Pro14 R13) Connacht V Us - Saturday 19.35 TG4-Eir-Premier-Sportsgrounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pro14 R13) Connacht V Us - Saturday 19.35 TG4-Eir-Premier-Sportsgrounds

Gotta back it up, they're in our log in the league.

Hon Munster, and happy new year you filthy animals!
    Starts
    5th-January-2019 19:35
    Ends
    6th-January-2019 17:10

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Certainly seemed to be grimacing when he came off, and looked almost like a dead leg during the game, although hard to say with him, can look batters during a game and seems to recover just fine- fingers crossed- a win on Friday would be fantastic, and is within our reach.
    Think the real positive of this game was the form Murray was displaying. He has looked a bit short of a gallop since his return but he looked razor sharp on Saturday night. Munster still aren’t quite there but, jebus, they could give someone a proper paddling when it all clicks into place.

Leave a comment:

• jagawayagain
    replied
    Originally posted by the plastic paddy View Post
    Finally catching up with the second half of this game. Plenty to be getting excited about but I am worried whether POM will be fit for Friday night...
    Certainly seemed to be grimacing when he came off, and looked almost like a dead leg during the game, although hard to say with him, can look batters during a game and seems to recover just fine- fingers crossed- a win on Friday would be fantastic, and is within our reach.

Leave a comment:

• the plastic paddy
    replied
    Finally catching up with the second half of this game. Plenty to be getting excited about but I am worried whether POM will be fit for Friday night...

Leave a comment:

• Munsterboy
    replied
    Originally posted by Username View Post
    Listen you can disagree if you want but he looks well within himself alot of the time when the backline is crying out for fast ball.
    Jaysus, he came on and closed out a bonus point win against a still very lively Connacht side and you’re complaining.

Leave a comment:

• Balla Boy
    replied
    Listen you can disagree if you want but he looks well within himself alot of the time when the backline is crying out for fast ball.
    But it's just as likely that he was given instructions going on as to how fast and loose Munster wanted to play, given that most of Connacht's points were coming from breaks.

Leave a comment:

• rathbaner
    replied
    He looked within himself when scoring tries against the All Blacks. He's such a quality player he always looks like he's playing in slow-mo.

Leave a comment:

• Username
    replied

Leave a comment:

• AwayFromHome
    replied
    I have visions of Murray in green running to the ruck pass and move pass and move, in red it seems to be get to ruck stand up make sure the pillar is there and box kick. Can't be the game plan as Alby was running the ball or passing all night. Feel Conor tends to phone it in at times with Munster.
    Fair play to you for getting two nibbles in just over an hour with bait as rancid as that.

Leave a comment:

• Balla Boy
    replied
    Was it just me or did the game slow to glacial proportions when Murray came on? Good god man pass the ball, and fast.
    Surely Murray has earned the benefit of the doubt at this stage? He came on with Munster 7 points up, twenty five minutes to go. They went two tries up about ten minutes later.

If the game slowed at that point, it was because they wanted to slow the game.

Leave a comment:

• Wallyman
    replied
    I have visions of Murray in green running to the ruck pass and move pass and move, in red it seems to be get to ruck stand up make sure the pillar is there and box kick. Can't be the game plan as Alby was running the ball or passing all night. Feel Conor tends to phone it in at times with Munster.
    Murray has been kicking the leather off the ball for Ireland for ages. The box kick has been one of Irelands more important plays for ages.

Leave a comment:

• Username
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Miguel Sanchez
    replied
    Was it just me or did the game slow to glacial proportions when Murray came on? Good god man pass the ball, and fast.
    I think he's a considerable distance from his peak currently. We may be instructed to keep playing him however, as there's nothing like a run of games to carve out a bit of form.

Leave a comment:

• The Yak
    replied
    We've had some very inept match officials in recent times. Probably cost us 2 games and could impact on our CC Progress.

It was refreshing to get a really solid reffing performance the last day, for a change. M Adamson (SFU) - very competent IMO - Got all the big calls right and used his TMO well.
    Usually the Jocks don't produce god refs but this lad is impressive. Hope we get him in the CC again.

Credit where it's due.

Leave a comment:

• Redcafe1
    replied
    I agree with you. I also think he overdoes the box kick - yes it is a good weapon but at times it is just giving procession away when ball retention may be better option. Always felt that a SH needs to be unpredictable and keep defense thinking. I do think Alby does that better.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X