'Home Country' semi-final venue.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scotscor View Post
    Yeah, but why wouldnt the EPCR choose croker over the AVIVA, From a balance sheet point of view they would be up an extra mill.
    Bit too big. And the IRFU would be pushing for the Aviva.

Comment

Originally posted by busby View Post
      The PUC is an argument for future years (current rules mean it won't be available in any case) but one worth having seeing as there's a massive new stadium that needs big games to help pay it off sitting down in Cork.
      It's never going to be paid off. It should never have been rebuilt on that scale in the first place and was a massive waste of money neither the taxpayer nor the GAA will ever see back.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Wouldn't be too big for a Leinster semi, probably not for a Munster semi, I appreciate that the IRFU would be pushing for the AVIVA but from an EPCR perspective its worth an extra million.
        Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post
          Dublin has never been so near with the motorway. For me hitting the castleconnell junction. Floor it non stop m7 . Quick bite at junction 14 Kildare and then just 45 mins in from there. No traffic lights until the past the red cow. I also agree with Munster boy with the massive Munster support living in Dublin too. I wouldn’t fancy a trip down through charleville buttevant etc and musgrave park is a lot easier to get to then Puc. A lot of limerick gaa fans were giving out about getting in and out of there last May for the Munster championship. A complete bottle neck by all accounts.
          Yes, maybe we should just make the rest of Ireland outside Dublin a tourist theme park, and let Dublin have all the businesses, jobs, events, airports and ferries.

Comment

Originally posted by aupa les rouges View Post

Yes, maybe we should just make the rest of Ireland outside Dublin a tourist theme park, and let Dublin have all the businesses, jobs, events, airports and ferries.
            Don't exaggerate. Rosslare will be allowed to keep its ferry. For the time being anyway.

Comment

Edinburgh game, 12.45 Saturday

Comment

Not trying to undermine the task against Edinburgh, but just asking, If it was a Sarries v Munster semi, where would they likely play that semi? Would it be Twickenham?

Just trying to get ahead of Ryanair
                Last edited by shep; 25th-January-2019, 12:32.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

You would have to assume that the Aviva charges for opening up the staduim, does the IRFU (or a winning province) get financially rewarded for winning a HC Cup?

What I am trying to say is that by using PUC, advantages may accrue to the IRFU in the long run

Comment

shep;"Not trying to undermine the task against Edinburgh, but just asking, If it was a Sarries v Munster semi, where would they likely play that semi? Would it be Twickenham?

Just trying to get ahead of Ryanair"

Based on assertions here, Sarries would have no say in the matter and the EPCR could select a venue not even in London but anywhere in the U.K.
                    However, I can't see it anywhere outside London as Sarrie supposters don't travel my guess is Twickenham but ....

Comment

Well I suppose if they have it in London (possibly Twickenham), they would have to allow a probable Racing v Leinster semi in Paris (Possibly Stade)

Comment

Who are the English representatives on the EPCR board - RFU or PRL?
                        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by woodlawn1 View Post

You would have to assume that the Aviva charges for opening up the staduim, does the IRFU (or a winning province) get financially rewarded for winning a HC Cup?

What I am trying to say is that by using PUC, advantages may accrue to the IRFU in the long run
                          IRFU own 50% (I think) of the Aviva, so benefit financially from opening the place. They also clean up on beer and food sales on the day.

I can't see any advantage for the IRFU in having a big rugby game played in a GAA stadium.

Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                          Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by woodlawn1 View Post

As previous poster said, the IRFU get a share of the proceeds from renting out the Aviva.

Not sure what you mean by advantages accruing in the long run. If you’re suggesting that playing in PUC would make us more likely to win a HC semi than playing in Dublin, I struggle to see any evidence for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Soda Bread View Post
                              shep;"Not trying to undermine the task against Edinburgh, but just asking, If it was a Sarries v Munster semi, where would they likely play that semi? Would it be Twickenham?

Just trying to get ahead of Ryanair"

Based on assertions here, Sarries would have no say in the matter and the EPCR could select a venue not even in London but anywhere in the U.K.
                              However, I can't see it anywhere outside London as Sarrie supposters don't travel my guess is Twickenham but ....

Quite possibly the Ricoh in Coventry, that's where they played us in 2008 and it was their designated stadium last year if they had beaten Leinster in the quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                                Who are the English representatives on the EPCR board - RFU or PRL?
                                I have a vague notion that all six countries have two seats on the Board. Ireland's, Scotland's and Italy's seats are taken by their respective Unions (or Federation in Italy's case). England's Wales's and France's seats are one for the Union (or Federation in France's case) and one for the Clubs.

But, of course, I'm open to correction, as in all matters.
                                Last edited by Piquet; 25th-January-2019, 15:01.

Comment

Working...
                                X