Pro14 R13) Connacht V Us - Saturday 19.35 TG4-Eir-Premier-Sportsgrounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

Saracens lost to Sale last night and are still 2nd favourites to win the HCup. We now have a competitive league and a loss or a losing bonus point against Connacht doesn't mean Munster can't win either the HCup or the league. (Sale and Connacht are battling it out in the same Challenge Cup pool).

Sale have had good wins over the last few weeks- so their beating of Gloucester a few weeks ago looks a little different now they have beaten Sarries as well. Sarries in contrast have had two losses and an unconvincing win at home to Worcester. Gloucester look to have serious injury worries- but they are a proud side, and next week is do or die for them. That said, the premiership is more important for them, so I wouldn’t expect them to be taking too many chances with their selection.

Comment

Originally posted by jagawayagain View Post

Sale have had good wins over the last few weeks- so their beating of Gloucester a few weeks ago looks a little different now they have beaten Sarries as well. Sarries in contrast have had two losses and an unconvincing win at home to Worcester. Gloucester look to have serious injury worries- but they are a proud side, and next week is do or die for them. That said, the premiership is more important for them, so I wouldn’t expect them to be taking too many chances with their selection.
      Moving off piste....I think Leicester will give Gloucester a bit of a thumping today....and without wishing to encourage gambling on un-fixed sorting events, I think Leicester at -2 in the handicap look like good 'value'.
      ​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
      AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

Moving off piste....I think Leicester will give Gloucester a bit of a thumping today....and without wishing to encourage gambling on un-fixed sorting events, I think Leicester at -2 in the handicap look like good 'value'.
        Have a lot of sympathy with Leicester (Neil Back aside!) and I hope they give Gloucester a drubbing today- I think that will further focus minds away from Europe.

Comment

Connacht were Pro12 champs more recently than Munster. Their ambition, and expectation, will be to challenge for that title again.

Comment

Table looks a lot better these days three consecutive defeats for glasgow including today away to treviso.

glasgow played 13 points 42
            munster played 12 points 39
            ospreys played 13 Points 37
            connacht played 12 points 36
            cardiff. Played 13 points 32

any kind of a win tonight puts up top
            Still there's a light I hold before me
            You're the measure of my dreams
            The measure of my dreams.

Comment

Great to see it so competitive
              "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
                Table looks a lot better these days three consecutive defeats for glasgow including today away to treviso.

glasgow played 13 points 42
                munster played 12 points 39
                ospreys played 13 Points 37
                connacht played 12 points 36
                cardiff. Played 13 points 32

any kind of a win tonight puts up top
                I’m delighted treviso won. It’s good for the league. Glasgow always fall apart from Xmas on.

Comment

Dennis buckley late withdrawal from connacht team
                  Still there's a light I hold before me
                  You're the measure of my dreams
                  The measure of my dreams.

Comment

Originally posted by theghost View Post
                    Dennis buckley late withdrawal from connacht team
                    That's a big bonus to Munster. Buckley has done well against us in recent years .

Comment

And in another piece of good news, Chris Farrell has survived the warmup intact and has taken the field ahead of kickoff.
                      Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Dummy throw on Connacht lineout not pinged.
                        Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Shocker of a missed tackle from us.
                          Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Brilliant from Beirne!
                            Tis but a scratch.

Comment

Try Connacht.

Awful from Munster.

Comment

Balls.