Clear All

Dragons v munster jan 26

Back to the league next saturday

Dragons vs Munster
    Guinness PRO143:00pm Saturday 26th JanuaryRodney Parade, Newport

Go over.
    Show them due respect.
    Then go get the points .
    Stay cool .None of us are in the brain trust,right!

Comment

Lots of opportunities over the next few weeks for lads to make a stride forward- I’d expect JVG will give plenty of game time to those who played A last week, along with Billy, Goggin, Alby etc- even shownnof all out internationals, and giving guys like Kleyn a week off, we’ll have a very competitor side for this one.

Comment

Dragons have improved and are improving more. If Munster underestimate them, they will take a beating.

​​​Who needs to be rested? Who are required by Ireland to be rested?
        ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
        AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
          Dragons have improved and are improving more. If Munster underestimate them, they will take a beating.

​​​Who needs to be rested? Who are required by Ireland to be rested?
          The 11 lads in the Irish squad are going to Portugal for a warm weather camp. I believe many of the other starters from the team last weekend (many of whom have played 4 big games in a row) will be rested.

You could see a team with Loughman, Rhys Marshall, Parker, Billy, Fineen, Tommy, Cloete and Arno in the pack with Kevin O'Byrne, Liam O'Connor, maybe Stephen Archer, Sean O'Connor/O'Shea and Conor Oliver/Coombes on the bench. In the backs you could have Alby, Tyler, Wootton, Goggins, Arnold, Nash and Sweetnam with Neil Cronin, Bill Johnston and Jaco Taute/Ronan O'Mahony on the bench.

That would be the makings of a pretty good team, Coombes could step in for Tommy if they wanted to give him a week off (along with Kleyn and Mike Haley) but I think we have no cover for Archer so he would have to be on the bench
          Last edited by Crazyemerald; 20th-January-2019, 22:00.

Comment

Similar team that went out to the cheetahs I reckon

Comment

Originally posted by Crazyemerald View Post

The 11 lads in the Irish squad are going to Portugal for a warm weather camp. I believe many of the other starters from the team last weekend (many of whom have played 4 big games in a row) will be rested.

You could see a team with Loughman, Rhys Marshall, Parker, Billy, Fineen, Tommy, Cloete and Arno in the pack with Kevin O'Byrne, Liam O'Connor, maybe Stephen Archer, Sean O'Connor/O'Shea and Conor Oliver/Coombes on the bench. In the backs you could have Alby, Tyler, Wootton, Goggins, Arnold, Nash and Sweetnam with Neil Cronin, Bill Johnston and Jaco Taute/Ronan O'Mahony on the bench.

That would be the makings of a pretty good team, Coombes could step in for Tommy if they wanted to give him a week off (along with Kleyn and Mike Haley) but I think we have no cover for Archer so he would have to be on the bench
              That team may well take a beating if Dragons target it.

Comment

That team may well take a beating if Dragons target it.
                I’d agree we shouldn’t underestimate Dragons- they’ve had a bit of a new coach bounce- but fundamentally they remain among the weaker teams in the Pro14. At the same time it’s been a heck of a few weeks, and resting Kleyn and others now, with the break coming up, followed by an easy game, we can get the R&R that sets us up for the rest of the season.

A few differences here here and there but I’d like to see a team along the lines suggested by Crazyemerald- and would be demanding of them that they come back with the points. A back line of Alby, TB, Goggin, Arnold, Sweetnam, Wootton and Haley (or JJ if fit), with Loughman, Rhys, Archer, Fineen, Billy, Cloete, Arno and Coombes- with Parker, KOB, Connor*2, Oliver, Cronin, BJ, Nash should be than enough to do the job..
                Last edited by jagawayagain; 21st-January-2019, 07:47.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

I’d agree we shouldn’t underestimate Dragons- they’ve had a bit of a new coach bounce- but fundamentally they remain among the weaker teams in the Pro14. At the same time it’s been a heck of a few weeks, and resting Kleyn and others now, with the break coming up, followed by an easy game, we can get the R&R that sets us up for the rest of the season.

A few differences here here and there but I’d like to see a team along the lines suggested by Crazyemerald- and would be demanding of them that they come back with the points. A back line of Alby, TB, Goggin, Arnold, Sweetnam, Wootton and Haley (or JJ if fit), with Loughman, Rhys, Archer, Fineen, Billy, Cloete, Arno and Coombes- with Parker, KOB, Connor*2, Oliver, Cronin, BJ, Nash should be than enough to do the job..
                  ​​​​​​As strong as possible I'd say with the break coming up. To risk a loss here after the wins against Leinster and Connacht and getting to the top of the table would be a big downer.

Comment

​​​​​​As strong as possible I'd say with the break coming up. To risk a loss here after the wins against Leinster and Connacht and getting to the top of the table would be a big downer.
                    It would be bad to lose here and I can see the merit of keeping the strongest side out for one more week. At the same time , we want to give younger guys game time, and of the away trips to wales over the next few games, this is the easiest, and allows our frontlines a two week break, by missing one game. It’s a tough one.

Comment

Might as well freshen the side up. You can't keep playing the same team week in week out. That's what English and French teams do.

I'd go for something like
                      Loughman
                      Marshall
                      Archer
                      Holland
                      Kleyn
                      Coombes
                      TOD
                      Botha

Bleyendaal
                      Alby
                      Wootton
                      Goggin
                      Taute
                      Sweatnam
                      Haley

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	F005.gif?format=500w.gif
Views:	243
Size:	990.7 KB
ID:	2555951
                        I am the million man.

Comment

Fineen must be chomping at the bit to get out there again
                          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Dragons slipped to a 49-7 defeat on home soil to the French giants – who finished Pool 1 with a perfect points record.

Davies admitted it had been a ‘tough day at the office’ and lessons would need to be learnt fast before Munster arrived at Rodney Parade on Saturday (kick-off 3pm).

“We slipped off first up tackles and gave them momentum in the game. Against the Top14 leaders, you can’t do that,” he said.

“They are a good team, we give them full credit, but we felt we were in good form coming into the week, but on the day we haven’t performed.

“At half-time we knew we had to front up more. We had to double tackle and take away the ball and their offloading game. We did do that a bit better.

“We had our front row back with Brok (Harris) on 100 caps this week and Lloyd (Fairbrother) back from suspension and they did well.

“But we probably left two or three tries out there, with driving mauls.”

“Now we need to bounce back,” he added. “Munster are a very good team, very much like Clermont, and big boys as well so we need to be better.”

Comment

Bibwatch folks:

https://inpho.ie/assignment/a3FDrv_L...4VGgja-JB-A..a

https://www.sportsfile.com/more-images/1901150/
                              I am the million man.

Comment

Working...
                              X