No announcement yet.

'Home Country' semi-final venue.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you seriously believe this crackpot discussion could influence anyone of significance on this subject......

Last edited by Miguel Sanchez; 7th-February-2019, 14:58.
    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

There's a strong argument for a Monorail between the Pairc and Pana
      I am the million man.

Comment

I was saying Boo-urns

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Konys barmy army View Post
          I was saying Boo-urns
          I actually prefer the line before that

smithers, are they booing me?
          I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

I actually prefer the line before that

smithers, are they booing me?
            Uh, no, they're saying "Boo-urns, Boo-urns".

Although the moment of the episode was Krusty and his I said the loud part quiet and the quiet part loud. After let’s say it moved me TO A BIGGER HOUSE

Comment

Originally posted by Soda Bread View Post
              Wallyman "You've been told why not multiple times by multiple people".

Ah, but you see these 'Multiple people' are just someone else with an opinion - they're not stakeholders or decision makers.
              This is just a discussion/debate forum - we can only try to influence the powers that be by raising/discussing the issues.

Click image for larger version

Name:	746C70CC-5ABA-476A-87AC-8A5E829041ED.jpeg
Views:	105
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	2558588

Comment

Frank Murphy - Winner Alright! - I wonder will he donate his winnings towards resurfacing PUC?

Name:	Frank Murphy - Winner alright!.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	2558661

Comment

Originally posted by Soda Bread View Post
                  Frank Murphy - Winner Alright! - I wonder will he donate his winnings towards resurfacing PUC?

Name:	Frank Murphy - Winner alright!.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	2558661
                  You would probably have more luck with Dolores McNamara

Comment

https://www.independent.ie/sport/rug...-37813654.html
                    "If all the wild horsemen of the apocalypse came around the corner O'Mahony would charge straight back at them."
                    Will Greenwood

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Fantastic View Post
                      If the stadium is big enough to accommodate the travelling fans I don’t have a problem with it. No point paying rent for a neutral venue making both sets of fans travel

Comment

Is there a capacity restriction too or could Thomond potentially hold one?

Comment

Originally posted by Dougie View Post
                          Is there a capacity restriction too or could Thomond potentially hold one?
                          I'd imagine they could pull more money out of Lansdowne Road.

Comment

Key sentence "With key elements such as stadium capacity, commercial viability, operational suitability and location remaining paramount for the high-profile matches, EPCR will continue to designate the venues in conjunction with the recommendations of its stakeholders."

I checked their web-site for the rules but there is no mention of the seating/capacity requirements. If my memory serves me well he capacity had to be over 25,000 - which Thomond Park is. The gate receipts go to EPCR so not an issue for Munster Rugby - but could they convince the EPCR? Probably yes if it was a French/Scottish club but not if it was a money spinner i.e. V. Leinster.

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

If the stadium is big enough to accommodate the travelling fans I don’t have a problem with it. No point paying rent for a neutral venue making both sets of fans travel
                              Not really a rent thing so much as a "there are no other grounds in Scotland and the Paris fans won't travel to the end of the road" I suspect.

Real risk of some of the possible SF combos producing very underwhelming crowds.
                              "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post

Not really a rent thing so much as a "there are no other grounds in Scotland and the Paris fans won't travel to the end of the road" I suspect.

Real risk of some of the possible SF combos producing very underwhelming crowds.
                                You are probably right about Racing but there are other stadia in Scotland, but they wouldn’t be free...
                                Celtic park 60k
                                hampden 52k
                                ibrox 50K

Comment

Working...
                                X