No announcement yet.

Heineken R6) Us V Exeter Chiefs - Saturday 17.30

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Exeter have kicked and scrapped and scraped their way to the top of English rugby, in spite of the English rugby establishment putting every imaginable obstacle in their way. They were superb today but Munster were a tiny bit better. Munster showed today they have what it takes to win this thing this year. A fantastic game of rugby.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
      And that, ladies and gentlemen, is why Exeter have kicked and scrapped and scraped their way to the top of English rugby, in spite of the English rugby establishment putting every imaginable obstacle in their way. They were superb today but Munster were a tiny bit better. Munster showed today they have what it takes to win this thing this year. A fantastic game of rugby.
      Precisely TPP !
      "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
      Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post

they turned down a very scorable one at 3-7 and then on 42 min turned down another one down . You can argue about different sequences of play all u like ,if thats your point then exeter could have scored a try off one of those. Im talking about their decision making in a tight game where they needed 4 points and win by more than 7
        Agree, I couldn’t believe they didn’t kick them

Comment

Originally posted by MOS View Post
          Who is this dopey ****ing woman from channel 4 “helping” with commentary. Jesus what a dose.
          Can’t agree, I thought she was very good. And when she got something wrong as is bound to happen she had the humility to laugh at herself. She and David Flatman were excellent.

Comment

Vyle was on bt. In fairness I thought he was definitely cheering on Munster.

Comment

Originally posted by Corcíoch View Post
              While some areas were poor......Exeter could still be running at us and not score.

Defence was excellent. Effort was excellent.
              Easy to say now.
              But it didn't feel that way for about 80 minutes.
              We got lucky a few times.
              And yes our defense was outstanding especially in the last quarter.
              Stay cool .None of us are in the brain trust,right!

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

Can’t agree, I thought she was very good. And when she got something wrong as is bound to happen she had the humility to laugh at herself. She and David Flatman were excellent.
                I think MOS was trying to set up a joke about Heaslip with that post.

Anyway, I agree she was good. Generally made inciteful comments when she chipped in. I don’t mind Heaslip either TBH. He’s quite enthusiastic and seems to get into the game. A lot more enjoyable to listen to than somebody like EOS.

Comment

ref gave them at least 3 penaties which should have been ours, garces had a mini shocker

Comment

No, Garces was Garces... And when I think about Ruiz in the Ulster game, I come to the thought that the way french refs do their lazy job has something to do with the poor level of the bumping game that's played here... I was nearly nostalgic for Poite, today...
                    "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

I think a match like that will stand to us in the long run. That felt like a cup final, none of the other top teams in the competition had to cope with a pack like that and we got the better of them over two games. The mistakes were due to huge pressure from both sides and they rarely looked like scoring in the second half either.

Comment

Originally posted by Heisenberg View Post
                        ref gave them at least 3 penaties which should have been ours, garces had a mini shocker
                        He made some peculiar calls to be sure.
                        In one ruck that he pinged us for holding on, you could clearly see an Exeter player with hand's on the ball when on the ground.
                        Stay cool .None of us are in the brain trust,right!

Comment

Come on Munster fans. That was a victory. It was a knock-out cup tie. It was not the time for unnecessary risky plays that we didn’t need. The only thing needed was a victory, and that was achieved. I can’t understand the critics on here. We won. Onward and upward. Edinburgh beware.
                          "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                          Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Well it wasn't pretty but we did enough to grind out a win and secure top slot in our pool. Looking forward to the qf now.
                            Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

We won a game today that we probably should have lost against a very good side. Exeter’s lack of experience in Europe showed today.

They will be back and they will be better because of today.

Meanwhile we are still at the races and will fancy our chances of beating Edinburgh in the quarters if that is how things work out. After that who knows? I do not believe Saracens and Leinster are as good as they have been in recent times and both are beatable but we would want to play a bit better than we did today.

Comment

Finally on the road home after sitting in traffic for nearly an hour. What a result! That was war. Unbelievably physical and the game was the forwards battering the crap out of each other for 80 minutes. I'm not sure if this was shown on tv but when the ball went out of play on the 80th minute, before the ref had even blown the whistle, a couple of players collapsed to the floor, exhausted. These are the games that count, the ones that will stand to us. Attritional rugby where we were behind for so much of the match but pulled it out of the bag at the end. Well done lads. Fantastic atmosphere as welll and I thought the Exeter supporters were brilliant. This was typical knock out, cup rugby. Delighted with that!
                                The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Working...
                                X