X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was said somewhere it very rare there Friday QF. Onlybever 2 or something

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterBakery View Post
      As I said yesterday. It was said we will be Saturday early. Due to Celtic vs Rangers Sunday and policing between the 2 cities means they won't both be on the same day
      I’d be delighted with that- but worth noting Hearts v Aberdeen and Livingston v Livingston in Edinburgh at 3 pm that day.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

I’d be delighted with that- but worth noting Hearts v Aberdeen and Livingston v Livingston in Edinburgh at 3 pm that day.
        Livingston v Livingston? My money’s on the draw!
        english by birth

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Possibly an issue but they won't be huge crowds.

Do we think Friday could be in play. There is no precedent as this is 1st year BT have full control

Comment

Originally posted by munster by marriage View Post

The way Livingston are going my money would be on them loosing this one

Comment

UK-based Munster fans are legendary for turning out at matches in England generally - but Scotland is a lot further to travel. That, and the 67,000 capacity stadium that is Murrayfield, could make it difficult for our fans there to make their usual impression. I've been twice for Munster matches, and the venue is awful.
              "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
              Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Takes away the hassle of tickets though...

Comment

Excerpt from Robert Kitson's article in the Guardian ... (emphasis by me)

For the second successive season there is just one English club – Saracens – in the last eight of the Champions Cup, in stark contrast to the Pro14 which boasts no fewer than five representatives including both Scotland’s participants, Edinburgh and Glasgow.

It is the first time two Scottish teams have made the knockout stages and the first time since 2011-12 France and England have collectively contributed only three quarter-finalists. Even before Wasps and Bath succumbed to round-six defeats, it was already a campaign for most to forget.

Four sides – Wasps, Gloucester, Leicester and Newcastle – ended up at the bottom of their pools, with Wales’s teams also with nothing to shout about. The Welsh regions lost 17 of their 24 matches across both competitions and now have no representatives in the knockout stages.

All four Irish provinces, in contrast, have something to look forward to; in this season’s Champions Cup their record against English sides reads P10 W9 D 1 L0, with none of England’s sides winning in Ireland in last season’s tournament either. The argument that the Irish system works better than its English equivalent grows harder to dispute by the day.

How exactly to reverse the tide is something to be debated between now and England’s trip to face Ireland next week in the opening round of the Six Nations. It is certainly indicative of Irish strength in depth that Munster’s Tadhg Beirne, who won another man of the match award against Exeter, is highly unlikely to start against England despite being among the most effective breakdown operators in Europe.
                  Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by munster by marriage View Post

Good call- it’s Livingston vs Hibs. Two ‘local’ derbies, as they’d be seen locally, whether this has any influence on the timing of our game I haven’t the foggiest- and not do I know whether the Glasgow derby is policed solely from Glasgow forces. I’d hope it isn’t Friday night, Murrayfield is a soul-less place at the best of times, so would hope it will be Saturday.
                    Last edited by jagawayagain; 21st-January-2019, 18:17.

Comment

I hear that Leinster are looking for the 5:30 pm match and I think we all know that Racing v Toulouse will be the Sunday game.

​​​​Does that mean we're playing on Friday night?

Comment

As Edinburgh fan I was looking through the forum and thought I’d add my thoughts to this.

The Livi - Hibs game only got about 5k attendance last time and Hearts have played at home previously during the 6 nations, in fact they will be at home when Scotland play Ireland (though against a smaller non league side in the cup). The Old Firm game won’t impact policing in the East other than more transport police at the train stations. It’ll be more interesting how they plan for the Pro 14 final being on the same day as the Scottish Cup final in the same city.

I think the SRU will be gunning for a Saturday game as they will want to break the 37k attendance that showed for the Edinburgh - Toulouse QF and that won’t happen on a Friday night.

Saying that, Sarries will get one of the sat/sun slots as planning permission for Allianz Park does not allow for weekday evening games. (Their website is only showing 30th/31st as prospective dates)

As an exile I’m hoping for Saturday to make it easier to get home but I don’t think that will happen unless the Friday game is ditched and it’s changed to two games on Saturday and two on Sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by Passingthrough View Post
                          As Edinburgh fan I was looking through the forum and thought I’d add my thoughts to this.

The Livi - Hibs game only got about 5k attendance last time and Hearts have played at home previously during the 6 nations, in fact they will be at home when Scotland play Ireland (though against a smaller non league side in the cup). The Old Firm game won’t impact policing in the East other than more transport police at the train stations. It’ll be more interesting how they plan for the Pro 14 final being on the same day as the Scottish Cup final in the same city.

I think the SRU will be gunning for a Saturday game as they will want to break the 37k attendance that showed for the Edinburgh - Toulouse QF and that won’t happen on a Friday night.

Saying that, Sarries will get one of the sat/sun slots as planning permission for Allianz Park does not allow for weekday evening games. (Their website is only showing 30th/31st as prospective dates)

As an exile I’m hoping for Saturday to make it easier to get home but I don’t think that will happen unless the Friday game is ditched and it’s changed to two games on Saturday and two on Sunday.
                          Welcome - and thanks for posting- very helpful to know about the policing etc. I think we’d all be delighted with a Saturday game, and getting more than 37k there would be great- it’ll be fairly desolate otherwise. Have been there at games in the 20s and it felt very odd.

Comment

Whrn will we get official word?

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterBakery View Post
                              Whrn will we get official word?
                              "towards the end of the week" according to the EPRC site.

Comment

The Friday fixtures are very rare, and will be a big two fingers to us Munsterfans who have provided more than our fair share to the competition.

it has only happened previously when it was good Friday and Leinster had one years back.

Comment

Working...
                                X