MATCH THREAD: HCC Q/F Edinburgh v Munster

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigLad View Post
    Looks like it Saracen s in Ricoh. Glasgow are phonies. Joke of a club.
    Same as Munster had the game lost?

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post
      It’s over. We are out. Like Ireland we have been found out. Instead of changing the questions when people have the answers we are just a shambolic mess. A scrum when we are not dominating. Brain dead.
      Indeed....

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
        Keep getting isolated. Too many forwards going into contact and nobody blowing the jackals away
        Farrell dominated the collision every time and made himself long before placing ball.
        Worked every time, giving jackals no chance
        Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Last Stand View Post

Indeed....
          Please, all, cool down with that. BigLad expressed a pessimistic point of view a lot of us had already in the past when the team seems to look desesperatly for a solution under the pressure of a very good team. And that was when we kicked the ball away again, giving Darcy Graham or Viliame Mata the stick to kick our ass instead of daring to open the game with players who can really play good, as Keith's second try proved.
          But today, like most of the time (but not always, let's conceed it...), the guys had B****cks like spanish fighting bulls and they came out from the arena "a hombros", as the aficionados say.
          "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

Originally posted by JN.Allezdax.com View Post

Please, all, cool down with that. BigLad expressed a pessimistic point of view a lot of us had already in the past when the team seems to look desesperatly for a solution under the pressure of a very good team. And that was when we kicked the ball away again, giving Darcy Graham or Viliame Mata the stick to kick our ass instead of daring to open the game with players who can really play good, as Keith's second try proved.
            But today, like most of the time (but not always, let's conceed it...), the guys had B****cks like spanish fighting bulls and they came out from the arena "a hombros", as the aficionados say.
            Agree. I was a bit harsh, but so was that post. Saying that, we will need to be much better and smarter against Saracens.

Comment

We need a step up in three gears and perhaps a help from the Munster gods to beat saracens away. Good win today yes ok but it was only Edinburgh

Comment

Agree. I was a bit harsh, but so was that post. Saying that, we will need to be much better and smarter against Saracens.
                I thought you were on the money
                Gwan Joe!!

Comment

Ah oui. We will have to improve drastically because what the Saracens propose today against the second best team ot the Pro14 is really impressive....
                  "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

Glasgow are crap. A joke.

Comment

Great result today. I'm delighted.

Much harder opposition next......
                      Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                      Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Yep we are going to Coventry 49-13 to Sarries now.
                        Even though its away, still think we will have more support and its on a grass pitch.
                        Just need to keep Nigel from Tannoy system !

Comment

This said the Warriors are a complete different team as Munster: They are absolutely brillant in attack, but weak in defense. Munster is (usually) some kind of tough safe with a huge compact and coherent defense. Not sure Saries will take the same advantage against Munster as they got today. But they will clearly be the favourites and we the outsiders.

Comment

Indeed....
                            If people think that today was a monetual victory like A harlequins 2013 or a glaws 08 then think again. We were poor today and we got over the line barely.

Comment

Originally posted by JN.Allezdax.com View Post
                              This said the Warriors are a complete different team as Munster: They are absolutely brillant in attack, but weak in defense. Munster is (usually) some kind of tough safe with a huge compact and coherent defense. Not sure Saries will take the same advantage against Munster as they got today. But they will clearly be the favourites and we the outsiders.
                              They will be favourites, but they are not the team they were- and I can see us getting through.

Comment

At the departure gate for the return flight to Belfast. Christ I wish I could have stayed in Edinburgh tonight. Voice is ruined, but I bought myself a wee present of a bottle of whisky as consolation. Got to sample it first - I think my tasting notes will read simply "peaty as f*ck".

And we won. All's good with the world. God I love Munster.
                                Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Working...
                                X