Gloucester vs Munster - Heineken Cup R5 - Friday January 11th @ 19:45

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lonstonitis View Post
    Botha was poor last week but has been good, very good in some games, before that. Wycherley was good in one game but management see him every day and are far more qualified than anyone outside of the organisation to make that call. I feel the same about Bill J when I see him play, I'm mad to see him start the next game but JVG and co know when a player is ready or not for a game and what player suits a certain game plan better. If Munster are being dominated in the backrow I would feel more assured seeing Botha coming on than Wycherley.
    Both Botha's high profile mistakes (that I remember) were down to Farrell (Connacht) who ripped the ball off him and scored and then 5 minutes later held off Botha's clearout - were there any others?.
    ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
    AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

Botha has a lot of experience, plus is Munster’s top carrier this season to date (104 carries).
      He does but I'd have liked to see Wycherly probably because he's young, talented and home grown.
      He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Absolutely buzzing after hearing our team. That's about as near to full strength as we are likely to see. Cronin and Cloete would be involved bar injury probably JOD too but we're at full strength for all intents and purposes.

We also found some decent attacking form v Connaught - getting a bonus pt win there was massive for our confidence.

If we are getting near the top again as I believe we are then we will be putting away sides like Gloucester with a bit to spare.

I expect a great performance from us and a convincing win - Can't wait for tomorrow evening.

Comment

Originally posted by The Yak View Post
          Absolutely buzzing after hearing our team. That's about as near to full strength as we are likely to see. Cronin and Cloete would be involved bar injury probably JOD too but we're at full strength for all intents and purposes.

We also found some decent attacking form v Connaught - getting a bonus pt win there was massive for our confidence.

If we are getting near the top again as I believe we are then we will be putting away sides like Gloucester with a bit to spare.

I expect a great performance from us and a convincing win - Can't wait for tomorrow evening.
          Joey the feet and Tadgh have been a game changer this season. But I wouldn't underestimate Glaws. I expect a narrow Munster win but a losing bonus point will probably be enough to win the group - assuming Exeter are beaten next week.
          ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
          AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Going to watch our away to Northampton match later on YouTube to get me in the mood. We smashed them in England that day 50 plus points. That look on hartleys face getting spanked. Foden getting broken in half. Munster fans winding up Dorian west too in the crowd.

Comment

I don't understand Archer being picked over Ryan

Comment

Not a comment yet on the ref so far. Mr poite. He was unkind to us in the past early in his career but I think we definitely know how to manage him these days

Comment

Originally posted by Chucky_112 View Post
                  I don't understand Archer being picked over Ryan
                  hard to say really, got to trust the management I guess, maybe hes carrying a knock. discipline and set pieces are going to be key tomorrow evening , if we get on the wrong side of mr poite it could be a long evening. you never change a refs mind by backchat and the Gloucester crowd will be as intense as we are at home so leadership in the group is vital.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post

If two lions are bossed by that motley crew of a back row.i give up
                    mostert Ludlow and morgan are hardly motley , have you seen them play, all good players , in fairness haven't seen them together but all very capable of big performances

Comment

I'm glad Farrell is starting but I'm not as full of the joys as others here. Niall was better the last day but has been poor enough for the last three months, Archer and Ryan have both been solid for the last 18 months but hardly dominant. Rhys is just back, and Loughman while playing well is still just a young fellow. Not sure that Billy is at his best and Jean hasn't reached the level of the last two seasons since his return.

Delighted TOD is starting and he was great at the weekend, and as has been said the excellent Tadgh compliments him hugely, but he is only just back from a long injury.

Murray generally hasn't been great since he has been back (or to be fair at the tail end of last season), Joey was poor in his last away pressure match, Scans has been poor this season, and I'd prefer Sweets or Wooten over Haley.

I think there are a large chunk of our team who really havent been at top form, hopefully that all started to change last weekend and will continue for the next 4 months.

Apart from all that though I think its a great squad.

Seven social sins: politics without principles, wealth without work, pleasure without conscience, knowledge without character, commerce without morality, science without humanity, and worship without sacrifice

Comment

We’re doomed....
                        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Just copped Rhys Marshall is on the bench. Nice one. Cipriani is a big boost to glaws
                          forti et fideli nihil difficile

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post
                            We haven’t a hope. Cipriani is the best OH in the world.
                            You might even go as far as to say with him at 10 they are UNBEATABLE

Comment

If Cipriani played the miracle match. Glaws would have have won by 27 points. We are doomed. Be surprised if we show up at all to the stadium tomorrow.

Comment

Romain Poite is on the blower
                                forti et fideli nihil difficile

Comment

Working...
                                X