Gloucester vs Munster - Heineken Cup R5 - Friday January 11th @ 19:45

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bankman View Post
    Rob Henderson was the only man to put some manners on Healy.
    I felt Austin Healy was enjoying Gloucester getting spanked.

Comment

Ger Gilroy will have to find some new angle as to where we are lacking, Probably bring up some Grobeler non story
      If Leinster lose tomorrow expect to see the slimmest sports insert in the indo ever on Monday

Comment

6 day turnaround for Exeter and 8 day turnaround for us. Significant advantage for us next week.

If we win that, it's Looking likely we will play Edinburgh home or away, or Montepellier at home. Let's hope Toulon do the business at home v Edinburgh and give us a handy home Q final.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy View Post
          If Exeter lose tomorrow they are dead and buried?
          Yes. A draw would put them out as well. They need two wins and a bonus and Munster to get nowt to win the Pool. Two Bonus wins would allow Munster to get one point and they would win the Pool. 18 points would probably put them through in second.

Comment

Originally posted by MunsterBakery View Post
            Wel we are back in some bit of a groove. Joey is showing he can lead from 10. Beirne is a freak of a man. Literally a freak. His sisters are all models but by god he us the most beautiful freak ever. Some engine. Conway is a rampant rabbit and lads we all bashed Felix BUT we see now the plan they have hugely needs a lad like Farrell at 13. He attracted so many defenders and allowed for gaps.

Fair play Billy for that pop for Earls try too.
            What's this 'we all bashed Felix' ????

​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
            AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post

I felt Austin Healy was enjoying Gloucester getting spanked.
              Yep me too. He made lot sof inane comments but I enjoyed him even so. He made lots of jibes about Joey being better than Sexton

Last edited by Waterfordlad; 11th-January-2019, 23:08.
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Rob Henderson was the only man to put some manners on Healy.
                and Axel shortly thereafter.

Comment

Munster just Munstering!

KiIller, Scannell, Archer total scrummaging, Kleyn always bludgeoning, Beirne daylight robbing, POM pomming pomming, Stander metres making, TOD number sevening, Murray just promenading, Carbery top try-scoring, Rory re-discovering, Farrell so intimidating, Conway his goal poaching, Earls his goal hanging, Haley ShaunPayning, Rhys re-appearing, Loughman nicely developing, Ryan post HIA-ing, Holland soft off-loading, Botha not for stripping, Alby outside footing, scoreboard overheating, Johann quietly steering, team bonus pointing, Exeter not believing, next Saturday already looming, ticket thread totally creaking, Munster clearly marching, Thomond Park awaiting .... and brillant fans supporting.
                  "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."
                  Donald McRae, Guardian Rugby, October 2015

Comment

Originally posted by rathbaner View Post
                    === TODAY AT 13:41 HI ===

Thanks for the link.

Far be it from me to second guess ROG - who says that Munster aren't there yet and "there means trophies".

But, but, I can't help thinking that a corner has been turned. Two or three years ago - after we lost to Toulon I think - I posted here that what Munster needed was to build a team, and a way of playing, that meant we could travel to a place like Toulon as favourites or at least as a serious competitor, rather than as brave underdogs who might ... on their day ... etc.

Well, I think that day has arrived. And what's made the difference is easily identifiable and tangible.
                    • First) an international standard tight five.
                    • Second) a world class back row.
                    • Third)an international quality half back partnership
                    • Fourth) international standard centres
                    • Fifth) a coaching ticket that understands where it's going
                    • Sixth) a game plan that everyone understands
                    • Seventh) Experience.
                    • Eighth) Discipline

You can see over the season how this has been built game on game on game but only really started to become obvious with the return of Murray, Kleyn, Farrell and Goggin and with Carbery getting more experience under his belt.
                    And barring injuries, we can only get better. This is a much better side than the one that came close to, and should have, knocked Racing out of the comp away in Paris last year.

If I'm right, we come home from Goucester tonight with a hard fought win, possibly a bonus point win and Exeter get the Sale 2006 treatment at Thomond park next week.

BELIEVE!
                    Please, pay attention.
                    {Late Try did}
                    Last edited by rathbaner; 11th-January-2019, 23:23.
                    Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2019.

Comment

Hope joe schmidt was watching last few games . Tadgh beirne is an immense player and has to be involved in 6 nations from the start.
                      hes not schmidts first choice although in my eyes he should be but it would be a travesty not to give him a genuine shout

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Donaghy on POM.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	61.0 KB
ID:	2553977
                        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Anyone know why jvg was on the touch line for the game ?

Comment

From the Guardian: "...Munster were a cut above as they registered the most points Gloucester have ever conceded at home in Europe."
                            Gloucester bowed out of the Champions Cup after losing 41-15 to Munster at Kingsholm
                            "I don't believe in fairytales," O'Connell once told me, "even though it feels like I've been lucky enough to live through a few. However it ends, I'll feel lucky."

Comment

Was at the big win against Northampton but this was so much better, a team in control.
                              Brilliant in defence, but our breakdown work on our own ball was superb, no shortage of bodies willing to do the unglamorous work.
                              ​​​​​​
                              This was like toulon at their best, Gloucester tried hard but were not at the same level, no shame in that.

Comment

From RTE (earlier): Hurting Gloucester ready to repay Munster in full

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information