19th-January-2019 17:30
    Ends
    19th-January-2019 19:30
    I am the million man.

This is it.

Comment

Exeter are unbeatable

Comment

Can’t wait. Going to be a huge battle. Exeter are well capable of winning against top teams away from home. Munster are in their best form in years, albeit with Peter unlikely to be fit - still, we beat an almost full strength Leinster without him a few weeks ago.

Winner takes all. Do or die. Hugely fancied English top team, coming to Thomond on a January Saturday evening. Sound familiar?

It doesn’t get better or bigger than this.

Munster Abu
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

We should be ok. I don’t think a Toulon in their pomp or even a saracrens two years ago would come to tp and get a 4 nil or s 5 1 on this team. It happened once before in December 2015 when tigers beat 4-0 us but we were a shambles that night and that season

Comment

Unpacked bag..stuck in washing machine..in dryer now.Pack bag tomorrow.
            Downloaded Boarding card..printed match ticket..eat honey all week to tempt voice back.
            Will be ready and fired up for Saturday...CMON MUNSTER

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

Nothing better then a must win match. BRING IT ON
              Excellence is hard to keep quite - Sherrie Coale

Comment

Good that Edinburgh v. Montpellier is on Friday night, if Montpellier win we will be playing for 4th. place and a 'Home' Q-Final. so many permutations but bottom line is on current form we will win.

Comment

More nervous about this upcoming game than the Kingsholm game to be honest.

Looking at the optics)

Munster expected to win
                  Exeter top team in England, 10 wins from 12, 51 points
                  Exeter can top the pool if they beat us
                  Pete all but certain to be out
                  munster facing into their 4th if not 5th big game on the hop
                  (It's kinda lined up for an upset like)

Just feels more like a banana skin than a run of the mill home victory. These guys are on a level with the other league leaders in Europe to my eye. They play attritional rugby first and foremost, won't give up the yardage that Glos did.

I'd take Exeter extremely seriously. Get your pints into you early saturday, loosen those vocal chords
                  I am the million man.

Comment

Going to Glos this weekend I was very nervous. Based on past few weeks expecting a result but still fierce nervous. Sitting ( and dancing) in the stand watching that performance was exhilarating. Now we have to do it all over again. And it’s a must win game. We can’t be looking at a losing bonus etc. Nervous is not the word and still 6 days to go.
                    However since we played in Exeter the team has really come together and things seem to be clicking. Add to that Murray, Farrell and Earls who weren’t available that day and a much strengthened bench and my gut tells me we are good enough to do what needed. POM will be a loss though

Comment

Munster have performed at a very high level in their last three outings. Leinster home. Connacht away . Glos, away. Much happier that we have those three accounted for and you feel with the personnel we have we are playing at the kind of level needed. We are well capable of getting a result on saturday. Will we do it i think so.

+

Comment

Munster will win but the home QF is dependent on Montpellier beating Embra. Team wise, TOD 6 and Cloete7 (if fit) is some option. Hopefully O’Connor can be ready but Loughman has been excellent imho.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
                          Munster will win but the home QF is dependent on Montpellier beating Embra. Team wise, TOD 6 and Cloete7 (if fit) is some option. Hopefully O’Connor can be ready but Loughman has been excellent imho.
                          Fineen or Arno at 6 for me
                          keep cloete for the last half hour and let him drive them to insanity

Big week for the coaches and senior group, managing the mindset and the approach to the game.

One of my favorite weeks of the year, January is a tight month but a humdinger of a pool match under lights is always a highlight

Viva La Rojo Brigada!
                          I am the million man.

Comment

TBH, we can go with our strongest available option at 7, be that TOD or Cloete, and choose between Holland or Wycherley as the starting 6. Obviously Fineen's not as experienced as POM or Billy, but he's shown he can perform on the big occasion and he's clearly managed to rein in the more reckless tendencies of last season while not losing any of his innate aggression. I had been disappointed not to see him involved in at least one of our last two games, but in their aftermath I also can't deny how good Holland's been - he demonstrated on Friday that he's a lot more than a makeweight option at this level and is in a rich vein of form. Either way, POM''s absence is nowhere as serious a blow as it might have been at e.g. this point a couple of years ago. We're in a position where we lose out on fielding our captain and one of our Lions, yet still have a selection headache all across the back row.
                            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Arno has to be 6 if POM is out imho, Connacht game aside he's been doing the business all year and is a major physical threat which will keep Exeter honest.
                              "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Working...
                              X