No announcement yet.

Heineken R6) Us V Exeter Chiefs - Saturday 17.30

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A dogged brutal defensive game riddled with mistakes but **** me we can battle , in the quarter finals,who knows how we will do but we are there and thats all that counts right now

Comment

Beirne Man of the Match

Comment

Brilliant brilliant brilliant Munster. Dogged it out. Exeter were worthy opposition. One of the great wins tonight. Let’s celebrate it.
        "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
        Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Well that was fun!

Arno and Billy huge off the bench. All of them were massive in defence in fact. Had to be because we just decided we didn’t want the ball for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by dsennah View Post
            Beirne is ridiculously good. Impressed with Haley as well this evening.
            Haley was a disaster in my opinion

Comment

Once more, I'm reminded of the Fu-Fu bird.

Mrs Piquet remarks that none of them, well few of them, are smiling.

Riqhtly so.

Comment

What a game ,fair play to both teams.

Comment

B holland with big cameo.

We are so so poor attacking wise, we couldn't even put together a few phases. We mauled way too much against a team that have the best maul in Europe. If Exeter didnt need tries they wouldn't have turning down all those kickable pens. That performance shows that we just aren't learning considering we have an explosive back line.

Fair play to Carberry, great kick under pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by RichardP View Post

Haley was a disaster in my opinion
                    Got ripped a few times in contact .

Comment

Originally posted by DABOSS View Post
                      We may not have had much in attack today (I blame to much kicking) but our defence has been huge.
                      I think that's part of the game plan. You can only do the kicking game when you know your defense is perfect and that is what it was today.

Also fair play to Exeter. Never before I've seen a team playing such Munster like.

Comment

No plan B when needed, coaches have no clue, lack of tries too, it's difficult to see Munster advance to the semi final after that display.
                        If a man tried to take his time on earth and prove before he died what one man's life could be worth, I wonder what would happen to this world

Comment

One of the best defenses we've played in God knows how long... Incredible performance from Exeter, my nerves are toast but delighted
                          Its life, if your not doing it wrong your not doing it right.

Comment

In the words of the Duke of Wellington.
                            A damn close run thing.
                            Stay cool .None of us are in the brain trust,right!

Comment

I think to be fair the situation before the game affected the game. Exeter had nothing to lose so nerves were not a factor. We could lose but not by more than 7 and that’s why I thought they were the early aggressor. We seem to sit back and basically grind it out over the 80. If we needed a win it might have been a different game.

A lot lot including myself were questioning jp. Yes niebar was good but we have the best defense in Europe on paper and kept them scoreless for 70 mins. Well done.

We won’t face that grunt in Edinburgh but to go further we are going to need a better game plan.

Comment

That was stressful and not an enjoyable watch at all hardly. Few minutes early on and relief when things went our way later on

​Defensive lineout we had at about 70 Minutes or so in which Holland stole after coming on pitch was absolutely massive. Huge risk putting two up in the air on the on 5m line. 2 in air and 4 lifters so no tackle on their jumpers . Probable try conceded if we hadnt stolen it. Massive massive moment in game.​​​​​​ They'd have probably been ripped apart had it gone wrong

Haley was giving me heart attacks but hes not exactly experienced. Many others made mistakes and don't have that excuse. Hopefully that's their mistake ridden headless chicken game out of their system.
                                "Some people don't know their easy lives... I wouldn't be so ungrateful" - Fiacre Ryan - #AutismAndMe

Comment

Working...
                                X