X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jagawayagain
    replied
    Originally posted by xRedmanx View Post

Saracens are only 4 points clear of Glasgow, which means if they lose, 4-0, 5-1 or 5-0 it will threaten their home quarter final route. Losing at all will almost certainly rule out a home semi. Saracens will aim to win.
    Barring a Montpellier win Glasgow are qualified, and may even do with an MP win, so other than the possibility of a home QF, they don’t have a lot to play for. They are in a bit of a tailspin, and Saracens is one hell of a place to have to go and correct that. A win there would set them up for the rest season, but I cannot see them doing it.

Leave a comment:

• xRedmanx
    replied
    Originally posted by rathbaner View Post

That's a massive incentive for Glasgow, with Sarries already qualified they could be vulnerable, unlike in a knockout QF.
    Saracens are only 4 points clear of Glasgow, which means if they lose, 4-0, 5-1 or 5-0 it will threaten their home quarter final route. Losing at all will almost certainly rule out a home semi. Saracens will aim to win.

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    Originally posted by scotscor View Post
    possibly worth docking England three places two extra for the top 14 1 extra for the CL. Its what the fans want, a more competitive competition
    With an appropriate re-allocation of the money.

Leave a comment:

• rathbaner
    replied
    Originally posted by xRedmanx View Post
    I expect Glasgow to lose away to Saracens, Ulster to win in Leicester, and Toulouse to win at home to Bath. In this case, Glasgow would come last and play Saracens away. It would be between Ulster and Toulouse to come 6th and 7th and play Racing and Leinster. If Toulouse get 5 points but Ulster only get 4, it will come down to points difference, with Toulouse probably topping it. Ulster need a winning BP, or points difference Vs Toulouse, to avoid playing Leinster.

So I expect:
    Saracens v Glasgow
    Racing v Toulouse
    Leinster v Ulster
    Edinburgh v Munster
    That's a massive incentive for Glasgow, with Sarries already qualified they could be vulnerable, unlike in a knockout QF.

Leave a comment:

• scotscor
    replied
    Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post
    Other than issues with who plays who, we have a playoff competition that has 5 teams from a 14 team league with 7 qualifiers, 2 from a 14 team league with 6 qualifiers, and 1 from a 12 team league with 7 qualifiers. Better performance by PRO14, worse by Top14, Permiership remains- despite the Nigel’s best endeavours, trailing badly (again this year). There’s a massive gulf between Saracens/Exeter and wasps, Bath, Leicester, Gloucester, Newcastle- can you imagine how the rest of the premiership would have fared? The irony is that by reducing the number of groups- Premiership teams have been less successful at qualifying for the play offs.
    possibly worth docking England three places two extra for the top 14 1 extra for the CL. Its what the fans want, a more competitive competition

Leave a comment:

• Surveyor
    replied
    Thanks for that Piquet.
    We booked our flights and accommodation for Edinburgh yesterday so you've reassured me about our decision.
    However Ryanair still dont agree and their prices have gone down since yesterday.....get in there lads before they read Piquet's post!!
    Now I just hope Im also right about Edinburgh not playing at home on Sundays.
    Last edited by Surveyor; 15th-January-2019, 21:46.

Leave a comment:

• jagawayagain
    replied
    Other than issues with who plays who, we have a playoff competition that has 5 teams from a 14 team league with 7 qualifiers, 2 from a 14 team league with 6 qualifiers, and 1 from a 12 team league with 7 qualifiers. Better performance by PRO14, worse by Top14, Permiership remains- despite the Nigel’s best endeavours, trailing badly (again this year). There’s a massive gulf between Saracens/Exeter and wasps, Bath, Leicester, Gloucester, Newcastle- can you imagine how the rest of the premiership would have fared? The irony is that by reducing the number of groups- Premiership teams have been less successful at qualifying for the play offs.

Leave a comment:

• xRedmanx
    replied
    I expect Glasgow to lose away to Saracens, Ulster to win in Leicester, and Toulouse to win at home to Bath. In this case, Glasgow would come last and play Saracens away. It would be between Ulster and Toulouse to come 6th and 7th and play Racing and Leinster. If Toulouse get 5 points but Ulster only get 4, it will come down to points difference, with Toulouse probably topping it. Ulster need a winning BP, or points difference Vs Toulouse, to avoid playing Leinster.

So I expect:
    Saracens v Glasgow
    Racing v Toulouse
    Leinster v Ulster
    Edinburgh v Munster

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    At the moment, Munster are like Schroedinger's Cat squared.

They are:
    • In a home QF as Pool winners.
    • In an away QF as Pool winners.
    • In an away QF as Pool Runners up.
    • Out.

Leave a comment:

• Piquet
    replied
    Yes.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X