Disappointlingly Straightforward

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brain hurts
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Munster will not qualify for anything if:

They get no points tomorrow and Montpellier get two points or more and Toulouse get one or more. If Montpellier get one point, They would have to lose by 14 points fewer than Munster do to put Munster out. If Toulouse get nowt, They would have to lose by 53 points fewer than Munster do to put them out.

They get one point tomorrow and fail to win the Pool and Montpellier get three points or more, Toulouse get two points or more and Ulster get a point or more. As above, if Montpellier get one point, They would have to lose by 14 points fewer than Munster do to put Munster out. If Toulouse get nowt, They would have to lose by 53 points fewer than Munster do to put them out would need to lose and if Ulster get none, they would have to lose by 63 points fewer than Munster do to put Munster out.
      Last edited by Piquet; 18th-January-2019, 13:06.

Comment

Leinster will not qualify for anything if they get nowt in Coventry and fail to win the Pool if all of the following happen:
        • Edinburgh get two points and fail to win their Pool
        • Ulster get three points or more. If Ulster get two points, they would have to overturn Leinster's PD advantage (98-2) to overtake them.
        • Glasgow two points or more. If GLasgow one, they would need to lose by 52 points fewer than Leinster do to overtake them.
        Last edited by Piquet; 18th-January-2019, 13:08.

Comment

Originally posted by xRedmanx View Post

Ulster v Glasgow?? I could be misreading, but if Edinburgh win, Ulster Toulouse and Glasgow will probably all qualify in 2nd place?
          Yes- if MP win, then I think it’s Ulster or Glasgow for the final second place, if Edinburgh win, (and Exeter don’t) then second places would be Toulouse, Glasgow/Ulster.

Comment

10 mins in and nothing separates Edinburgh and montp. A draw would be grand I suppose...

Comment

The Edinburgh 8, mata is a great find and the key to their resurgance on the field

Comment

Montpellier not looking great. Typical french away performance so far.

Comment

JP riding Montpellier IMHO
                  "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Comment

Montpelier converted try just on half time Ed 9 Mon 7

Comment

https://www.munsterfans.com/forum/ir...und-6-jan-2019

Thread for other games set up

Comment

Originally posted by Poncho View Post
                        Montpelier converted try just on half time Ed 9 Mon 7
                        Penalty Mon kicked by Pieenar Mon 10 Ed 9

Comment

Penalty Mon kicked by Pieenar Mon 10 Ed 9
                          Ed now on 20 pool points Munster 17

Comment

Seems surprising that Montpellier now lead in this match. I'd still tip Edinburgh to win it.
                            "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                            Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Montpelier now in front 10-9
                              "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

Ed now on 20 pool points Munster 17
                                Mon now on 20 pool points as it stands

Comment

Working...
                                X