No announcement yet.

Pro14 R13) Connacht V Us - Saturday 19.35 TG4-Eir-Premier-Sportsgrounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Won’t be easy in Galway, never is. Plus they are playing really well lately, should have beaten Les Dames
    "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

A losing bonus point and only 4 points for Glasgow and Connacht would keep Munster 2nd and 5 points behind Glasgow - and probably just favourites to win the conference and to meet Dublin4ConveyorBelters in the final in Parkhead.

​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
      AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Everyone is tipping Connacht to win this and home advantage is massive, it's true. But I think Munster can do it. Just need to stay in touch til the bench comes into play.
        Connacht will make hay over the Six Nations. Munster must put some daylight between them now
        Munster – Champions of Europe 2006, 2008, 2020.

Comment

Originally posted by AdolphusGrigson View Post

I know he has some fans on here but not sure Wootton is every likely to establish himself as regular 1st teamer. For me Shane Daly looked the pick of the up and coming backs.
          And don't forget RoM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chrizzzie View Post

And don't forget RoM.
            Earls has maybe 3 seasons left and Conway a good few more. I can’t see anybody else dislodging them anytime soon. However I would rate rom the least out of sweetnam. Nash. Wooton and Daly

Comment

Connacht are a strong side going well, but they're a Challenge Cup side while we're talking about pushing to win the HCC. No way we should be looking for anything other than a win here. We should be looking to make a statement here.
              "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

Originally posted by busby View Post
                Connacht are a strong side going well, but they're a Challenge Cup side while we're talking about pushing to win the HCC. No way we should be looking for anything other than a win here. We should be looking to make a statement here.
                I think thats unfair and opinion of someone not watching connacht play regularly. We're not going to be winning Champions Cup any time soon.
                Statement of what exactly?
                With the Connacht centres named and Daly only into the squad training with them for first time and immediately into start Munster could be slight favourites

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                  I think thats unfair and opinion of someone not watching connacht play regularly. We're not going to be winning Champions Cup any time soon.
                  With the Connacht centres named and Daly only into the squad training with them for first time and immediately into start Munster could be slight favourites
                  I like to think every season that Munster could win the European cup. It what keeps me sane. Bar 2014 to 2016 where we were not in the mix but we had clermont and saries in our group we were there or there abouts.

Connacht are improving and have played some great stuff under friend. However I expect a Munster win tomo. Their record against us is abysmal.

Comment

Originally posted by BigLad View Post

I like to think every season that Munster could win the European cup. It what keeps me sane. Bar 2014 to 2016 where we were not in the mix but we had clermont and saries in our group we were there or there abouts.

Connacht are improving and have played some great stuff under friend. However I expect a Munster win tomo. Their record against us is abysmal.
                    Not to think it but been long time since you could genuinely say it.
                    In the last 5 seasons theyve 4 wins against Munster. That isnt an abysmal record

Comment

Connacht will be optimistic of beating us in Galway, and we’re sending up a strong team as we know how important the fixture is in terms of our conference in Pro14. Neither side is underestimating each other.

i’d have Connacht as favorites due to home fixture but it could go either way
                      "There are a lot of points that we’ve left behind and this is with a young group. That probably tells you what they’re capable of and that they’re a very good side.

Probably next year or the year after next they will take some stopping"

Anthony Foley, May 2016. Axel RIP

Comment

Five years ago a Munster team of this strength would have been a shoo in for a TBP win against Connacht, even in Galway. That we all anticipate such a competitive game is a further sign of the rude health of Irish rugby!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ormond lad View Post
                          I don't mean it in an arrogant/expectant way, and I've seen enough of Connacht to know how good a side they are. My point is that if we want to achieve what we say we do - winning competitions - then we should be expecting to win games like this, not be hoping to.

By statement i mean laying getting a result which means we've means we're clearly ahead of Connacht and battling with Glasgow, for top spot - not battling with Connacht/Osperys for second/third.
                          "There are probably more annoying things than being hectored about African development by a wealthy Irish rock star in a cowboy hat, but I can't think of one at the moment"

Paul Theroux

Comment

I don't mean it in an arrogant/expectant way, and I've seen enough of Connacht to know how good a side they are. My point is that if we want to achieve what we say we do - winning competitions - then we should be expecting to win games like this, not be hoping to.

By statement i mean laying getting a result which means we've means we're clearly ahead of Connacht and battling with Glasgow, for top spot - not battling with Connacht/Osperys for second/third.
                            Referring to Connacht as a “Challenge Cup side” doesn’t recognise their quality this season. They’re playing as well or better than many sides in the Champions Cup now and have every right to expect to beat us, or anybody else, in Galway.

We ARE battling Glasgow for the top spot - there’s only a couple of points between us - but so are Connacht. They’re up there with us.

Comment

Originally posted by Munsterboy View Post

Referring to Connacht as a “Challenge Cup side” doesn’t recognise their quality this season. They’re playing as well or better than many sides in the Champions Cup now and have every right to expect to beat us, or anybody else, in Galway.

We ARE battling Glasgow for the top spot - there’s only a couple of points between us - but so are Connacht. They’re up there with us.
                              I bridle at the Challenge Cup suggestion too- but I would also say, in fairness, that we are aspiring to win the HCUP, get to finals consistently, and will be disappointed if we do not do so in the next few years. It may seem a pipe dream, but it is the standard we measure ourselves against. Connacht has different aspirations, realistically getting to quarters consistently is their next step on the ladder. We should never take any opponent for granted- and it’s not arrogant to expect us to beat most of the opponents we play against every year. That probably includes Connacht, just about, especially with the very strong team we have selected. Any win for us will be a good win.

Comment

Saracens lost to Sale last night and are still 2nd favourites to win the HCup. We now have a competitive league and a loss or a losing bonus point against Connacht doesn't mean Munster can't win either the HCup or the league. (Sale and Connacht are battling it out in the same Challenge Cup pool).

​​​​​​#GiveLeinsterTheHCupNow

Originally Posted by mr chips
                                AG gets the responses he does because he is a journalist..

Comment

Working...
                                X