No announcement yet.

Gloucester vs Munster - Heineken Cup R5 - Friday January 11th @ 19:45

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen Mostert play and he is clearly highly regarded but not all second-rowers move to #6 successfully when they are up against POM. Lawes for England is an example, although maybe Mostert is that much better than Lawes ?

Comment

great to see chris Farrell named ,hopefully he is fully fit , If not he shouldn't start, KOB will be disappointed not to be on bench id say but hopefully marshall when called on hits his throws . lineout has looked a bit suspect to me in last few games bar the last one which was big improvement. clean ball off lineout and ruck is going to be crucial here, expect us to kick any points on offer and hope its a better return on that front than the castres game where we misfired. Gloucester on a Friday night is one to savour , old rivals should be a cracker ,enjoy it anyone who is travelling and here's hoping for a win

Comment

Originally posted by coolbawn View Post
        I haven't seen Mostert play and he is clearly highly regarded but not all second-rowers move to #6 successfully when they are up against POM. Lawes for England is an example, although maybe Mostert is that much better than Lawes ?
        Imagine a thinner Donnacha Ryan with Quinnies or Axels grit

I'd be a very happy man if he was a munster player
        I am the million man.

Comment

With Mostert and Grobler starting for them, plus the fact that prior to last week our own lineout hadn't been functioning that well, plus the fact that Marshall is back after a long-ish layoff and may be slightly rusty, I really hope we manage to hold our own in that department. All that plus undoubtedly a grudge about Cipriani's red card in TP means this game is set up to be a real hammer & tongs affair.
          Love it.
          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post
            We when

When you have an all black on the bench you know your in a good place
            and 2 NZ under 20s.
            ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
            AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by Redcafe1 View Post

Comes down to line out calling I would say - it was prob more between Arno and Fineen for the bench position.
              I’d expect him to travel- and playing away in a critical game is for guys with experience - Fineen will get there, and soon, just not yet.

Comment

We haven’t a hope. Cipriani is the best OH in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                  Fineen has an amazing game against Leinster, no doubt, but he hasn’t the experience of the others yet and has been prone to getting carded in the past. JvG might be easing him into first team rugby. Just a thought

Would you drop TOD or Arno for him?
                  I'd have given him the nod on the bench. Botha was poor IMO last weekend.
                  He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

From the Glaws match preview:

Match Facts

Munster have won each of their last five meetings with Gloucester Rugby, those victories all coming by more than 12 points.

Munster’s last six away games have all been decided by single figure margins, with their record evenly split in that period, winning twice, drawing twice and losing twice.

Gloucester Rugby have won six of their eight European Cup games when hosting Irish opposition (L2), however, their two defeats have both come against Munster.

Munster have stolen 10 lineouts this season, more than any other side after four rounds of action.

Munster’s Peter O’Mahony has stolen five lineouts this season, more than any other player and one more than Gloucester’s Gerbrandt Grobler who has stolen the second most (4, level with Ben Toolis of Edinburgh). O’Mahony has conceded the most penalties to date (9)
                    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Really looking forward to this now. GG starting with Cipriani. Farrell giving the all clear, after it sounded like he’d be out for a while again. Huge game qualification on the line.
                      "The PRO12 is our domestic league, it's what you earn your bread and butter from; it's what pays the bills. We need to broaden our emphasis and get an understanding in Irish rugby that the domestic league from now on is most important and that's what qualifies you now for Europe.'' Garrett Fitzgerald, CEO Munster

Comment

Unbelievable news on Farrell, thrilled for him because it sounded ominous. Just hope he's eased back and not flogged for the next 2 games because he is crucial to how we play and we can't afford to do without him in April/May

Comment

Originally posted by redherring View Post

I'd have given him the nod on the bench. Botha was poor IMO last weekend.
                          Botha has a lot of experience, plus is Munster’s top carrier this season to date (104 carries).

"There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Botha was poor last week but has been good, very good in some games, before that. Wycherley was good in one game but management see him every day and are far more qualified than anyone outside of the organisation to make that call. I feel the same about Bill J when I see him play, I'm mad to see him start the next game but JVG and co know when a player is ready or not for a game and what player suits a certain game plan better. If Munster are being dominated in the backrow I would feel more assured seeing Botha coming on than Wycherley.

Comment

fineen, sammy, sweetnam not named in the A squad so probably traveling as cover.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonstonitis View Post
                                Botha was poor last week but has been good, very good in some games, before that. Wycherley was good in one game but management see him every day and are far more qualified than anyone outside of the organisation to make that call. I feel the same about Bill J when I see him play, I'm mad to see him start the next game but JVG and co know when a player is ready or not for a game and what player suits a certain game plan better. If Munster are being dominated in the backrow I would feel more assured seeing Botha coming on than Wycherley.
                                If two lions are bossed by that motley crew of a back row.i give up

Comment

Working...
                                X