Munster "A" news, games etc general thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Munster "A" news, games etc general thread

Looked but could not find a thread dealing with Munster "A" games .
    playing Leinster tomorrow at 2pm in Thomond Park...................................FREE ENTRY too

game streamed LIVE on link below for anybody interested.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Munster...os?app=desktop
    team below

The Munster A side has been named for Friday’s Interpro clash against Leinster at Thomond Park (January 11, 2pm, free entry).

The Munster A side has been named for Friday’s Interpro clash against Leinster at Thomond Park (January 11, 2pm, free entry).
    The game will be streamed live on Munster Rugby’s Youtube channel, you can subscribe here.
    A mix of senior, Academy and club players have been named in the Munster squad with Kevin O’Byrne captaining the side.
    Alex Wootton starts at full-back with Calvin Nash and Ronan O’Mahony on the wings completing a senior back three.
    Academy duo Alex McHenry and Matt More team up in the centres.
    Senior players Neil Cronin and Bill Johnston are named in the half-backs.
    Liam O’Connor makes his first appearance in a Munster jersey since sustaining an injury in PRO14 action back in November 2017 with O’Byrne and Ciaran Parker completing the front row.
    Academy man Sean O’Connor and senior player Darren O’Shea partner up in the engine room.
    Cork Constitution’s David Hyland, senior player Conor Oliver and Academy no.8 Gavin Coombes complete the side.
    Senior players Mike Sherry and Ian Keatley are among the replacements along with the Academy’s Keynan Knox, Jack Stafford and Liam Coombes.
    UCC duo Shane O’Hanlon and John Hodnett are also named in the squad along with Waterpark RFC’s Eoin O’Connor.
    Munster: Alex Wootton; Calvin Nash, Matt More, Alex McHenry, Ronan O’Mahony; Bill Johnston, Neil Cronin; Liam O’Connor, Kevin O’Byrne (C), Ciaran Parker; Sean O’Connor, Darren O’Shea; David Hyland, Conor Oliver, Gavin Coombes.
    Replacements: Mike Sherry, Shane O’Hanlon, Keynan Knox, Eoin O’Connor, John Hodnett, Jack Stafford, Ian Keatley, Liam Coombes.
    Leinster: Rob Russell; Gavin Mullin, Jimmy O’Brien, David Hawkshaw, Tommy O’Brien; Harry Byrne, Patrick Patterson; Peter Dooley, Ronan Kelleher (C), Vakh Abdaladze; Oisín Dowling, Josh Murphy; Martin Moloney, Scott Penny, Ronan Watters.
    Replacements: Daniel Sheehan, Michael Milne, Jack Aungier, Brian Deeney, Cian Prendergast, Cormac Foley, Liam Turner, Hugo Conway.

Still there's a light I hold before me
    You're the measure of my dreams
    The measure of my dreams.

We never adequately advertise these games i would love to attend

Comment

Was in thread about the A games that are on in states in few months time....
      We do advertise them fairly well galinka tbh. Quite a few are arranged late enough so a few webposts and social media is generally good enough. What more would you want?

Comment

Delighted for Eoin O’Connor. Came up through Waterpark from U6s on, great lad
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Live streaming! That’s excellent- well done Munster- hope I can get it on the train as I head to Gloucester. Very very interesting looking team, some very welcome returns to the red jersey, and there will be plenty of auditions for places against Dragons and over the 6N weeks- big games for a few lads and wish them all the best. Thanks Waterfordlad for the note about Eoin O Connor, great to see guys like this coming through.

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
            Was in thread about the A games that are on in states in few months time....
            We do advertise them fairly well galinka tbh. Quite a few are arranged late enough so a few webposts and social media is generally good enough. What more would you want?
            I know they are last minute- but we used to have great regular updates about academy a players playing for clubs (thanks Giggsy) etc- a standing A thread would be a better way of organising this than under a heading about a one off game in the states.

Comment

Munster seem to have far more senior players playing than Leinster.
              ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
              AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

I know they are last minute- but we used to have great regular updates about academy a players playing for clubs (thanks Giggsy) etc- a standing A thread would be a better way of organising this than under a heading about a one off game in the states.
                Keep an eye on the not-so-Dead Site. They provide a lot of this info now under Academy news and in squad updates. No need for somebody to have to post it here too.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
                  Munster seem to have far more senior players playing than Leinster.
                  Shur their Espoirs are more than a match for our A team. #conveyorbelt

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                    Delighted for Eoin O’Connor. Came up through Waterpark from U6s on, great lad

I saw him play a few times. Looks like an academy prospect.
                    ​​​​​​Some good underage locks coming through now which is good news.

Comment

Originally posted by dropkick View Post

I saw him play a few times. Looks like an academy prospect.
                      ​​​​​​Some good underage locks coming through now which is good news.
                      Two excellent second row prospects in Eoin O'Connor and Thomas Ahern coming though. Both products of the club system down in Waterford which is great to see.
                      forti et fideli nihil difficile

Comment

Great break by McHenry there

Comment

First try to Munster in the corner after a nifty break and hand off. Converted for 7-0.
                          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by Scrum Five View Post

Two excellent second row prospects in Eoin O'Connor and Thomas Ahern coming though. Both products of the club system down in Waterford which is great to see.
                            Is Ahern injured? I haven't heard a word about him for the As or senior club

Comment

7-3, Leinster penalty in front of posts.
                              Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Working...
                              X