No announcement yet.

Munster "A" news, games etc general thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone have any thoughts on Peter Malone as coach? All those subs have been abject failure. Can see what he was thinking making so many changes at once.

Comment

Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post
      That Eoin O'Connor has a whiff of the Toner's about him - he's like a baby giraffe. Hope he can become as good
      He's still only 18 AFAIK
      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Munster try!

Edit: conversion missed 26-15
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

He's still only 18 AFAIK
          Think he got the charge down try there. Must be a great feeling for at 18 year old. Fair play to him

Comment

And Leinster get in for another after poor defending from us right at the death.

edit: and the conversion goes over off the upright 26-22. Full time, Munster win
            Last edited by Waterfordlad; 11th-January-2019, 15:44.

Comment

Game over 26 - 22

Comment

Originally posted by highfield View Post
                Anyone have any thoughts on Peter Malone as coach? All those subs have been abject failure. Can see what he was thinking making so many changes at once.
                Coaching a team is a different skill to developing players and preparing them for pro-rugby. Not sure he is top of the class for either to be honest. I'd like us to have a proper director of rugby. Pity Kidney went to LI. He seemed to be doing a good job in expanding the quality of the sports programme in UCC. Would be good to have him back in an oversight role for player development.

Comment

I can;t help feel the same. Connaught seem to be doing a much better job in academy but hard to know from my computer.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

He's still only 18 AFAIK
                    Would have to be as was under 18 last season. not 19 for few months afaik

Great to see him getting on the scoresheet.

Comment

Originally posted by highfield View Post
                      I can;t help feel the same. Connaught seem to be doing a much better job in academy but hard to know from my computer.
                      I agree- but from an even greater distance- a guy like Kidney would have been an ideal overseer - watched it on the link (thanks Munster rugby)- shame we didn’t kick in from where we were at half time- but great to see guys back and some very fresh faces.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Five View Post

Two excellent second row prospects in Eoin O'Connor and Thomas Ahern coming though. Both products of the club system down in Waterford which is great to see.

And theres Paddy Kelly, an U19 who I think might be involved with the Ireland U20 squad.

​​​​

Comment

The usual suspects played well. Coombes, Johnston, ROM, Cronin etc.

I thought McHenry was excellent also throughout the game. He made a lot of yards as well as scoring the try and he passed well.

Comment

Tis on youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AX6guxshVkU

Comment

Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post

Is Ahern injured? I haven't heard a word about him for the As or senior club
                              Sorry AFH, only seeing this now. I think he is yeah, he wasn't involved with the u19's in the IP's or against the Aussie Schools side at the end of November either.
                              forti et fideli nihil difficile

Comment

Working...
                              X