saturday isn’t very appealing for the floating fan.

It will be difficult, very difficult, but it’s a European cup semi final, what else would it me? It’s a long way off impossible though, and I’d be there singing my head off even if it was.

Comment

Great win. Not an easy ask. The addition of Beirne Farrell and Carbury could be the difference for us this year. Beirne is a massive pain in the hole for opposition teams. Any news on Carbury?

Comment

Working...
                                X