No announcement yet.

Gloucester vs Munster - Heineken Cup R5 - Friday January 11th @ 19:45

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last 5 times we have played Gloucester in the last 15 years, we have won all 5. Gowan Munster!!!!!

Comment

They are some cocky lot on their shed web thingy. Saying that we are average and not world beaters ? We may not be the best in the world anymore but we are top of our league. We have beaten Leinster recently. We put 60 on ulster. We are top of our euro group. We haven’t lost a home game in any competition in 13 months. We are back to full strength.

We we not great in October against them. But the result was 5 nil. We were missing Farrell and Murray. We switched off when it was 30 to 5 instead of putting 50 plus on them.

Comment

I see you got quoted on their Forum
        "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post
          They are some cocky lot on their shed web thingy. Saying that we are average and not world beaters ? We may not be the best in the world anymore but we are top of our league. We have beaten Leinster recently. We put 60 on ulster. We are top of our euro group. We haven’t lost a home game in any competition in 13 months. We are back to full strength.

We we not great in October against them. But the result was 5 nil. We were missing Farrell and Murray. We switched off when it was 30 to 5 instead of putting 50 plus on them.
          Yes but it's good to be Bitter! Bring it on makes us more FERAL in the crowd...GRRRR CMON MUNSTER....
          I'm leaving in 30mins......

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. (Marcus Aurelius, 121-189 AD)

Comment

I think this is the strongest team we've fielded all season.

Let's open up and lay into them with manic aggression. 5 points.

Comment

Look at this sh@te headline from our own d4 RTÉ media

https://www.rte.ie/sport/rugby/2019/...imon-devereux/

surely after beating d4 and Connacht away the headline should be Munster primed for euro qtr. or Munster looking to get job done etc. makes me sick.

I wonder what the headline for Leinster match will be tomorrow.

Comment

surely after beating d4 and Connacht away the headline should be Munster primed for euro qtr. or Munster looking to get job done etc. makes me sick.

I love it - let leinster get complacent, we are up against it. Away to a very good Glaoucester team who have more reason than most (Cipriani's red, Miracle match etc) to try to beat us.

Bring it on
                "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Comment

I think Munster are better than average but going on December (before Christmas) alone you wouldn't have had fear of playing them. The last two matches have shown a massive improvement. The pack were outstanding against Leinster and the backs played with far more width and moved the ball really well against Connacht. I think this is the perfect test to see where Munster are at now. Gloucester are little bit similar to Munster this season. Very good at times and very poor in others... inconsistent for the most.
                  He's a guy who gets up at six o'clock in the morning regardless of what time it is.

Comment

Reading the article, it is about Gloucester. Which is fine if they are writing for a Gloucester audience. It would also be fine if they were supplementing a match preview piece about the Irish team involved - but I cannot find any piece like that.

So it will be interesting to see the editorial approach for the Leinster game. Looking forward to a good piece about the Toulouse revival. On its own.

Comment

Nothing wrong with the headline or the piece, it's reflective of the piece which is primarily about Gloucester. It's OK to have pieces giving a little insight into the opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by Late try View Post

Reading the article, it is about Gloucester. Which is fine if they are writing for a Gloucester audience. It would also be fine if they were supplementing a match preview piece about the Irish team involved - but I cannot find any piece like that.

So it will be interesting to see the editorial approach for the Leinster game. Looking forward to a good piece about the Toulouse revival. On its own.
                        I had a comment censored on the Demented Mole blog recently. I politely asked why there was an obvious contempt towards Munster in the post which was never there so openly before in earlier blog posts. Munster baiting seems to be a very popular pursuit these days.

Is it just the case that Munster fans are more likely to boost their clicks when irked by provocative articles and Leinster fans are too busy wearing scarves and drinking lattes?

Comment

Originally posted by lawrence View Post

Dead right.

I’m off to book flights for the final. Can’t wait to beat Toulouse in Newcastle.
                          Toulouse in the final ...wouldn’t that be fantastic...old order restored!

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Snrub View Post

I had a comment censored on the Demented Mole blog recently. I politely asked why there was an obvious contempt towards Munster in the post which was never there so openly before in earlier blog posts. Munster baiting seems to be a very popular pursuit these days.

Is it just the case that Munster fans are more likely to boost their clicks when irked by provocative articles and Leinster fans are too busy wearing scarves and drinking lattes?
                            No, we are getting stronger and they want to put us back in our place

Comment

From The Examiner:

Why all the fuss over Franco Mostert?

“We know the Gloucester fans love their physical, hard-working forwards, and Franco is exactly that,” said Director of Rugby David Humphreys.
                              When it comes to producing second-rows, there are few countries in the world with a better track record than South Africa. Mostert is the latest in a long line of talented players, however he is different to the likes of Eben Etzebeth. Etzebeth and others rely on their size, but Mostert is not the biggest when it comes to locks — as pointed out by Munster coach Johann van Graan this week. Van Graan knows Mostert from his time working with South Africa and as such, he knows how much of a threat he will pose tonight at Kingsholm.
                              The 28-year-old is excellent in the line-out, both at ensuring his own ball is won and stealing others. Indeed, during the 2018 Super Rugby season, he won 87 line-outs — 25 more than any other player.
                              However, it is Mostert’s work-rate that sets him apart from others. He may not be the biggest but he is a willing carrier and he weighed in with 163 for the Lions last season (the 10th-highest in Super Rugby).
                              Defence, though, is where the second-row’s work-ethic really shines through. He is one of the best tacklers in the modern game and he unsurprisingly topped the charts for that in Super Rugby last season. His tally of 234 was also 25 more than the next-best player. The challenge for Mostert now is to replicate that form in Europe and the visit of Munster is the perfect chance to showcase his talent. Nights like tonight are exactly why Gloucester signed him.

Comment

One of several reasons I will continue to pay for the Examiner daily.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breaki...baQiM2EfFvg20=
                                Headline The Toulouse turnaround, and why Munster aren’t there yet

Comment

Working...
                                X