Gloucester vs Munster - Heineken Cup R5 - Friday January 11th @ 19:45

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
    Popped rib is 4 weeks at least. POM v likely out for England game in 6 nation's
    Who said he popped any rib.Were you talking to the bone surgeon and radiologist? More than likely severe bruising????️*♂️

Comment

Originally posted by Ragusa View Post

Who said he popped any rib.Were you talking to the bone surgeon and radiologist? More than likely severe bruising????️*♂️
      JVG said it in a post match interview.
      The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

Of course he was talking to both of 'em - you hardly think he was making this up for fun.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
          What a game, what a game, jesus what a game. Did ye hear us singing? We gave it everything. I don't know how many of us were there but it felt like home.
          My first trip to Kingsholm, hopefully not my last but what a way to begin.
          Oh we heard it, ye were brilliant, fair play. The traveling support is always fantastic. I’m always so impressed (and a little bit envious) of the support for away matches. We’re always represented so well. I long for the day where I can afford to be heading off to these big away games instead of counting my euros for petrol money for home matches.
          The Maul is Back!! LONG LIVE THE MAUL!!

Stringer is bigger even than his own immense shadow. Pound for pound, he is the best tackler in the world. If you put him into bag of cats he\'d come out without a scratch. He was hit very late for Murphy\'s try. And when he got up, as we knew he would, the crowd cried his name as if he had just fixed the economy.Billy Keane-After Munster\'s famous loss to the AB\'s.

The Bull-Truly irreplaceable, a mountain of a man. 100 caps!!

Comment

You diagnosing based on x-ray vision?
            Easy for me, i just listened to JVG in his interview say it after the game, try and keep up.
            Last edited by Tobyglen; 12th-January-2019, 00:56.

Comment

It was I
              Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post
              South African Glaws player in the BT studio spoke very highly about Van the Manager saying his preparation on the opposition is excellent. As usual off they go to Van and not a hint of a smile. He has the cut of a fellah that is extremely focussed.

The only real emotion I saw out of him was with the away loss to Glasgow he got whiter and whiter as he was asked questions about where it had gone wrong. I suspect he shares his disappointment very forcefully, but keeps it all behind closed doors.

He doesn't seem to panic, just tweaks here and there and get the prep right.

It was only moments, but after the exeter game he spoke to a few of us, and was very pleasant but determined- “we’re building something” he said - it looks like it’s coming along nicely.

Comment

Super win, very professional. Great to see us put in a big one away from home. Glaws were very poor though.

Thought Archer, Beirne, Stander, POM, Holland, Conway and Carbery were superb.

Don't actually share the optimism about the backplay here to be honest - still yet to be convinced a team like Sarries wont smother our largely one dimensional one-out game that creates room for our backs to cobble together a try.

I think Farrell is actually our most important player in that regard. He gets our backs over the gainline cos I don't think we're well coached enough by Felix to conjure up big plays in the 22. We're good from outside at creating openings, still to see us being clinical in the 22 consistently.

If Exeter have a chance next week, it'll tell us more about where we are.

One of the great days, don't let backplay criticism dampen it, exciting times to be a Munster fan

Last edited by LeakyBoots; 12th-January-2019, 02:19.
                Marty in the Morning

Comment

Well that wasn’t too shabby was it?

Just home and yer man says “long journey for an hour and a half of rugby though”.
                  Ain’t no pleasing the youth these days!

Thought we we were excellent but Gloucester were poor.
                  Farrell has been sorely missed.
                  english by birth

Comment

I was very critical of munster and esp JVG after Castres and Leinster, I have no problem saying that tonight they showed they were a team with with a plan. Interesting it was the first full backline of season but the whole effort was special. The scrum and front row, scannell and archer who have had criticism. Out line-out, defence (there I said it) and mostly the hungry and team work.

I was wrong. Happy to say how happy I am that we have a team that is buying into something, And especial mention to Stephen Archer. Well done you.

Comment

Just home after a long long drive back. Superb performance, professional, clinical and a bonus point to cap it off. Can't ask for more.

Please support Milford Hospice. Click here to donate.

Comment

Originally posted by Tobyglen View Post
                        Fully expect to see a Johny Sexton wailing press conference ala Andy murray announcing his retirement in the next few weeks. He knows he's done.
                        His pensions adviser Wycherley thinks it’s for the best.

Comment

Originally posted by mr chips View Post
                          What a game, what a game, jesus what a game. Did ye hear us singing? We gave it everything. I don't know how many of us were there but it felt like home.
                          My first trip to Kingsholm, hopefully not my last but what a way to begin.
                          Oh ye were well heard. Fair play to all the travelling support, plus the Glaws fans too. The noise was unbelievable
                          "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post

If Leinster lose tomorrow expect to see the slimmest sports insert in the indo ever on Monday

Comment

What we all saw was a thing of beauty, the likes of which we haven't observed in years.

We now have four 1st place prayers onboard who were absent last season. Each of these players, are beginning to click in full with this team.

We were good last year, bar Bordeaux. This year...???
                              If your religion is worth killing for, please start with yourself.

Comment

I had a look at the Glaws Fans site. Obviously many are gutted as we would have been if we lost, but the majority still recognize how well Munster played. They are a great bunch of fans
                                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Working...
                                X