No announcement yet.

Heineken R6) Us V Exeter Chiefs - Saturday 17.30

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munster have won our tough group by SEVEN clear points. Respect.

"I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
    Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

We were very error prone with the ball, partly down to them, partly just sloppiness and poor decision making from us.

That said, when facing a team with that line speed, why the feck don’t we have a few more strike plays that get the ball out the back to Farrell coming at pace. Give him a bit of room and he’ll get you gainline every time. Our pack normally get us going forward but when they meet their match like today, we need other tactics using our danger men out wide.

Comment

Tomas o Leary has to be the most Munster biased pundit ever.

‘Never under pressure. Looked comfortable. Were never going to lose the match ‘

lol

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post

Haley was a disaster in my opinion
          Wouldn’t say disaster - he was ok under the high ball and made his tackles - but he doesn’t really add enough for me. A few weeks back we saw Conway tearing it up from 15. I want to see more of that.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post

lol
            Didn’t hear him say that but that’s gas Clearly not true!!

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post

lol
              He reminds me of Frankie Sheehan !!
              If a man tried to take his time on earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, I wonder what would happen to this world

Comment

While we really struggled at times out there and we were hanging on at times. We still looked good in defence and if Exeter were there for another 80 i dont think we would have conceded. For that reason i'm really proud of how we stood up out there in the heat of battle.. Delighted.

Comment

Originally posted by macca1983 View Post

Didn’t hear him say that but that’s gas Clearly not true!!
                  TOL quote...."Leinster or Saracens are probably the favourites but none of them will want to draw Munster in the knock out stages" he must be getting well paid for spouting such ****e.
                  If a man tried to take his time on earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, I wonder what would happen to this world

Comment

Dunno if I have to thank Mr Dry January... On one side, I would have emptied all what I have at home, on the other side, staying clear did not spare the stiffling tension I suffered during nearly one an half hour.
                    I wrote I I hoped we would not regret the BP we let on the road against Castres in TP because the Chiefs of january are not the same as they were in the first game. They are the masters of the AP and produce a permanent game. And despite we all know how they play, we fed them all the game with silly kicks, lot of turn-arounds and lost balls. Limerick and whole Munster had to face to a permanent blue tide coming from Devonshire. But the tide broke herself on a ferocious hard wall. Do not remember when I saw how the guys stood so together, so compact, so detemined. The level of intensity was huge and the game stiffling. We were good in the fight for the ball, especially in the scrums, but the clown in yellow refused to reward our pack. BUt we were awful in the use of the ball, slow, complicated, headless.
                    Surely is the satisfaction to go out a pool with the last Top14 champion, one of the two dominating teams in England and the fourth of the AP, but I do not remember too when Munster played a game having all in all ONE occasion of try in the whole game... We went out through the backdoor, but the outstanding performance of our defense and the iron will of the guys tell me how the qualification is deserved at the end.
                    Now we will have to go back to Embra, a team with a great volume of play and a lot of intentions. They are somewhere some kind of Chiefs clone, promising a game like today. Last year I thought they had the best chances to win the Challenge Cup, but they failed in the home straight against the Blues. Up to the Reds to do the same in march, allowing Munster a game "at home" if I follow the complex rules of the EPCR.
                    Anyway, gwan Munster. And f...k off Mr Dry January!
                    "To be energetic and self-sufficing is to be happy; but while one desire remains in the heart happiness may not come there. For to desire is to be incomplete: it is the badge of dependence, the signal of unhappiness, and to be freed from that is to be freed from every fetter that can possibly be forged." (James Stephens, Deirdre)

Comment

Couldnt understand exeter turning down kickable pens (2) in first half , could an possibly should have led 6_13 at ht .
                      didnt think haley was as poor as some are saying ,only criticism is carrying ball into contact ,he covered well defensively and was good under high ball.
                      a weird game really ,compelling viewing but quality wise it was poor offensively from both teams. Going to be some sore bodies after today .

Comment

While some areas were poor......Exeter could still be running at us and not score.

Defence was excellent. Effort was excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
                          Couldnt understand exeter turning down kickable pens (2) in first half , could an possibly should have led 6_13 at ht .
                          didnt think haley was as poor as some are saying ,only criticism is carrying ball into contact ,he covered well defensively and was good under high ball.
                          a weird game really ,compelling viewing but quality wise it was poor offensively from both teams. Going to be some sore bodies after today .
                          They needed to win with 7 points and there did not kick for penalty.

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
                            Nonsense. One of the kickable penalties, had they scored, would have led to a totally different sequence of plays. You can’t say it could have been 13-6.
                            "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                            Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Lads thisnwas the exception I hope. We left our skills in dressing room.
                              Performed very well defensively but not great attacking. Give Exeter credit they threw it all at us and were better team. Peter was no way 100% too so we gambled there.
                              and if ever we needed proof of Billy being a valuable squad player the last 2 weeks have showed. He really settled us when he came on and took over the talking too.

Don't get the slating of Haley he was solid enough but all our backs seemed iffy. Conway made awful decisions at times too but it just seemed tobe 1 of those nights.
                              Murray was awful and it really hurt rest outside.
                              Joey was getting scraps but the boy really is getting to like being cool und err pressure and Farrell really throws his weight around defensively

Comment

Originally posted by blackwarrior View Post

Nonsense. One of the kickable penalties, had they scored, would have led to a totally different sequence of plays. You can’t say it could have been 13-6.
                                they turned down a very scorable one at 3-7 and then on 42 min turned down another one down . You can argue about different sequences of play all u like ,if thats your point then exeter could have scored a try off one of those. Im talking about their decision making in a tight game where they needed 4 points and win by more than 7

Comment

Working...
                                X