Dragons v munster jan 26

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
    Is that THE same ‘Blind’ Dave Pearson as TMO????

He was English not Scottish though
    Same guy. He is English, but is the SRU High Performance Referee Manager

Comment

High performance, eh? Not something I associate him with....
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
        Is that THE same ‘Blind’ Dave Pearson as TMO????

He was English not Scottish though
        Good one.
        Still hurts almost 13 years later.
        Imagine how I'd be if we'd lost!

Comment

Tyler did an interview with the42 so I'd wager he will be on the starting side this weekend.

Even with the Irish camp departees I think confidence and hopefully game plan can give the Rodney's a run for their money

Looking forward to this
          I am the million man.

Comment

Head Coach Ceri Jones has revealed centre Tyler Morgan is set to return to the match day squad for the big Guinness PRO14 fixture with Munster at Rodney Parade on Saturday (kick-off 3pm).
            Wales international Morgan has been out of action with a knee injury since the festive derby with Scarlets.

However, the 23-year-old has now returned to training and given the region a boost with centre Adam Warren (foot) an injury doubt.

“We all know about how explosive Tyler can be on his day,” said Jones.

“He has that outside break and that little bit of X-factor, we are hoping he can bring that to the game on Saturday.

“It’s nice have players of quality that you can bring back into the squad.

“Adam (Warren) has been very good for us, so has Jarryd Sage and we’ve got Jack Dixon as well, so there are players of quality there and we just need to get them on the field and get the right result.”

Dragons are set to be without the six Dragons named in Wales squad for the Six Nations – Cory Hill, Elliot Dee, Leon Brown, Aaron Wainwright, Ross Moriarty and Hallam Amos.

And Jones admitted he has not yet heard from the Welsh coaching team about any possible returns for the weekend.

“We haven’t heard anything as of yet,” said Jones. “We’d certainly want Ross Moriarty in our side, but we are carrying on as we would without him.

“We are prepping like we are not going to get him, because I have not heard anything from the Wales camp to suggest that we might.”

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick View Post
              Might as well freshen the side up. You can't keep playing the same team week in week out. That's what English and French teams do.

I'd go for something like
              Loughman
              Marshall
              Archer
              Holland
              Kleyn
              Coombes
              TOD
              Botha

Bleyendaal
              Alby
              Wootton
              Goggin
              Taute
              Sweatnam
              Haley
              Tod is injured. I would expect Rory S instead of Taute and Fineen ahead of Coombes.

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

Tod is injured. I would expect Rory S instead of Taute and Fineen ahead of Coombes.
                Hope Fineen is kept at 6 rather than moving him into 2nd row.
                ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

I'd imagine that Cloete will be back, would like to see more kids (players with less than 5 games so far this season) starting
                  Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

Originally posted by scotscor View Post
                    I'd imagine that Cloete will be back, would like to see more kids (players with less than 5 games so far this season) starting
                    U30's?
                    Yorn desh born, der ritt de gitt der gue,
                    Orn desh, dee born desh, de umn bork! bork! bork!

Comment

Originally posted by scotscor View Post
                      I wouldn't. It's an away game we need to win. Keep the kids for the Kings in Cork and Zebre in Limerick.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

Hope Fineen is kept at 6 rather than moving him into 2nd row.
                        Has a good mentor if that turns out to be his position, gifted athlete already.

Comment

Originally posted by Wallyman View Post

I wouldn't. It's an away game we need to win. Keep the kids for the Kings in Cork and Zebre in Limerick.
                          Yep, same number of points for every game - when you are top of the table - make sure to stay there - as strong a team as possible..
                          ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                          AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Munster: Mike Haley; Darren Sweetnam, Dan Goggin, Tyler Bleyendaal (C), Ronan O’Mahony; Bill Johnston, Alby Mathewson; Jeremy Loughman, Rhys Marshall, Stephen Archer; Jean Kleyn, Billy Holland; Fineen Wycherley, Conor Oliver, Arno Botha.

Replacements: Kevin O’Byrne, Liam O’Connor, Ciaran Parker, Darren O’Shea, Gavin Coombes, Neil Cronin, Calvin Nash, Jaco Taute.

Comment

Strongest team possible. I like it.

Comment

What's the story with Cloete? Is he still not fit? I thought he just wasn't selected for the last couple of games.

Comment

Working...
                                X