No announcement yet.

'Home Country' semi-final venue.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, there’s nothing on Earth like a genuine, bona fide, electrified six-car monorail.

Comment

In conclusion, I took the trouble of contacting someone far better placed than I & 'in the know' re: Semi-Final venue selection, so here goes:-

Previously quoted:-

"The semi-final matches will be played at venues designated by EPCR"

However, "they will listen to representations from Clubs/Provinces or Unions for preferred 'home venues' & will take such representations on board but reserve the right to make the final decision."

So a case can be made for a 'preferred' venue through a club/Province via their Union but the final decision is the EPCR's.

Comment

Originally posted by Soda Bread View Post
        In conclusion, I took the trouble of contacting someone far better placed than I & 'in the know' re: Semi-Final venue selection, so here goes:-

Previously quoted:-

"The semi-final matches will be played at venues designated by EPCR"

However, "they will listen to representations from Clubs/Provinces or Unions for preferred 'home venues' & will take such representations on board but reserve the right to make the final decision."

So a case can be made for a 'preferred' venue through a club/Province via their Union but the final decision is the EPCR's.
        So, what pretty much everybody said then. And that ‘preferred venue’ will be the Aviva.

Comment

Munsterboy

"So, what pretty much everybody said then. And that ‘preferred venue’ will be the Aviva."

So are you suggesting that the ‘preferred venue’ of all Munster supporters is the Aviva?
          I certainly agree that the ‘preferred venue’ of the IRFU is the Aviva but that was never my point.

Comment

Munsterboy

"So, what pretty much everybody said then. And that ‘preferred venue’ will be the Aviva."

So are you suggesting that the ‘preferred venue’ of all Munster supporters is the Aviva?
            I certainly agree that the ‘preferred venue’ of the IRFU is the Aviva but that was never my point.
            You seem to be under the impression that it's the Munster fans who will have input on the venue.

Comment

Munsterboy

The preferred venue for majority will be Aviva and its going to be Aviva so why keep going on about this. Its better off in Aviva than any other stadium. Players are better off in Aviva as is everything else.

Comment

"You seem to be under the impression that it's the Munster fans who will have input on the venue".

Yes, they could have if there was an appetite for it (which doesn't appear to be the case based on responses here). The MRSC/Munster Rugby represent the supporters wishes & if there was enough groundswell desire should take that into account.

"The preferred venue for majority will be Aviva and its going to be Aviva so why keep going on about this. Its better off in Aviva than any other stadium. Players are better off in Aviva as is everything else"

Yeah, I get that in the current situation but take for example Munster qualified for a 'home venue' semi-final vrs. Leinster next year or some future year, would the Aviva be the preferred option for Munster Supporters?.

I hope that I don't come across as confrontational, I only started this thread for discussion/debate purposes, after all, isn't that what this forum is about?

Comment

"You seem to be under the impression that it's the Munster fans who will have input on the venue".

Yes, they could have if there was an appetite for it (which doesn't appear to be the case based on responses here). The MRSC/Munster Rugby represent the supporters wishes & if there was enough groundswell desire should take that into account.

"The preferred venue for majority will be Aviva and its going to be Aviva so why keep going on about this. Its better off in Aviva than any other stadium. Players are better off in Aviva as is everything else"

Yeah, I get that in the current situation but take for example Munster qualified for a 'home venue' semi-final vrs. Leinster next year or some future year, would the Aviva be the preferred option for Munster Supporters?.

I hope that I don't come across as confrontational, I only started this thread for discussion/debate purposes, after all, isn't that what this forum is about?
                  Munster would have extra costs on renting ground if not Aviva and i think it would be preferred option.
                  was this a factor in 2009 when we had a home semi final against Leinster. Playing in Croke Park.
                  I think the Aviva would be the preferred option for all. I see Aviva as better as players are used to the Aviva, know the Aviva and you take some of your home advantage away by playing in a completely new stadium even if it happens to actually be in Munster.

Comment

No. You are , however, a rogue in sheep's clothing.

I'm sure the Corner in Flas are bursting with gaseous hilarity at your probing effort.

This , I am only, exhort has been employed before.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Comment

The Ecpr would have an idea from now on what stadia would or could be utilized. They would work with the irfu and access all options with stadium availability from a financial Viability.

It is clear that there is only one suitable available stadium in the country to meet criteria. It’s widely excepted that aviva will be the semi final venue for all 4 provinces when necessary. If they are ‘going to make it easy for the fans , then Dublin is the also a fan friendly decision.

120 miles from limerick
                      16o from cork.
                      100 from Belfast
                      110 from Galway
                      80 from Waterford.

All services by motorway. Rail and frequent bus services in a city with hotels in obundance.

All this against a podcast or column or whatever by donal lenihan who said last week it would be great for cork to host a euro semi on the basis that ‘it would be good for cork ‘

Comment

Philip Quinn spoke about the possibility of a Munster home country HEC Semi Final being played in Cork at the last MRSC AGM. it was clear it was something he would like to see happen some day, but for now it was a non runner as there is no available stadium. GAA rules will simply not permit it at present. He did mention the very good relationship between the GAA and Irish Rugby and it is clear that Irish Rugby is not going to put pressure on the GAA to change their rules.

I have little doubt that once the GAA change their rules so that the playing of such a game in the Pairc is permitted then the possibility will be seriously considered.

Comment

Keyop

"]No. You are , however, a rogue in sheep's clothing.

I'm sure the Corner in Flas are bursting with gaseous hilarity at your probing effort.

This , I am only, exhort has been employed before".

Surely it's not being suggested that such threads/discussions are not welcome on this forum - is there a statute of limitations in effect?

After all, this is effectively Munster game downtime so a little pot-stirring should be a welcome relief!

Comment

How may times do you have to be shown how futile this idea is Soda Bread?

In theory a big game in Cork would be wonderful - but the economics and logistics simply won't work.
                            Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                            Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

They're moving the team to Albuquerque! Hear that, folks?
                              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                                They're moving the team to Albuquerque! Hear that, folks?
                                Wait a minute .... granola, guacamole on toast, a latte ..... those are south dublin spice bag ingredients. They’re playing the semi in the Aviva!!

Comment

Working...
                                X