Gloucester vs Munster - Heineken Cup R5 - Friday January 11th @ 19:45

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigLad View Post
    I get the relegation thing for English clubs and the fear of it but it’s always the same teams getting promoted and relegated every year. It’s between Irish. Bristol Newcastle last few years and Irish will go up this season. Who ever goes down will get back up.

They also have 34o k registered players and a lower league with conferences and 60 million people. If we brought in relegation to the pro 14 where would you relegate them to ?
    The relegation thing is BS. Just a spiv excuse. Glouscester are in no danger of the drop. If they can't manage their squad that is their problem. No point crying about it afterwards. The French have relegation and are way worse in terms of sending understrength teams in some league games. They manage their squads for the competitions they are in and the targets they set and they don't have a cry to nanny about it afterwards

Comment

Originally posted by Talking Sense View Post
      Gloucester not at the races tbf but we have looked good, such a different side with Beirne, Joey and Farrell in our ranks. Spent the last few years saying how we’d never win a HEC with Keats, maybe now ppl can see how much we’ve been missing a top 10.
      Lay ocf the Keatley knocking please. He's our player, solid and loyal.

Comment

Originally posted by aupa les rouges View Post

Lay ocf the Keatley knocking please. He's our player, solid and loyal.
        +1

Keatley won us plenty of hc games. Enjoy the evolution of the team. Let's not go player knocking, again.
        There Rice krispie cakes not buns

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post

How’s the head, Chippy?
          He was like a man who had wondered out of a desert after 10 days and found an oasis

​​​​​

​​​​​
          Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by AwayFromHome View Post

The relegation thing is BS. Just a spiv excuse. Glouscester are in no danger of the drop. If they can't manage their squad that is their problem. No point crying about it afterwards. The French have relegation and are way worse in terms of sending understrength teams in some league games. They manage their squads for the competitions they are in and the targets they set and they don't have a cry to nanny about it afterwards
            The English squads are too small because they have lost control of their wage structure because they, firstly, turned a blind eye to the egregious flouting of the salary cap and, secondly, because they introduced the ludicrous marquee player system which is really just a license for agents to print money.

Comment

Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post

The English squads are too small because they have lost control of their wage structure because they, firstly, turned a blind eye to the egregious flouting of the salary cap and, secondly, because they introduced the ludicrous marquee player system which is really just a license for agents to print money.
              I’m not sure how much better it is in Ireland- but an additional element is a collusive media, which knows that if it is really critical of the RFU/Premiership, and publishes stuff that shows the debt, player minutes and shoots all the other canards that are regularly flown by the TFU/Premiership cabal, they won’t get interviews with players etc.

Comment

We've battered teams with Keats at 10 before. I think you need a top test quality 10 to win an HEC, but I don't think last weekend was the showcase for that. There aren't many tens in the league better than Keats on the front foot in a running game.
                "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Jesus the marking for Rory Scannell's try was abject.

They did not look a well coached side from what I've seen of the game
                  I am the million man.

Comment

Originally posted by Balla Boy View Post
                    We've battered teams with Keats at 10 before. I think you need a top test quality 10 to win an HEC, but I don't think last weekend was the showcase for that. There aren't many tens in the league better than Keats on the front foot in a running game.
                    On the Leicester tigers forum. They would have bitten our hand off for Keatley and have mixed feelings about taute.

Comment

Keats would have been a great signing for Tigers. He’s at his best behind a strong pack
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

There may not be many, but we have one of the few and he started Friday night

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

There may not be many, but we have one of the few and he started Friday night
                          I agree. I think we'd have won that game with any of our 10s. And any of our 9s for that matter. Maybe not by as many tries, but...we'd have won.

The way they fell of tackles ensured that.
                          "We will not walk in fear, one of another. We will not be driven into an age of unreason if we dig deep into our history and remember we are not descended from fearful men" Edward R Murrow

"Little by little, we have been brought into the present condition in which we are able neither to tolerate the evils from which we suffer, nor the remedies we need to cure them." - Livy

"I think that progress has been made by two flames that have always been burning in the human heart. The flame of anger against injustice and the flame of hope that you can build a better world" - Tony Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Waterfordlad View Post
                            Keats would have been a great signing for Tigers. He’s at his best behind a strong pack
                            A great signing for Tigers if they put him in a time machine then.

Taute would do a very good job for them I think. They need gain line battering rams.

Comment

I agree. I think we'd have won that game with any of our 10s. And any of our 9s for that matter. Maybe not by as many tries, but...we'd have won.

The way they fell of tackles ensured that.
                              A big difference is that Joeseph was so accurate off the tee, I don’t recall any of our other current 10’s kicking that accurately in big games

Comment

Does have anyone have a link to the full match? Thanks
                                Ta an draoicht ar ais aris

Comment

Working...
                                X