Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disappointlingly Straightforward

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #61
    At the moment, Munster are hosting Leinster in the Quarter Final.

    This will only stay the same if
    • Leinster foul up royally in Coventry tomorrow, getting no points or getting one and losing by 33. AND
    • Toulouse fail to get a Bonus Point win over Bawth and fail to win by 57.

    Comment


      #62
      Thanks Piquet!

      Comment


        #63
        Working on the assumption that Toulouse BP Bath and Leinster beat Wasps, 3 of the 4 QFs will be between teams from the same pool. That is the case for the challenge cup as well.

        My understanding is that the winner of our QF plays the winner of Saracens V (probably) Ulster. In England if Salaries win, in Ireland (Munster at “home”) if Ulster win.

        Comment


          #64
          Originally posted by Piquet View Post
          At the moment, Munster are hosting Leinster in the Quarter Final.

          This will only stay the same if
          • Leinster foul up royally in Coventry tomorrow, getting no points or getting one and losing by 33. AND
          • Toulouse fail to get a Bonus Point win over Bawth and fail to win by 57.
          Munster could host Toulouse if Toulouse get 4 match points and Leinster get 0. Toulouse could host Munster if they get 5 and Leinster get no more than 1.

          Comment


            #65
            At this point, I think we all need to take a moment to truly appreciate the thread title. Chapeau, Piquet!
            Tis but a scratch.

            Comment


              #66
              If I could correct the mis-spelling I'd agree with you.

              Comment


                #67
                Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                Working on the assumption that Toulouse BP Bath and Leinster beat Wasps, 3 of the 4 QFs will be between teams from the same pool. That is the case for the challenge cup as well.

                My understanding is that the winner of our QF plays the winner of Saracens V (probably) Ulster. In England if Salaries win, in Ireland (Munster at “home”) if Ulster win.
                I wouldn’t be unhappy about a semi against sarries in England- they are nothing like the side they were a few years ago- and behind exeter as an effective premierdhip outfit.

                Comment


                  #68
                  Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

                  I wouldn’t be unhappy about a semi against sarries in England- they are nothing like the side they were a few years ago- and behind exeter as an effective premierdhip outfit.
                  Last time we played them in the semi they outmuscled us up front. I think we’ve shown against Castres and Exeter (and Leinster at Christmas) that we can now go toe-to-toe with any eight in the competition. Our defence is also right up there.

                  Would be a very tight contest but we have the tools to beat them now.

                  Comment


                    #69
                    Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

                    Last time we played them in the semi they outmuscled us up front. I think we’ve shown against Castres and Exeter (and Leinster at Christmas) that we can now go toe-to-toe with any eight in the competition. Our defence is also right up there.

                    Would be a very tight contest but we have the tools to beat them now.
                    I agree, and it’s worth bearing in mind that a very similar Exeter side outmuscled and outplayed saracens a few weeks ago 4 tries to 1- four forwards tries.

                    Comment


                      #70
                      I’m going to go out on a limb here before the Leinster v Wasps match and assume Leinster will win. That would put the results for Irish v English teams in the Champions and Challenge Cups at:
                      P12 W10 D1 L1
                      As a barometer of the respective strengths of each league the Irish teams are 1st, 2nd, 4th and 9th overall in PRO14 while the English teams played against are 1,4,5,6,7 and 8
                      Methinks they doth protest too much when whingeing about the respective leagues and how good they really are.

                      Comment


                        #71
                        Toulouse leading 17_3 at home to bath 2 tries .
                        push for the bp tries and they are away to leinster ,settle for a non bp win and they are away to racing .

                        Comment


                          #72
                          You get the impression Toulouse would rather a visit to Paris
                          That will/would be a cracking game

                          Comment


                            #73
                            Bath just scored try 17 _10 now

                            Comment


                              #74
                              Another bath try 20_17 now to toulouse ,if bath win toulouse go to saracens .
                              4 mins left ,they ha e been so poor today a shadow of the team so far this year

                              Comment


                                #75
                                So the pairings are

                                saracens v glasgow
                                racing v toulouse
                                leinster v ulster
                                edinburgh v munster

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X