No announcement yet.

Heineken R6) Us V Exeter Chiefs - Saturday 17.30

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As a proud Munster man witnessing some of our greatest moments...i moved to Devon. I took a liking to a growing club which reminded me of ourselves, and went on to witness them win the English prem for the first time. The Chiefs.
    I have since left, and tomorrow travel to Munster, my spiritual home of rugby to give the Chiefs the most ferocious of welcomes.
    As with previous English sides in round 6 that visit TP, they are a genuine threat. If for no other reason but for the honesty and respect with which they have towards us, and Baxter's understanding of how his player's minds work. This makes them potentially the greatest threat yet.
    But....as we know....Munster are a unique force whose spirit and belief has no bounds and have pure quality in spades. If we in the stands do all we can to match that, there is no threat. All it takes is 100% commitment.

Munster Abu!

Comment

Hi. Anyone have a spare ticket for game. Only need one. In Shannon can meet or before game. Thanks

Comment

This week has been something else. Torture! Wednesday was about 3 days long and never mind Monday and Tuesday. I’ll be waiting like a stalker at the computer at 12:00 for the team announcement tomorrow. Not a tap of work will be done. We’re so close but so, so far.
        The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

We will beat these handy if we play any bit ok, we are a better team than them and we have much better individuals. English teams aren't good, oh and it's in Thomond where we haven't lost in a long time. Media are hyping this one a lot because there isn't much happening in the other pools.
          Last edited by Tobyglen; 18th-January-2019, 01:18.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
            More nervous about this upcoming game than the Kingsholm game to be honest.

Looking at the optics)

Munster expected to win
            Exeter top team in England, 10 wins from 12, 51 points
            Exeter can top the pool if they beat us
            Pete all but certain to be out
            munster facing into their 4th if not 5th big game on the hop
            (It's kinda lined up for an upset like)

Just feels more like a banana skin than a run of the mill home victory. These guys are on a level with the other league leaders in Europe to my eye. They play attritional rugby first and foremost, won't give up the yardage that Glos did.

I'd take Exeter extremely seriously. Get your pints into you early saturday, loosen those vocal chords
            But Munster are the better team. Leinster struggled away to Exeter a year ago and probably got a win we didn't deserve. We didn't play well at home either but class told and the win came, and I think the same will happen this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
              We will beat these handy if we play any bit ok, we are a better team than them and we have much better individuals. English teams aren't good, oh and it's in Thomond where we haven't lost in a long time...
              Dangerous thoughts... that’s what all those other teams thought that we beat over the years. They had ‘much better individuals’ on paper too
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

It’s a game of fine margins. It’s only one game tomorrow. But if we lose and go out there will be 30 pages about jvg. Felix. Our centers. Our blunt attack our choice of captain. . If we win then we will rejoice. Hype. Praise jvg. Farrell mania will continue and we will be looking at booking tickets for Newcastle.

Comment

Tis been a long week waiting for this one.

Hope the event lives up to the build up
                  I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by whimpersnap View Post

But Munster are the better team. Leinster struggled away to Exeter a year ago and probably got a win we didn't deserve. We didn't play well at home either but class told and the win came, and I think the same will happen this time.
                    That's the hope anyway Whimpy, as long as Munster get close to the levels of performance over the last three games they've got the goods to maintain the winning ways in Thomond.
                    I am the million man.

Comment

On the Exeter forum. They really don’t post much do they ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post

That's the hope anyway Whimpy, as long as Munster get close to the levels of performance over the last three games they've got the goods to maintain the winning ways in Thomond.
                        Having read the posts across here and on Twitter, I can sense there is, overall, a very cautious confidence in Munster to win with our home-patch being a major advantage, but very much a recognition that this will be a really nervy, tough game against a confident, well-able Chiefs team who are significantly superior to Gloucester.

But if Pete is selected to start, feck all that before, we'll absolutely BAYTE them out the Gates!

Comment

https://munsterrugby.ie/preview/team...-exeter-clash/

Munster: Mike Haley; Andrew Conway, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; Joey Carbery, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Tadhg Beirne; Peter O’Mahony (C), Tommy O’Donnell, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Rhys Marshall, Jeremy Loughman, Stephen Archer, Billy Holland, Arno Botha, Alby Mathewson, Tyler Bleyendaal, Dan Goggin.

He's fit!

Comment

Head Coach Johann van Graan has made just one change to his Munster side that defeated Gloucester last weekend for Saturday’s crucial Champions Cup clash against Exeter Chiefs at Thomond Park (5.30pm).

Tighthead prop John Ryan replaces Stephen Archer with captain Peter O’Mahony named in the starting XV.

Conor Murray makes his 50th Champions Cup appearance just over seven years on from making his competition debut against Northampton Saints in the famous 23-21 victory at Thomond Park in November 2011.

The match is completely sold-out with additional seating installed at both ends of the ground to boost the capacity of Thomond Park to 26,267.

Mike Haley starts at full-back with Andrew Conway and Keith Earls on the wings.

Rory Scannell and Chris Farrell form the centre partnership with Murray and Joey Carbery in the half-backs.

Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell and Ryan pack down in the front row with Jean Kleyn and Tadhg Beirne in the engine room.

O’Mahony, Tommy O’Donnell and CJ Stander make up the Munster back row.

Munster: Mike Haley; Andrew Conway, Chris Farrell, Rory Scannell, Keith Earls; Joey Carbery, Conor Murray; Dave Kilcoyne, Niall Scannell, John Ryan; Jean Kleyn, Tadhg Beirne; Peter O’Mahony (C), Tommy O’Donnell, CJ Stander.

Replacements: Rhys Marshall, Jeremy Loughman, Stephen Archer, Billy Holland, Arno Botha, Alby Mathewson, Tyler Bleyendaal, Dan Goggin.
                            Last edited by theghost; 18th-January-2019, 11:51.

Comment

them

CHIEFS SIDE TO FACE MUNSTER

15 Jack Nowell
                              14 Santiago Cordero
                              13 Henry Slade
                              12 Ollie Devoto
                              11 Tom O’Flaherty
                              10 Joe Simmonds
                              9 Nic White
                              1 Alec Hepburn
                              2 Jack Yeandle (capt)
                              3 Harry Williams
                              4 Dave Dennis
                              5 Jonny Hill
                              6 Sam Skinner
                              7 Don Armand
                              8 Matt Kvesic

16 Luke Cowan-Dickie
                              17 Ben Moon
                              18 Greg Holmes
                              19 Mitch Lees
                              20 Sean Lonsdale
                              21 Jack Maunder
                              22 Gareth Steenson
                              23 Ian Whitten

Comment

With POM starting, it's time to lump on Munster at 2/5. Gowan Munster!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X